"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas- Bermuda / Nov 1, 2013

Radio

Mark,

Formally from Bel Air, Perry Hall, Upper Cross Roads, now PA!

Totally enjoyed your Live report...again!!! We will be looking forward to your report from the Pride!

Thanks for sharing your vacation with all of us!

Thanks again for bringing us along with you Radio! I'll bring you along with me Live on the Allure in just over a week. I'll be sure to have a coffee or two on my balcony for you! :)

You mean the pressroom!

:eek::eek::eek:

I believe Radio is a smoker, so, he is going to try Carnival. He needs his pressroom. Radio, have you sailed Carnival before? I think about them because they are out of Baltimore, but, can never find any good solo deals like RCI.

The “Thriller” passenger dancing was fun to watch.

TH11.JPG

Just checking in after the snafu with the pictures not coming through a couple days ago. This one really has my attention. Do they have now Thriller dance classes earlier in the cruise? A few members of the cruise director's staff were being taught this dance in the back of the lounge before the Battle of the Sexes show last April. I thought they were getting ready for a show ... didn't think they might be getting ready to teach it. If so, I know this is something I'll want to do on my cruise next month.

Thanks again for all the great pictures ... 5 weeks and counting down till my turn on the Grandeur again.

Edited by emeraldcity

Back from another fun cruise with my friends. . .

Now I can take some time to go back and see what I missed!!:eek::D

Wonderful images as always Radio. . .

Hope everyone made it home safely!!

I can't see to find the Windjammer here........:confused: And I had to PAY for dinner last night!

I can't see to find the Windjammer here........:confused: And I had to PAY for dinner last night!

Yes, but now you get to go home & see Smudgie!;)

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk 2

Just checking in after the snafu with the pictures not coming through a couple days ago. This one really has my attention. Do they have now Thriller dance classes earlier in the cruise? A few members of the cruise director's staff were being taught this dance in the back of the lounge before the Battle of the Sexes show last April. I thought they were getting ready for a show ... didn't think they might be getting ready to teach it. If so, I know this is something I'll want to do on my cruise next month.

Thanks again for all the great pictures ... 5 weeks and counting down till my turn on the Grandeur again.

They had classes everyday during our Oct 11 cruise.

It's just called "The Swizzle Inn," but the Rum Swizzle is their signature beverage.

There are actually two of them. The original is on the east side of Hamilton, just prior to the causeway that runs by the airport, and the newer one is on the South Shore Road.

If you load up my Overview of Bermuda map, you can find both of them marked. Easiest is to click on the name linked under the map, and it will pop up a pointer for you.

Both of them are on the major bus routes, or of course, a taxi or a scooter will get you there as well.

Theron

thank you for your response TPKeller. We will definitely try it out.

They had classes everyday during our Oct 11 cruise.

Thanks for the info. I did an abbreviated 2-1/2 minute version of the dance with a group of moms for the after-grad party last year at the high school. It was a lot of fun. I'll have to put this one on my to-do list.

A review with Mark, is always enough to keep the winter blues away.....and it is not even winter yet:eek:

Getting ready for a possible winter snow belt event this upcoming Wednesday. . . so better start looking for another review, but, I wish it was RADIO!

Sea Ya

Emeralcity. I was on the Brilliance in September, and yes they do teach the dance, they had rehersals once or twice a day. No one in this photo looks like they are dressed like a zombi. On the Brilliance they asked everyone to be creative and come for the performance in costume. It was not necessary, most did try to come in costume. I did not know about it when they had the first class and it would of been hard for me to catch up on all the steps. But my next cruise I am going to do it; I even bought some Halloween make-up to take with me when I cruise again in March.

Emeralcity. I was on the Brilliance in September, and yes they do teach the dance, they had rehersals once or twice a day. No one in this photo looks like they are dressed like a zombi. On the Brilliance they asked everyone to be creative and come for the performance in costume. It was not necessary, most did try to come in costume. I did not know about it when they had the first class and it would of been hard for me to catch up on all the steps. But my next cruise I am going to do it; I even bought some Halloween make-up to take with me when I cruise again in March.

Thanks for the tip ... I'll make DD in charge of costuming. What does a Christmas zombie look like anyway?

Edited by emeraldcity

I second what my esteemed cruising colleague has written,

Hello everyone. . . I did rest a bit when I got home, but I am working on a few vids, uploading pics and scanning. . .

It should be done in a few days. . .

Radio

;);)

Thank u I am sure we will all love them

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.

Radio,

Is the bridge tour just for Diamond and Diamond + members or can anyone sign up for it? My brother would love to do this on our cruise in a couple weeks!

It is not for Diamond. . .It is only for Diamond Plus, Pinnacle and Suites (GS and above)

That being said, I have heard of many creative ways to be invited. Some have told me that they just sent a request letter to the Captain)

Radio

;);)

I loved the Bridge Tour

W18.JPG

I like the exterior Bridge Wing

W22.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Radio, thanks for yet another great thread...I so enjoy your "live" reports. Folks on other threads have been complaining about the beds not having box springs and being very uncomfortable...did you experience anything like that with yours?

Paula

Edited by justforkicks