S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 9195

DECK #: 9

CLASS: ??

AREA: Midship

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: There are lifeboats 2 or 3 floors below, so you can see them when you look down when you're standing at the railing, but that wasn't a problem for us.

BALCONY SIZE: Standard size

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Our room stewards, Elsa & Alvito, were excellent.

671595717_2015-10-0213_07_43.jpg.c7006a072790a4bbb6e9a48acacfa560.jpg

1059912271_2015-10-0213_08_35.jpg.dbc5294c3d7843199cf739859153dc4f.jpg

SHIP: Silhouette

CABIN #: 6201

DECK #: 6

CLASS: 2D

AREA: Midship

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: Yes. Lifeboats were used for tendering so some noise when they were lowering and raising.

BALCONY VIEW: Between lifeboats so there is a view down to the water.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Our room stewards were excellent. Bottom drawer stuck some so it was difficult to use.

CABIN #: 6309

CLASS: SV

AREA: Aft

QUIET?: Yes.

BALCONY VIEW: Great view.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: Light soot and smell on last 2 days.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Engine vibration was noticeable most all the time. Nothing extreme, though. Overall, this is a great cabin and we would book an SV again.

CABIN #: 7261

DECK #: 7

CLASS: 2B

AREA: Aft Port

BED NEAR: Bathroom

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed straight ahead; top of tender blocked view down

BALCONY SIZE: Typical

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This cabin and 7263 are directly across from a crew door. To my surprise, we heard no sounds of the crew door closing. Either the cabin attendants did not use this door or they were very quiet.

SHIP: Eclipse (10/21/15)

CABIN #: 2121

DECK #: 12

CLASS: SS

AREA: Aft Port

QUIET?: NO!

BALCONY VIEW: Good with exception of poles and overhang (which came in handy during rainy days) if trying to take photos or video. No big deal.

BALCONY SIZE: Larger than standard balconies. Had large round table and two chairs with ottomans.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

I had read on CC that this stateroom had some unpleasant noise coming from the overhead OV Café. We didn't think that it would be a big deal because we travel with a white noise machine. While the machine helped, we were still awakened during the night by the "thundering" noise of the carts and scraping of chairs on the uncarpeted areas which appear to be right above the bed. :eek:. This bothered my husband more than me.

Then there was the "other" noise... :(

Again, I had read about a creaking noise in the cabin. This from a very early review. The later reviews of this stateroom did not mention the creaking, so I thought it had been resolved. In fact, we heard no creaking until about halfway to 3/4 into the cruise. At that time, the seas were becoming rough and the ship was sailing at top speed to reach the next port of calls. OMGosh! It seemed the entire back, left side corner of the cabin was creaking. I was able to localize the noise to a space above the desk storage cabin near the sliding door. I placed a rolled up magazine between the cabinet and the ceiling panels. This helped somewhat unless the ship really rocked to the starboard side (we were on the port side of the ship) and the creaking noise was at it's worse. We even set up a white noise app on my iPad between the creaking and our bed, in addition to our white noise machine on the dressing table. Neither of the white noise sounds helped when the creaking was at it's worse.:(:eek: To be fair, there were several places around the ship that creaked badly when the seas were rough.

Unfortunately, my husband and I received very little rest from that point on. We did not complain to the purser because we knew there was nothing that would or could be done for either noise. It really is too bad that passengers spend extra on these suites and then have to put up with these annoyances.

One more noise problem that occurred. The following was not an ongoing issue, but did sort of ruin our last afternoon on the ship.

On the last afternoon, after packing our suitcases and wanting to have a couple of hours of relaxation before the evening's entertainment, a loud drilling noise began in the wall between our bed and our bathroom. :mad: We were sure it was coming from the OV Café, so my husband went up to check it out. Nothing was going on above. :rolleyes: We assume that the noise must be from the stateroom below. There was drilling and banging noises continuously for at least an hour. No rest for the weary that afternoon! We did report this to our room steward who did not have a clue what the noise could have been.

Edited by Iamthesea

• 2 weeks later...

This cabin was Aqua when we booked, is now consierge. Long walk to elevators which may be a good thing if you are mobile. Be aware there are service closets across the hall and right next to you is the closet where they store all the bottled water. Very loud when they are restocking every few days. Lots of carts in the area all the time. On the plus side you are right over the wake. No smoking issues, no ash issues.

Ship: Silhouette

cabin #: 1610

deck #: 11

class: Aqua

area: Hump near forward elevator

bed near: Bath

quiet?: Some noise n the room time to time

balcony view: Angled forward

balcony size: Large

wind a problem?:no

soot a problem?:no

problems/comments: Feel vibration in the room part of the day and night.

Room is quiet but there is a large air vent or intake over the balcony that is fairly loud.

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 1558

DECK #: 11

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: Starboard Forward

QUIET?: Very

BALCONY VIEW: Foward view partially blocked by windo washing equipment over next door cabin 1556 and angled support beam to the right supporting solarium deck above although many of these cabins have a support beam

BALCONY SIZE: standard with 2 reclining chairs, 2 ottomans and a dining height teak table

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: We liked being forward since we could hear the ocean sounds more distinctly. Being 4 cabins aft from the forward elevators made the cabin very quiet, little foot traffic, no crew doors nearby. We liked being under the solarium since there was no noise from above. It was nice th be close to the Relaxation Lounge, fitness room and Persian Garden. In the future, I would choose 1560 or 1564 so we could have the bed by the balcony which we prefer and not have the window washing equipment in our line of sight. We didn't mind the walk aft since we like and need the exercise.

CABIN #: 1550

DECK #: 11

CLASS: Aqua, A2

AREA: Starboard Forward

BALCONY VIEW: Great views all around, although you can see the window washing equipment to the right. That did not bother us at all.

BALCONY SIZE: Standard with two reclining chairs, 2 foot rests, and a round table.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This is the third time I've been in this area of the ship. The previous times were in cabin 1546. 1550 is very quiet, even though there is a crew closet right outside our cabin. We didn't hear anything from above either. The location is great in that it's very close to the elevators and stairs to get to the spa, gym, and aqua spa café (one deck up) and two decks up to the sky lounge. You do have a longer walk to go aft of the ship, but that didn't bother us. It was one way to get some exercise. Our cabin attendant, Corazon, was very friendly and attentive. I would stay in this cabin again.

Monica

Edited by Compass Rose Monica

SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 6291

CLASS: Veranda

QUIET?: Only during the day. Extremely loud all night

BALCONY VIEW: Classified as obstructed, but really not

BALCONY SIZE: slightly larger

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Worst noise ever on a ship with no sleep. The cabin is directly above Blu and its kitchen. Every night (between 11pm and 6:30am) there was intermittent banging and clanging below us. We complained for 4 straight days, repeatedly. We were finally moved to another cabin - 6102, for the final 3 nights (which was better, but morning noise to due anchor). Would NOT stay in either cabin again.

Trying to get to spread sheet to check on room we have booked for January cruise on silhouette. I thought I found it but it took forever to go through each post.

I think I use to go to one page that had a spreadsheet that flowed faster. Would appreciate input!

Please everyone remember the title of the post.

S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

If you have cabin questions please create a seperate post!!

DECK - 9

CABIN # - 6109

STARBOARD or PORT - Port

BED NEAR - Door

QUIET CABIN - Depends. This room in near the front of the ship and low. Two days of our sailing we heard the noise of the waves hitting the front bow of the ship. This is not a pleasant noise. It was a loud metallic clang. After we changed direction it was quiet.

BALCONY VIEW - not obstructed. good view forward and down.

BALCONY SIZE - Normal

WAS WIND A PROBLEM - At times, yes,

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1229

Class – C2

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – near the bathroom

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet, near the library

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – lifeboats below, but did not obstruct view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - It was just on the angle, so slightly larger

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? This was a great location and would definitely book this cabin again.

SHIP: Reflection 7 night Western Caribbean

CABIN #: 7274

DECK #: 7

CLASS: 2A

AREA: HUMP Starboard side - view of most ports

BALCONY VIEW: Perfect

BALCONY SIZE: Larger due to Hump location

WIND A PROBLEM?: NO

SOOT A PROBLEM?: NO

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: NO

very easy access to the elevators with no noise; divided by a wall. Near the Hideway for coffee, if it was available. I had 7270 thru 7282 for our group and we got the Steward to open all of the balcony partitions; wonderful large patio for having a great time with our group. Book early to get a cabin in this location.

Edited by Nanatravel

I guess no one is adding any of these to the spreadsheet anymore. It sounds like a hard and thankless job. My review of the Reflection cabin from June has not been added to the spreadsheet.

CABIN #: 8266

DECK #: 8

CLASS: C1

AREA: Starboard

QUIET?: Very quiet

BALCONY VIEW: Excellent

BALCONY SIZE: Regular

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This is very close to the Aft elevators, it is more midship than aft. It was so close to the elevators and very convenient. It was about 4 doorways from the main hall to our cabin. I loved it and would book it again.

I guess no one is adding any of these to the spreadsheet anymore. It sounds like a hard and thankless job. My review of the Reflection cabin from June has not been added to the spreadsheet.

CABIN #: 8266

DECK #: 8

AREA: Starboard

QUIET?: Very quiet

BALCONY VIEW: Excellent

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This is very close to the Aft elevators, it is more midship than aft. It was so close to the elevators and very convenient. It was about 4 doorways from the main hall to our cabin. I loved it and would book it again.

So no one gets confused, Stateroom 8266 is a 1C, not a C1.

• 2 weeks later...

CABIN #: 1206

DECK #: 10

BALCONY VIEW: Great view - 180 degrees

BALCONY SIZE: Oversized

WIND A PROBLEM?: Not for us

SOOT A PROBLEM?: A little soot, but didn't ruin the cruise

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Only noticed soot a couple of mornings and it wasn't bad at all. Balcny extra large due to supply closet for room stewards next to our cabin which made the balcony wider. Long walk to the elevator, tho. Great for walking excerise. Would definately book this cabin again.

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 1112

CLASS: CS

AREA: Mid Ship

BED NEAR: Separate, on left hand side of cabin

QUIET?: Very.

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed, on hump. Great views

BALCONY SIZE: Good - double size with table, two chairs plus rattan lounger

WIND A PROBLEM?: No more than normal but wind noise on high seas day could possibly be a problem for anyone sleeping in sitting area but no wind noise heard when in the separate bedroom

SOOT A PROBLEM?: None noticed

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Good cabin and no noise from atrium or anywhere else. Very creaky in high seas but managed to stick bits of card in offending bits of the panels which helped enormously. Beware the door stop in the bedroom. Stubbed my toe on first morning and thereafter covered it (the door stop!) with a shoe. Also needs a hook or wedge for walk in wardrobe to keep door open so take your own wedge.

Ship: Equinox

Cabin: 7233

Deck:7

Class: 2A

Area: Mid-Ship

Bed Near: Bathroom

QUIET?: Most of the time

BALCONY VIEW: Great view

Great Cabin mid-ship near elevators and stairs. Noise level quiet most of the time. Did hear phone ring for wake up call in cabin next door every morning at 6:15AM and neighbors coughing along with tv sound up to loud.

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 1279

CLASS: C3

AREA:

BED NEAR: Closet

QUIET?: yes

BALCONY VIEW: no obstructions

BALCONY SIZE: normal size for C3 with footstools

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Edited by traveling6pack
adding title

Ship: Equinox

Cabin: 7219

Deck: 7

Class: 1A

Area: Mid ship, rear hump

Bed Near: Balcony

Balcony Size: Very Large, biggest of the bump extensions

Wind: Not more than any other

Soot: No problem

Comments: Near the elevator lobby on deck 7, but no noise ever inside the room, very quiet. Great view forward and out to the side

DSCN2437.jpg.b1ba1805fac5e75d770aa5c49e572df9.jpg

DSCN2441.jpg.803385eea476c6e2ae20d2f1116d5436.jpg

DSCN2443.jpg.95205b9a75481641a073b748f589a5ba.jpg

DSCN2447.jpg.44a7aeae9632a45b878a176c06b14d81.jpg