Non Refundable Dep & Insurance

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:00 PM.
Brooksville FL
3,566 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
The non refundable deposit is attached to a booking that is giving you something extra (OBC , Drinks , Tips , rate , etc. )
A risk worth taking I say

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Middle of the Sahara Desert
11,845 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Originally posted by cruisintoddler
Hi. We are looking at the mar 10 Royal. Interesting that you see it as a Sun Drenched Deal. I see no sales at all on that date when I log in. Maybe because I'm Canadian and most of the country has school break so no "sale" for us?? Lol!

The mystery continues.

I have booked under 30% off . I live in Canada and don't have any problems booking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past
boca raton fl
1,148 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by sknight
Since you mention that you are thinking about a 10 day cruise in March, 2018 I can assume that you are thinking about the Caribbean Princess Panama Canal on March 8, 21 or 31, Royal Princess on March 10, 20 or 30, Grand Princess Mexico on the 13th.
All of these voyages are currently covered by the Sun Drenched Deal promo which has a $100 non refundable deposit. This is the deposit if you book now. If a better deal shows up you would have to cancel and re-book. You will lose the deposit.
Its a way for Princess to prevent you from receiving any new price drops.
League City, TX
40,055 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by sknight
Since you mention that you are thinking about a 10 day cruise in March, 2018 I can assume that you are thinking about the Caribbean Princess Panama Canal on March 8, 21 or 31, Royal Princess on March 10, 20 or 30, Grand Princess Mexico on the 13th.
All of these voyages are currently covered by the Sun Drenched Deal promo which has a $100 non refundable deposit. This is the deposit if you book now. If a better deal shows up you would have to cancel and re-book. You will lose the deposit.
My experience (booking in USA) is that if a better deal shows up you can ask to be refared and this is not a cancellation. Of course any refare will be done with the current amenities which means you might lose some of the original booking amenities.
Toronto area, Ontario, Canada
888 Posts
Joined Sep 2001
Originally posted by caribill
My experience (booking in USA) is that if a better deal shows up you can ask to be refared and this is not a cancellation. Of course any refare will be done with the current amenities which means you might lose some of the original booking amenities.
Good to know, thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
.... ( Cruisintoddler-the "toddler" and her brother are now both teens!)
Royal Princess Mar 10 / 18 - 10 nites Southern Car // Caribbean Princess July 7 / 18 - 7 nites east Car

Royal Princess Mar 10 / 17 -10 nites East Car
Royal Princess Mar 13 / 16 - 10 nites East Car --- Regal Princess B2B Mar 8 & 15 / 15 - 14 nites East Car
Emerald Princess Mar 9 / 14 - 10 nite East Car --- Emerald Princess Nov 17 / 12 - 10 nites East Car
Ruby Princess Nov 27 / 11 - 7 nites East Car --- Emerald Princess - Dec 18 / 10 - 10 nites East Car
Carnival Miracle - Nov 4 / 09 - 8 nites South Car --- RCI Serenade Aug 23 / 08 - 7 nites Alaska
Carnival Victory April 13 / 08 - 7 nites East Car --- Star Princess Apr 21 / 07 - 7 nites West Car
Caribbean Princess Oct 29 / 06 - 7 nites East Car
RCI Jewel of the Seas April 22 / 06 - 8 nites East Car (all 4 of us from now on!)
Grand Princess Oct 2001 Eastern Caribbean - 7 nites (2 of us plus DD)
Carnival Fantasy May 19, 1996 Bahamas - 4 nites (just 2 of us - no kids yet )
boca raton fl
1,148 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by cruisintoddler
Hi, We are looking at booking for next March 2018. There are currently NO "sales" on the sailing we are looking at. So no "special pricing". But the deposits are clearly marked as "non-refundable" on the Princess website.

There is no reduced deposit amount mentioned, so I'm assuming its the full amount which I think is $450 pp for a 10 day. For 4 of us in 2 cabins that adds up!!

Could someone please let me know if I'm right about what the normal deposits are, and also does the Princess insurance with Platinum upgrade cover the deposits?

Thanks. My TA is away on a cruise til next week so I'm trying to figure some of this out before she gets back!
They are doing the non refundable so when they reduce the price you are screwed.
Halifax
396 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Perhaps someone can tell me about a booking I have for Feb. on the Royal. At the time that I booked it in July and still current is a 'Sun Drenched Deals' label with a $100 non-refundable deposit, when not signed in. If I sign in it doesn't show the 'Sundrenched Deals' label for this cruise and there is no mention that I can find of the deposit being non-refundable although it is still $100 and the fare is considerably less. I don't know if my deposit is refundable or not, or if I can get lower pricing if that happens before final payment.