Safe beaches in cozumel

Llonergan3

We'll be on the valor in December 2018, my son and his family want to experience the ocean. I've been to cozumel many times, I'm not a beach person but do enjoy the restaurants and shops! Need information on paradise island and any other beach that's safe and not far from the ship port!

Thanks you in advance my fellow cruise critic members!!!

We go to paradise beach, just a quick cab ride from the pier. It's $3 to get in and you need to spend like $10 in food and drinks. They have a beach and a pool. It's truly paradise to me so we go every time. Good luck where ever you go.

We went to Nachi Cocum. It's a bit more than Paradise beach, but you sit in a lounge chair under a palapa next to the surf, and they wait on you hand and foot. Bring food and drinks. There is a nice meal at a restaurant included.

We went to Nachi Cocum. It's a bit more than Paradise beach, but you sit in a lounge chair under a palapa next to the surf, and they wait on you hand and foot. Bring food and drinks. There is a nice meal at a restaurant included.

I went to Nachi Cocum the last time I was in Cozumel and it was great. I look forward to going back. Great beach and not too crowded. The service, drinks and food were excellent.:cool:

Paradise Beach is nice, they have a huge pool and lots and lots of lounge chairs by the beach. $3 to get in, but another $18 for a band to be able to use the water toys - if you have children going with you they will most likely want to use them. You pay when you arrive. The beach there is fairly rocky, enter the water on the far right side, facing the water. Food and drink are good, but it does get crowded. There are always taxis lined up when you are ready to leave.

Nachi Cocom is an all inclusive and limits the number of people admitted to 130. You have to book ahead online (website) They also have a pool, and the beach is much nicer with fewer rocks. You will have your own palapa with chairs and a small table. They will call a taxi for you when you are ready to leave.

My favorite is Nachi, I like to relax, and this fits the bill.

Although we are not "beach people" any longer (too much sun) we did stop at Playa Mia one time while visiting Cozumel. It was very nice and had food to purchase, as well as drinks.... I am not sure of the costs though?.

The only place we go to in Cozumel is Mr Sanchos - Ever since our first cruise and we went there we fell in love not only with the atmosphere but also the service is amazing - We like to do the Romantic Package so that we get a private cabana bed and table plus it comes with a massage for 2 right on the beach which is to die for

Nachi Cocum is my favorite place to go to the beach. It is beautiful, quiet, peaceful and the beach is soft and lovely. Food comes with it as well as drinks. I didn't love paradise beach at all. I think Nachi is a huge step up.

Nachi Cocum and Mr. Sanchos are actually adjacent to each other, it's only a 5 minute walk between them. Paradise Beach is also along the same stretch of sand. Difference is in the menus and how many people they allow and cost. I've never heard of a safety issue at either.

I, also highly recommend Nachi Cocom. They only let 100 pp per day into this beach club. $55 pp and includes top shelf drinks and an amazing lunch, heated pool right on the beach.

With boys that age I would focus on beach clubs offering water toys like Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach -- let the boys wear themselves out on the water toys while you enjoy one more margarita! ;)

Playa mia is a great choice for younger kids, it has a water park area that's not in the ocean, but also of course the ocean is there. They have a more kid oriented buffet, and all inclusive packages in line with what others cost.

Mr sanchos is great too, unlimited food and drinks, a couple of pools, buffet and table service. The inflatables for kids are in the ocean and extra charge.

If I was worried about kids in the water I would go with playa mia. If kids are older and can swim, and your not worried about them in the ocean, Mr sanchos.

There's many beaches in cozumel, I think all are considered safe.

Ok, so I'm looking to just unwind, relax and do a bit of snorkeling while at Cozumel (my cruise will be on RCI Liberty of the Seas in mid September 2018). From what I've read here, Nachi Cocom seems to have quite a few fans. How is the snorkeling there? I've looked at this place on Google Earth and see lots of black stuff in the water - is this seaweed, rocks...?

None of the beach clubs with a sandy bottom and waives will offer good snorkeling from the shore - no rocks/reefs for the little fish to thrive and the waves/sand clouds the water. You'll find some fish around the pier at Nachi, but will need to be careful about the small boat traffic coming and going.

Nachi and most of the other popular beach clubs offer a snorkel tour to the reef - usually 2-3 stops and about 90 minutes for about $30-35 per person.

Closer to the piers, with no real beach, is the Money Bar - good snorkeling from the shore; you enter the water via steps. No admission fee, good facilities, and good food, drinks and service. Mitsugirly is a frequent poster here who has a photo intensive review of her family's stop at Money bar linked in her signature. Like her, we've stopped for an hour or two of snorkel time at MB, ordered some drinks and nachos to prevent dehydration ;), and then taxied to Nachi or Paradise Beach for the rest of the day.

Also good snorkeling from the shore at Chankanaab, plus a separate small beach, pool, dolphin and sea lion shows, etc. -- but it comes with a $20 admission fee per adult.

Check out Mitsugirly, search this board, and do some homework on trip advisor before you decide on a plan.

Have a great cruise! :D