Boarding Passes

skoeper

We are sailing on Princess for the very first time in November. Until now, we have been Celebrity-devoted cruisers.

On Celebrity, we can go into the website and check-in ahead of time and then print out our boarding passes. We can add all of our info ahead of time (credit card, travel arrangements, etc). Does Princess do the same thing? It's too early to check in or I would try it and see if it works the same way.

Thanks!!

We are sailing on Princess for the very first time in November. Until now, we have been Celebrity-devoted cruisers.

On Celebrity, we can go into the website and check-in ahead of time and then print out our boarding passes. We can add all of our info ahead of time (credit card, travel arrangements, etc). Does Princess do the same thing? It's too early to check in or I would try it and see if it works the same way.

Thanks!!

Yup, same thing.

You log into the website - you can either set-up an account or login using your booking number and last name. Enter immigration info, credit card info, onboard preferences (robe in cabin, any special occasions, etc) and print boarding pass and travel summary - can be printed something like 49 days in advance. Maybe more..

You can book shore excursions, Internet packages, drink packages, spa, specialty dining, etc via cruise personalizer. ..

Thanks!!

It's too early to check in? We have a cruise in November and I'm able to access the check in process. Can't get the boarding pass until 75 days out, but I can check in.

Oh! It's not too early? Yay!

Thanks for all the responses :) And yea, really hoping the website works A LOT better than Celebrity's, lol. Theirs can be downright painful! Still love Celebrity, and hopefully will love Princess just as much.

It's too early to check in? We have a cruise in November and I'm able to access the check in process. Can't get the boarding pass until 75 days out, but I can check in.

Correct--the Princess site allows you to fill in the information at any point, but per the personalizer, you can't print boarding passes until 74 days before embarkation.

Also, a warning....we just moved up a notch on our Captain's Circle status. Our status when I went into "My Account" was correct, but on the "Guest Information" page of the check in process, it showed the old status. I called Princess and was able to have it corrected. It was probably incorrect because we booked the upcoming cruise before we sailed the previous cruise, but it was important to me that it be corrected.

The web site also does an "auto fill" from previous cruises for many of the fields.

Edited by moki'smommy

I found the princess check in procedure at the embarkation port the very easiest of any in th3 cruise lines we have travelled. They did not make me redo anything I had already done online. I loved it

Holy cats!! I just checked in and it was easy as pie! I'm already impressed!

Only thing left to do is enter my credit card info. The card we have expires in Sept, so I have to wait until the new one comes (I think). Pretty sure the number will be the same, but does Princess ask for the 3 digit number on the back?

It can wait, just so excited!

It USED to be that you could do the same on Celebrity and RCI. Pretty much as soon as you got the confirmation number. Now they say 90 days. I have a Celebrity cruise in a bit less than 4 months and no such luck. I have an RCI cruise in 5 months. No such luck. I have a Princess cruise in 9 months and VOILA.

Lots of stuff I prefer on Celebrity, but their website is NOT one of them.

Stuff I prefer on Princess too. Glad that we have choices and can "cruise around."

Holy cats!! I just checked in and it was easy as pie! I'm already impressed!

Only thing left to do is enter my credit card info. The card we have expires in Sept, so I have to wait until the new one comes (I think). Pretty sure the number will be the same, but does Princess ask for the 3 digit number on the back?

It can wait, just so excited!

You printed your boarding pass and probably luggage tags. This gets you on the pier. You are still required to check in on the pier and receive your cruise card.

No, Princess does not ask for the security code. If you decide to change your credit card number you can do it on line up to 3 days before sailing. After that you have to change it at check in or during the cruise at passenger services.

Unless they've changed this, I think the only difference when you go to print your boarding passes is that each passenger in the cabin has their own boarding pass whereas on Celebrity, both passengers have been included on one boarding pass.

Oh! It's not too early? Yay!

Thanks for all the responses :) And yea, really hoping the website works A LOT better than Celebrity's, lol. Theirs can be downright painful!

Still love Celebrity, and hopefully will love Princess just as much.

You will. :D

Tony