Would you leave the ship?

Billzilla66

I'll be on the Escape this October, going to Bermuda. We'll be docking at Kings Wharf at 5:00 on October 31st, and according to my research, except for a few restaurants and bars and Fun Golf, everything is closed at 5:00. With a ship that has over 4,000 passengers, would it make sense to leave the ship? I might just to stretch my legs and get a feel for the place, but I'm not holding out for anything to do on the first "day" there.

Has anyone done a late docking in Bermuda, and if so, what did you do?

you could always grab the ferry to Hamilton and see what's going on. you could also get your bus and ferry passes for the following days if you are planning to use that to get around (you buy them but the time frame on them doesnt start until the first ride and punch), grab the schedules, etc. that would save time the next morning.

you could always grab the ferry to Hamilton and see what's going on. you could also get your bus and ferry passes for the following days if you are planning to use that to get around (you buy them but the time frame on them doesnt start until the first ride and punch), grab the schedules, etc. that would save time the next morning.

The ferries will be on Winter schedule, so the last ferry leaves the dockyard at 5 :15 to Hamilton. I'm not sure if that would be enough time to get there from the ship. And on a related note, the orange line from the dockyard to St. George's doesn't even run in the winter. So if I find anything of interest that is open after hours, I'll have to use the bus.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I would grab the first bus out of Dockyard.

Maybe hit Swizzle Inn South for a pitcher of Swizzle. ;p

Just remember last #7 bus back leaves Hamilton @ 9:15.

Thanks for the suggestion, I plan to visit the Swizzle Inn the next day as I visit the Crystal Caves.

It's a weekday, good luck being among the first to run for the first or second, or even third extras / add-on buses leaving Dockyard ... would need priority disembarkation to get off the ship quickly, etc.

That leave, majority of the passengers for the next scheduled bus departure - coming back to the ship would be equally fun (NOT) with the last runs from downtown Hamilton.

NCL's "ferry" would take several hundreds, as for the rest ... taxis would be the remaining options, or, stay with whatever is open at Clocktower Mall for the evening.

The ferries will be on Winter schedule, so the last ferry leaves the dockyard at 5 :15 to Hamilton. I'm not sure if that would be enough time to get there from the ship. And on a related note, the orange line from the dockyard to St. George's doesn't even run in the winter. So if I find anything of interest that is open after hours, I'll have to use the bus.

Or a cab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You say that you are docking on Halloween evening? Why would you want to go anywhere off ship? Stay on board and enjoy the party.

Oh, I plan to join the Halloween party, but I was just thinking about stepping off the ship for a couple hours, look around, etc. But with 4,000 ppl doing the same thing, I might just hang back. I still have to find out when the visitor centers open and close so I can get a couple days passes on the buses and ferries. If they're still open after 5:00 I guess I can join the queue so I can get an early start the next day.

Oh, I plan to join the Halloween party, but I was just thinking about stepping off the ship for a couple hours, look around, etc. But with 4,000 ppl doing the same thing, I might just hang back. I still have to find out when the visitor centers open and close so I can get a couple days passes on the buses and ferries. If they're still open after 5:00 I guess I can join the queue so I can get an early start the next day.

Just checked on the visitor centers, they close at 5:00, so I guess I will have to wait until they open the next day at 8:00.

If you are on the 10/28 sailing, it shows a port arrival time of 6PM.

MARAPRINCE

Even with a late arrival on that first day, I would still definitely leave the ship. For me, I'd probably use that time to explore the area right outside of the ship. Although, I went there on the Dawn this past Sept and didn't find much to my liking other than the Maritime museum/fort. I loved that, but it might be closed by the time you arrive. Also, although I never went, Calico Jack's Pirate Ship bar looked like fun. They have a plank you can jump off right into the water. I would at least take a walk around and stretch my legs.

The Clocktower mall...sucks...sorry. It's good for a quick walk through.

As much as I love Bermuda, given the circumstances I would stay on the ship.

Unless any of the catamarans right at the dock are doing a sunset cruise in October....weather??

I would grab the first bus out of Dockyard.

Maybe hit Swizzle Inn South for a pitcher of Swizzle. ;p

Just remember last #7 bus back leaves Hamilton @ 9:15.

OR

I love to hang out with the local's @ the P.O.R.C. club.:cool:

Just walk up the hill from the clock tower mall and into the bus parking lot @ the prison.

You'll find some real nice folk in the Prison Officers Recreational Club.

Try some local grub there too.;)

The Clocktower mall...sucks...sorry. It's good for a quick walk through.

As much as I love Bermuda, given the circumstances I would stay on the ship.

Unless any of the catamarans right at the dock are doing a sunset cruise in October....weather??

Clocktower mall is pretty lame. It's air conditioned though. It was nice to go in if only to cool off.