Amalfi Coast excursions

MiMiMurrieta

Look on the Italy ports of call forum. That is where people will post about their tours and ask questions like yours. When we were there we were on a private tour arranged by someone on our roll call. It was wonderful.

Look on the Italy ports of call forum. That is where people will post about their tours and ask questions like yours. When we were there we were on a private tour arranged by someone on our roll call. It was wonderful.

Just be careful about posting that you are looking to share a specific tour. There is a Sticky Post on all of the port threads that it is not allowed.....

Bob

Check out APTours. We used them last fall when porting at Naples. We did Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast to Positano and then back to Sorrento to catch the ferry to the cruise Port. They were great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We prefer to take private tours. We took a tour from Sorrento to the Amalfi coast. There were 8 of us -plus the guide/driver. The 50 or so passenger Princess tours could not go to many of the places we went

Which company did you use? Can you recommend them?

We had an excellent tour of Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast including Positano and Sorento by AP Tours a couple of years ago. We also used Share a Shore Excursion in Livorno and Rome. Would highly recommend both of them.

Our DD had an excellent tour of Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast with Shared Tours Mondoguide for Rick Steves. The guide in Pompeii was a member of the family that did much of the excavation work in Pompeii.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

We have booked tours with Italy tours sharing by Joe Banana before.

They have several options to pick from, we have done the Pompeii and Amalfi Coast and then the year after Herculaneum and the Amalfi coast. Enjoyed both and can highly recommend them.

We joined a sharing tour for both.

Jules

I have used Aldo's Limos twice and have been very satisfied. Aldo and his wife Christina give you personalized service. Pick you up on time and get you back with time to spare. Had a great lunch with spectacular views. Will use them again.

We had a fabulous day on the Amalfi coast this past December with Enrique Natale of Enjoy Amalfi Tours. Highly recommend!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187785-d8122068-Reviews-Enjoy_Amalfi_Tours-Naples_Province_of_Naples_Campania.html

Contacted them! Rosie replied. They do not require a deposit. Waiting to hear back. thank you for responding!

They have several options to pick from, we have done the Pompeii and Amalfi Coast and then the year after Herculaneum and the Amalfi coast. Enjoyed both and can highly recommend them.

Jules

Thank you!.

Thank you! I have contacted Aldos. What kind of vehicle did you tour in?

We did a shared tour from Naples of Sorrento, Positano and Amalfi, it was in a Mercedes 8-seater van, we have 5 people on the tour.

We booked a Viator worry free shore excursion that visited all the main Amalfi Coast villages. Our ship wasn’t cleared for 2 hours in the morning due to rampant norovirus, and the tour company waited for the 6 of us doing that excursion (they had us in multiple shuttles for some reason), even making alternate transport arrangements for us to meet the rest of the group in Sorrento. It was a total whirlwind day, and I didn’t have time to fully immerse myself in each village, but it was still worth it to have been able to visit all of the main villages. I was worried the whole drive back we’d miss the ship because the other passengers in our shuttle didn’t have the same time crunch as us and weren’t in a hurry, but we made it back with 30 min. to spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have used Aldo's Limos twice and have been very satisfied. Aldo and his wife Christina give you personalized service. Pick you up on time and get you back with time to spare. Had a great lunch with spectacular views. Will use them again.

We also have used Aldo's Limos and were very pleased. I also would recommend them.

Jules

We are using Joe Banana for the Pompeii and Amalfi coast tour in June. Did you go to the Amalfi coast or Pompeii first?

We are using Joe Banana for the Pompeii and Amalfi coast tour in June. Did you go to the Amalfi coast or Pompeii first?

We used a different company, but you want to go to Pompeii in the morning before the heat of the day which can be very uncomfortable.

We used a different company, but you want to go to Pompeii in the morning before the heat of the day which can be very uncomfortable.

And before it gets crowded (which it will)! We arrived about 15 minutes before opening time so for the first hour or so we had the place mostly to ourselves as the tour guides know to spread out. When we returned back to the Forum the crowds were amazing (this was in mid-October on a weekday). We were so happy to have been early enough to take our pictures of the Forum with Mt. Vesuvius in the background without crowds of people milling around.