What's on your wish list for the new Carnival mega ship coming in 2020?

Joebucks

If you didn't already know, Carnival has ordered two mega ships, 5,200 guest capacity, and 180,000 tons, set to be delivered in 2020. What would you like to see on it? Please do not come here to tell us how much you hate mega ships.

Here are some of mine:

1.) Upgraded pool - I would love to see a really nice pool like you would see at an upscale resort. Maybe even one with a grotto, or waterfall. The current pools are generally underwhelming.

2.) A "Central Park" - While I have not yet been on an Oasis class ship, I think it could be a nice addition for something similar on Carnival. I would love to see it topical themed. Maybe a tropical straw market with palm trees?

3.) More shopping - Don't get me wrong. I'm not looking for it to be a mall. Nor do I know what I would even want to see. However, Carnival has already talked about partnering with more companies for more shopping options. It might be a nice way for them to capture additional revenue without having to really "force" anything on anyone. I wouldn't be mad either with expanded apparel options.

Based on the model of Iona (P&O UK) there should be at least four pools on this ship, including one indoor one in the entertainment venue. I would love to see one of those be adults only, even if it’s in Serenity.

I’d like to see some new variety in water slides. It seems like ages ago that Carnival introduced Green Thunder, and then other lines (especially NCL) have made slides like that their staple.

I’d love to see an observation lounge at the front of the ship (perhaps just above or below the bridge).

Improved venues will be a must, especially the theater, comedy club, and night club. Top deck shows are probably a given (apparently these are staples of Princess entertainment).

Since it’s been revealed that XL 1 will have at least one first-at-Sea feature, I’d like to see a “Mountain Coaster”. It wouldn’t have to be as long as its land based cousins, but on a vessel that will likely be over 1,000 feet long, you could find plenty of space for a decently long ride (0.4-0.5 miles). It could be a good way to suck up interior space as well - you could have it at least partly be a “dark ride” with some sea views as well.

Finally, just for fun, I’d love to see a translucent funnel that would be illuminated at night.

• Like 1

If you didn't already know, Carnival has ordered two mega ships, 5,200 guest capacity, and 180,000 tons, set to be delivered in 2020. What would you like to see on it? Please do not come here to tell us how much you hate mega ships.

Here are some of mine:

1.) Upgraded pool - I would love to see a really nice pool like you would see at an upscale resort. Maybe even one with a grotto, or waterfall. The current pools are generally underwhelming.

2.) A "Central Park" - While I have not yet been on an Oasis class ship, I think it could be a nice addition for something similar on Carnival. I would love to see it topical themed. Maybe a tropical straw market with palm trees?

3.) More shopping - Don't get me wrong. I'm not looking for it to be a mall. Nor do I know what I would even want to see. However, Carnival has already talked about partnering with more companies for more shopping options. It might be a nice way for them to capture additional revenue without having to really "force" anything on anyone. I wouldn't be mad either with expanded apparel options.

Agree with you that we need better pools with steps going down for the elderly but with there latest ships the pools are smaller and deeper. 2- they will not copy RCL with CP.

6.5 to 7 foot deep pools ( and larger) like the new MSC Seaside has. So much better to get refreshed in and swim a bit. The increased depth keeps the pool crowds under control and the drunks and goofs from just standing in it all day drinking and taking a leak in it. You actually have to tread water so the partiers will tire quickly and sink to the bottom so they get out. MSC perfected this with their new pools.

Here are some of mine:

A library where they stock Chap Books.

Ping Pong Tournaments

Checker Tournaments

More Lido Buffet lines or bigger buffet and variety so that lines arnt so damn long. Dont know what it was about Splendor but they had it down right and buffet island just for deserts and a buffet island for salads, fruits and cheeses, main lines for main foods and sides. Lines weren't long, didnt have to wait to get food. Then took a cruise on Glory. Deck plan shows its the same buffet layout and size as Splendor. It wasnt. Glory's desert choice was tiny, no salad bar, didnt have the verity of fresh fruit like Splendor had. Lines for the 2 sides were long and took forever to get food cause it felt like everyone was channeled into smaller buffet choice then what Splendor had. But over all make the buffets bigger with more choices so lines arn't so long. Golden Corral and Country Buffet have bigger buffets then Carnival ships and Carnival has to feed more people at once.

Edited by Brad1972

I like a lot of the suggestions already mentioned (unique water slides, observation lounge, return of the atrium), and to expand on the water slide point, I'd like one that is clear, and goes off the side of the ship to a lower deck, like the back corner.

I like the concept of a translucent funnel that lights up, I just don't know how they'd be able to pull that off. I mean, obviously it can't be completely translucent since that's where exhaust comes out, but maybe they can fashion some unique design for the exhaust pipes. Who knows, but I do like the idea of them doing something different with the funnel, like what they did with the Spirit class ships.

I'd like a more open dining room, with more windows. One of the main reasons my wife and I always go with early seating dinner is that we would have potentially nice views in the event that we are seated by a window, but if they open it up enough, everyone could theoretically have a great view.