Allure: Suggestion on where elderly parents could sit/go until cabins ready?

Taking my 90 year old parents on the Allure in October out of FLL. Assuming the cabins are not ready, any suggestions on a good place for them to seat and relax/rest. I would think the eating places would be chaotic. Maybe a bar or lounge with a view. (they are not Diamond or above).

You didn't say if you wanted indoors (air conditioned) or outdoors.

Plenty of open space with seating on the pool decks. Aqua theater has lots of seating and is outdoors. Solarium has covered, air conditioned spots, or kind of semi outdoors areas. I would stay away from buffets, cafes, etc. and Central Park (because of eating areas) as they will be more crowded.

You didn't indicate where your cabin is located. You might want to pick a place close by - less walking when cabins do open up.

If they are sitting at a table, who cares if the place is crowded? Maybe they want to watch the people?

When I took my then 87 year old parents, they enjoyed the Windjammer while waiting for the cabins to be open.

If they are sitting at a table, who cares if the place is crowded? Maybe they want to watch the people?

When I took my then 87 year old parents, they enjoyed the Windjammer while waiting for the cabins to be open.

If it’s crowded and people are looking for a place to sit, don’t you think it’s rude to continue occupying a table that is needed by others?

A little unfair when people are looking for a place to sit down with their tray and eat. So many other areas without taking up room in the Windjammer, or any other area where people are trying to find a seat to eat.

If this is a big concern, why not wait to arrive at the port until close to the time cabins are ready? When they announce cabins are ready, the WJ and all the eating venues empty out. You would be able to drop your bags in the cabin, go and eat comfortably in a/c. Sitting and holding onto a table after you finish your meal is frowned upon by everyone, regardless of their age.

Yeah taking up space for people that actually want to EAT!

How rude....:rolleyes:

Central Park and dine at Park Café and sample the roast beef sandwich and salads. Also, try the Solarium.

I'm sure your experience was different from my 3 Allure cruises. I say that because the Park Cafe was totally crowded as was the seating area outside the cafe. I wouldn't recommend that place to someone who wanted a relaxing atmosphere.

I would suggest the pub if the parents wanted peace and quiet, but they don't have food there. We have also waited outside the pub where there is some noise from people in the Promenade, but it's great for people watching. People have brought pizza or sandwiches/salads from Sorrento's to eat while seated there. I haven't been to Sorrento's on embarkation day so I don't know if they have the sandwiches or salads that day.

Additionally, if they want to spend a little, Giovanni's is open for lunch and they could have a relaxing lunch there.

• 2 weeks later...