Fort Lauderdale Pre Cruise September Hotel Question

hptraveler2

Fellow travelers, Does anyone have input on SpringHill Suites or Hyatt Place Convention Center in Fort Lauderdale. Our first time in Florida.We will not have a car and staying 2 nights pre cruise. All tips and insights will be most welcome! Thanks in advance.

I’d suggest the Hilton Garden Inn Ft Lauderdale- at 180 SW 18th Avenue, Dania, FL 33004

They particularly specialize in pre-cruise guests; they do shuttles from the airport and to the cruise port. Their diners and breakfast is outstanding and rates are good. I’ve stayed there... well, at least 6 times. Complimentary shuttle from the FLL airport, and very inexpensive charter vans to the pier.

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hilton-garden-inn-ft-lauderdale-airport-cruise-port-FLLFHGI/index.html

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hyatt Place is a nice, clean, quiet, hotel. It is near shopping, food, the port and airport.

And a much better location for sightseeing since the OP is staying 2 nights. It is within a mile of the water taxi (http://www.watertaxi.com) stop at the Hilton Marina plus next door to the Harbor Shops with a terminus of the sun trolley (http://www.suntrolley.com).

Hyatt Place is very convenient. We’ve stayed at a lot of properties in the region and have stayed at this HP about 6 times now.

Love the convenience of having shopping within a 5-10 minute walk, plenty of casual restaurants, very close to the port. Rooms are quite large.

I also recommend the Hyatt Place Convention 17th Street, have stayed here and it's now my go to hotel for pre cruise stay. Check valuetrips.com to get a great price at this great hotel.

I have already booked Hyatt Place for Sept. through Value Trips and the rate was $119 plus tax. Have stayed there several times. Very nice hotel and a short walk to shopping, food etc. Check it out.

Can somebody tell me how far it is from Fort Lauderdale airport to the cruise port and how much I Uber would cost

Take a look at google maps or even the Port Everglades map (https://res.cloudinary.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/Port_Everglades_Map_REVISED_November_30_2016_bae57d31-04c5-41d1-b193-a4bf242d9293.pdf). They are almost contiguous and you can see the ships from the airport and planes landing from the port.

Love Hyatt Place. Our traditional night before the cruise dinner spot is the Southport Raw Bar which is a 10-15 minute stroll from Hyatt Place.

Can somebody tell me how far it is from Fort Lauderdale airport to the cruise port and how much I Uber would cost

Depending a little upon what terminal - #1? #18? - a cab will run about $15+ and UberX will be about $10 (unless surge pricing is in effect)

Just for fun, I did a mock Uber booking for a 1:00 ride today from FLL to the port and no rides were available. That’s a First for me.

So Uber is not always a sure thing. I was just curious to see what peak time on cruise days look like re: Uber.

Neither Pool, Express Pool, X nor XL had availability when I tested it.

Update: Just tested Uber again and X is currently $11.43 and XL

$17.69. Tips have to be added now, too, so Uber is not such a great deal anymore, unless you’re stuck in a lot of traffic in a taxi, I suppose.

Edited by 4cats4me

Fellow travelers, Does anyone have input on SpringHill Suites or Hyatt Place Convention Center in Fort Lauderdale. Our first time in Florida.We will not have a car and staying 2 nights pre cruise. All tips and insights will be most welcome! Thanks in advance.

We have stayed several times at both places. Each has its pluses and minus.

My take:

Hyatt Place is the nicer facility by a bit. It is in a better location for dining, shopping, getting around (water taxi and Sun Trolley) and getting to the pier. Rooms are about the same size. Both have very good/friendly staffs. Both have free (or minor cost) shuttles from the airport. Hyatt has a $8 pp shuttle to the pier, I think Springhill's is still free.

I like both of them, but favor Hyatt Place by a slight margin. Which one I book is normally based on the price/deal I get. I have been able to use Hyatt Points lately, so I now stay there mostly. But, I would not be afraid to stay at Springhill.

Since you are staying 2 nights, without a car, I would stay at Hyatt Place. For a one night stay prior to the cruise, its a toss up.

Just for fun, I did a mock Uber booking for a 1:00 ride today from FLL to the port and no rides were available. That’s a First for me.

So Uber is not always a sure thing. I was just curious to see what peak time on cruise days look like re: Uber.

Neither Pool, Express Pool, X nor XL had availability when I tested it.

We take Uber literally 24/7 here and it has never not been available.

Uber is always available here. There is actually an Uber/Lyft ride share at the end of my street and there is always a car or six there.

We take Uber literally 24/7 here and it has never not been available.

Uber is always available here. There is actually an Uber/Lyft ride share at the end of my street and there is always a car or six there.

I’d never seen that before either, the not available,’ as it always gives a time estimate, and I tested every type of vehicle. Then 45 mins later everything was available from FLL.

I’d never seen that before either, the not available,’ as it always gives a time estimate, and I tested every type of vehicle. Then 45 mins later everything was available from FLL.

HaHa! Stupid Uber!

Maybe it was a glitch with Uber since you are in California?

• 1 month later...
I have already booked Hyatt Place for Sept. through Value Trips and the rate was $119 plus tax. Have stayed there several times. Very nice hotel and a short walk to shopping, food etc. Check it out.

Can someone answer a question about booking Hyatt Place through Value Trips? Is it correct that no charges will be made to your credit card prior to check in and you are allowed to cancel without penalty if done more than 24 hours in advance?

Laura

Can someone answer a question about booking Hyatt Place through Value Trips? Is it correct that no charges will be made to your credit card prior to check in and you are allowed to cancel without penalty if done more than 24 hours in advance?

Laura

Another question about Value Trips. Does anyone know when they release their 2019 rates? I was trying to book for January 2019, but it doesn't appear to be available yet. Thanks!

Laura

Embassy suites is the place to stay—-Big rooms—suites, included breakfast & happy hour. I also think it is one if not the closest to the pier.

Sent from my iPad using Forums