Beware! Bottomless Brunch from the Galley Tour!

We left in 3 groups and we share a table with very good people! We had so much fun with them!

It was on Allure march 25

The menu

1491141748-dsc02262.jpg

On each table

1491141858-dsc02263.jpg

1491141937-dsc02264.jpg

My sister took the smoked salmon as her appetizer

1491142099-dsc02265.jpg

I had the mushroom soup, delicious! At home i would use my finger to scrape de bowl...

1491142195-dsc02266.jpg

My sister took the Benedictine Eggs and i took the steak. We share

1491142394-dsc02267.jpg

Bottomless champagne you said? Yes yes yes!

1491142341-dsc02268.jpg

Key lime dessert (very good)

1491142538-dsc02269.jpg

The chocolate and dulce de leche cake. Oh-My-God!

1491142850-dsc02270.jpg

The Galley Tour was very informative, we liked it a lot! I am the cook at home but those quantities!

That's completely different than how it was on the Navigator last April. We started with mimosas, champagne, then the tour. After that guacamole and salsa. Then back into the galley where they were cooking appetizers, desserts, and entrees for you to take. It was truly a buffet. You could go back and get more of anything and everything. Desserts were laid out on the serving tables, fruit stations, crepes with fruit, chocolate.....

Definitely well worth it. Not sure about having a fixed menu. Can you order more than 1 item?

We don't ask for one item more and we do not have breakfast before (2 mini plain crescent at 8am was not a Breakfast).

But at dining room I made my dinner with 4 appetizers instead of entree or 3 lobster tails, not afraid to be a pig lol!

• 3 months later...

I think the Allure menu is very similar to the menu on the Adventure. I don't remember the smoked salmon appetizer, but it could have been available.

When we first came in, we were seated at tables and instructed to complete a health survey like the one at check in. No appetizers or champagne were served. Then we were divided into groups for the tour.

After the tour we were seated at tables to order from the menu. Still no appetizers or olives or anything. We got one round of champagne while we waited for our food. The food was good enough. Not bad by any means just not exceptional. Toward the end of the meal, we got another glass of champagne. I love the Adventure and they have a wonderful crew, but I didn't feel they were into the brunch. Probably just one more thing for them to do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think the Allure menu is very similar to the menu on the Adventure. I don't remember the smoked salmon appetizer, but it could have been available.

When we first came in, we were seated at tables and instructed to complete a health survey like the one at check in. No appetizers or champagne were served. Then we were divided into groups for the tour.

After the tour we were seated at tables to order from the menu. Still no appetizers or olives or anything. We got one round of champagne while we waited for our food. The food was good enough. Not bad by any means just not exceptional. Toward the end of the meal, we got another glass of champagne. I love the Adventure and they have a wonderful crew, but I didn't feel they were into the brunch. Probably just one more thing for them to do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did this on Adventure as well, and we were not impressed!

We paid the $30pp on Allure in February. No need to do it again on any ship. There is plenty of food available that is already in the cruise fare and the sparkling wine was just ok. We've been on various lines and seen their galleys. Not that much different.

I tried it on Voyager recently but it seems different.

We had a menu to pick the entree where there are about 3-5 items to pick and we had a buffet spread for appetizer and dessert with items like sushi, tempura prawns etc and there was a chocolate fondue at the dessert section.

My sister took the Benedictine Eggs and i took the steak. We share

1491142394-dsc02267.jpg

Bottomless champagne you said? Yes yes yes!

1491142341-dsc02268.jpg

Key lime dessert (very good)

1491142538-dsc02269.jpg

The chocolate and dulce de leche cake. Oh-My-God!

1491142850-dsc02270.jpg

The Galley Tour was very informative, we liked it a lot! I am the cook at home but those quantities!

Wow thank you for sharing and posting the photos the food looked fabulous.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

We did the galley tour on the Jewel last February. We had never seen any of the ship's inner workings and thought it was interesting and informative. We were offered unlimited mimosas, belinis and champagne during our brunch and the menu was similar. Did it once. Don't plan on doing it again.

We did the galley tour on the Jewel last February. We had never seen any of the ship's inner workings and thought it was interesting and informative. We were offered unlimited mimosas, belinis and champagne during our brunch and the menu was similar. Did it once. Don't plan on doing it again.

Why not it sounds interesting.

It was interesting but, as good as it was, there are too many other things to do to repeat the galley tour.

Thank you we did bridge tour last cruise and already done the entertainment tour so can understand that but we will still do the galley tour next time.

• 1 year later...
We try to make it a point to take the Galley Brunch tour when we cruise. We like Chefs Table as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would you recommend Chefs Table? Do you know if they would they substitute any item if a guest has a food allergy.

Would you recommend Chefs Table? Do you know if they would they substitute any item if a guest has a food allergy.

On our two experiences with Chef's Table, the chef came out at the beginning of the dinner and asked if there were any dietary restrictions.