Massage services

I like to book something other than a Swedish massage which I can easily get in town. Hot stone and Thai poultice are both nice. The only one I didn’t care for was the seaweed wrap with massage.

Prices are what I find at the 4 star resorts in my town.

Want to get my wife a nice massage service for her birthday. Can anyone offer suggestions on which to choose? Are any not worth the price?

none of them are worth the cost on board, even with the specials they often run. the quality of them is ..adequate to good.

IMNSHO, the best 'splurge' is the $99 specials on port days.. usually 3 different 20 minute services that you can customize. mini facials, scalp and shoulder massage, etc.

Don't know if it's a standard thing RCI does for birthdays since I've only been on 1 cruise. But my birthday was during the cruise and I received a gift voucher for the Spa for $50,-
We got a voucher for our anniversary

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I believe those port day deals show up in your cruise compass for the following day. You can't board and ask what port day specials there will be. I did notice when I was in my cruise planner that prices were cheaper on port days so that's something to consider. The only thing I don't know is if those cruise planner prices stay the same when you are on board. I didn't see "deals" next to the ones I was viewing so assuming those were not special prices.

Hot stone massage or swedish.

People complain about the high prices on board cruise ship. However the prices are comparable full service spas at resorts. You can't compare the prices to a hair salon that offers massages or a place like Massage Envy.

I prebook massages as we like to get them the day after embarkation (hopefully a sea) to get in the totally relaxed mode quickly.

I believe those port day deals show up in your cruise compass for the following day. You can't board and ask what port day specials there will be. I did notice when I was in my cruise planner that prices were cheaper on port days so that's something to consider. The only thing I don't know is if those cruise planner prices stay the same when you are on board. I didn't see "deals" next to the ones I was viewing so assuming those were not special prices.
The std port day discounts show on the itemized list you can pick up in the spa

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hot stone massage or swedish.

People complain about the high prices on board cruise ship. However the prices are comparable full service spas at resorts. You can't compare the prices to a hair salon that offers massages or a place like Massage Envy.

I prebook massages as we like to get them the day after embarkation (hopefully a sea) to get in the totally relaxed mode quickly.

I booked one for her since it's her birthday. I'll see if I can grab a deal for myself once aboard and if not, no biggie.

I think it depends what her expectations are. Has she never had a massage from a good LMT? If not, I'm sure whatever's on the ship will be fine for her. Especially if she wants something as simple as a "sweedish" massage.

I get bi-weekly massages, combination deep tissue with ashiatsu. Got a massage on a cruise once and she was the most amateur therapist I've ever encountered.

Like I said, just depends on what her expectations are.

We live in Miami and some of the best spas here do not charge what you are going to pay on the ship. I think ship prices for these services are stupid. Once on Liberty they randomly called us and offered us 50% off massage the next day which was a port day. My wife and I said yes and both had mediocre massages.

We live in Miami and some of the best spas here do not charge what you are going to pay on the ship. I think ship prices for these services are stupid. Once on Liberty they randomly called us and offered us 50% off massage the next day which was a port day. My wife and I said yes and both had mediocre massages.

Agreed. I have a spa membership and pay $99 per month for 2 60 minutes sessions which is an awesome deal. Typical going rate for a “walk in” seems to be $80 for 60 minutes. Even when there is a “sale” I think you’d be lucky to find it at that price or cheaper on board. And I doubt you’re going to be over the moon about the experience.

I think it depends what her expectations are. Has she never had a massage from a good LMT? If not, I'm sure whatever's on the ship will be fine for her. Especially if she wants something as simple as a "sweedish" massage.

I get bi-weekly massages, combination deep tissue with ashiatsu. Got a massage on a cruise once and she was the most amateur therapist I've ever encountered.

Like I said, just depends on what her expectations are.

Totally agree. Very amateur massages...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same here. I had a massage on Grandeur a few years ago, and it was a very good massage. And I have regular pro massages at home, and have had a wide range of massages around the world.