Allure cruise on Oct 1 - Where to go? Havana?

Our cruise had been altered due to propulsion issues with Allure to San Juan and Labadee to make it shorter distance, and due to damage at St. Thomas. Now, with damage everywhere you look, and having just begun service to Havana.... just wondering if Havana might be a good trade for San Juan? How about it, RCCL???

Our cruise had been altered due to propulsion issues with Allure to San Juan and Labadee to make it shorter distance, and due to damage at St. Thomas. Now, with damage everywhere you look, and having just begun service to Havana.... just wondering if Havana might be a good trade for San Juan? How about it, RCCL???

I don't think Havana can handle Oasis class ships

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No way to Cuba. I'm with Andrew, Nassau or Labadee.

Bob, we are already going to Nassau and Labadee. San Juan is currently the 3rd port so my guess is Falmouth. Close enough due to Allure propulsion issue.

I know it is hard to keep up with all the changes on these cruises. Here is the history of our Oct 1 cruise.

• Originally: Nassau, St. Kitts, St. Thomas
  • Allure propulsion: Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan (swapped San Juan for St. Kitts)
  • Hurricane Irma: Nassau, Labadee, San Juan (swapped Labadee for St. Thomas)

Bob, we are already going to Nassau and Labadee. San Juan is currently the 3rd port so my guess is Falmouth. Close enough due to Allure propulsion issue.

I know it is hard to keep up with all the changes on these cruises. Here is the history of our Oct 1 cruise.

• Originally: Nassau, St. Kitts, St. Thomas
  • Allure propulsion: Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan (swapped San Juan for St. Kitts)
  • Hurricane Irma: Nassau, Labadee, San Juan (swapped Labadee for St. Thomas)

Could be they will switch you entirely to a western.

Could be they will switch you entirely to a western.

Yes, I saw they did this recently with the Oasis (sailing this next week I believe).

There are so many ships being moved around across many cruise lines it must be a nightmare fighting for all the capacity in the available ports now.

Even more difficult with the Oasis class ships since they are limited to certain ports without using tenders (which I’m sure they want to avoid).

At least we know the port we are leaving / returning from. After that I will enjoy wherever we sail to.

I looked again at this week and they sent the Eastern itinerary cruises for Oasis and Harmony to a Western route.

Allure is still scheduled to stop at Falmouth, Labadee, and Cozumel this week.

It will be interesting to see if they just swap out San Juan for Falmouth or totally change our ports again. We will know sometime over the next week.

No way can an Oasis class ship visit Cuba with the current facilities. RC brought back the Empress JUST because she can fit the pier at Havana.

You would need a Visa to enter Cuba. Not sure of the cost.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

RC does the visa for you while on board. $75 pp

Cozumel and Costa Maya. Very dissapointed.

Me too. Was really looking forward to Labadee. I like Cozumel but the late change means most of the beach clubs are sold out or will be a zoo. Costa Maya is a bore. We paid much more than we should have for a western Caribbean cruise. I know they could get to St. Kitts even with the propulsion issues because the ship has been there after the problems started. Royal really let us down.

Me too. Was really looking forward to Labadee. I like Cozumel but the late change means most of the beach clubs are sold out or will be a zoo. Costa Maya is a bore. We paid much more than we should have for a western Caribbean cruise. I know they could get to St. Kitts even with the propulsion issues because the ship has been there after the problems started. Royal really let us down.

How did Royal let you down? Do they control the weather around the world now? Don't you think it was due to the weather in these ports that effected your itinerary?

Nothing wrong with Costa Maya.

https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/costa-maya/barefoot-beach-day-pass-all-inclusive.html

Jimbo:)

As always my thoughts are with all those horribly affected by the storms

But count me in as very disappointed as well.

I understand that the storms have changed many itineraries but there were a lot of other ports that could of been chosen (Falmouth, Labadee) besides Mexico.

I specifically chose not to sail a Western Caribbean cruise. Been there done that, won’t do it again. So now I’ve paid for a western but at eastern prices. Ummmm no way

Also with the changes made 5 days prior to cruise it leaves us with no options. Can’t cancel and do something else. Yes I know Royal Catibbean is not responsible for hurricanes but I think if the itinerary is drastically changed on such a short time frame that i should have the option as a customer to cancel and get my money back.

Please don’t make anyone who comes here to vent feel bad. We all need a safe place to let off some steam.

I cruised the Liberty of the Seas last year. Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel. Did not want to do Western Caribbean again for a while. Had a bad experience in Costa Maya and have been to Cozumel too many times.

We've had excellent experiences in Costa Maya and would not mind going again. I would rather stop there than Nassau.

This should be a safe place to vent with others without judgement if your issues are reasonable. While I understand many do not care where the ships go, they just enjoy cruising and the ships - some are ok where ever the ports of call take them - BUT I also understand for others if you purchased a product that is drastically changed and if that product is unacceptable u would like the option of canceling without penalty. a refund is the customer service way to go since many do not want to tie up their money in a cruise credit and may even book with another line .. but looking at it another way, at least a full future cruise credit gives you an option to rebook a future cruise when ports are reworked and an eastern itinerary is set. For those who do not empathize with you , think that you paid for and ordered a steak/prime rib etc, but when it came it was a hamburger. Yes it is food and beef but not at all what you ordered. We are all different with different likes and preferences.. that is why there are so many different ships and POC so we can all be accommodated. I think the point is, even after a disaster like this, we ( or our money) should not be held hostage when it is more than a minor change in plans. We have been cruising since 1990 and have seen such a change in the industry. With so many cabins to fill it is more procedures for the masses than customized customer service.

For those who do not empathize with you , think that you paid for and ordered a steak/prime rib etc, but when it came it was a hamburger. Yes it is food and beef but not at all what you ordered.

except, when your ordered that steak, you agreed to take any kind of meat in return.

APPLAUD.. point made... we all need to pay more attention to that fine print in our docs realizing the risk we take.. so I guess we tell those folks to stay on the ship and enjoy it.. that is actually what we do.. again they are just venting their frustration which I do understand.. so I guess we say...let them eat burgers!!