Princess Robes

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:03 PM.
Los Angeles Ca.
5,127 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
They have replaced the robes with new ones that are a nice stretch type material and bigger. They still don't fit someone XL but are much nicer.
Upland california
37 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Originally posted by voljeep
I know, right !?!? - How does Princess even stay in business?????

Robes

2 pats of butter

Crown Grill $10 for extra entre

berries

2 entres' in the MDR at the same time

Pizza sucks

Towels in cabins

PBP instead of AIBP

No gelato n coffee card

Medallion fiasco rollout

Novo crisis on Crown

fell free to add the many threads the last couple of weeks

They call you on the chefs table and ask you if you want the wine, you say no and it’s suppose to be $15 cheaper, then they go ahead and charge the $15 and don’t take off.... also the ice cream ( really ice mile) sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
362 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Originally posted by Hlitner
You folks just don't get it. In order to slim down the passengers (so they can close their robes) Princess discontinued the Parmesan bowls .

Hank
lol. Honestly, you got it! The secret plan. Oh, and don't forget - no more gelato on coffee cards. That's another ploy to get us to lose weight. I never knew you could buy gelatos with coffee card punches and was looking forward to finally doing it on my upcoming cruise. And what do you know? this was cancelled.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Regal Princess in November 2017!
East Bay
1,453 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Over the past ten + years I have requested robes on the Cruise Personalizer many times and have NEVER had robes in the stateroom (other than the one time we were in a suite) UNTIL we sailed on the Grand last month. On Day 2 or Day 3 (can't remember which) we returned to our stateroom and there on the bed were two lovely, nice quality, thick terry cloth, generously sized robes. I was shocked! I am not sure why this happened but this was our first cruise as Elite and my thought was that perhaps the robes are an Elite perk (?) Anyway, it was a very pleasant surprise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tom and Diane

Azamara Quest (Panama Canal) 2/17
Crown Princess (Seattle/Vancouver) 9/16
Ruby Princess(Pacific Coastal) 9/16
Ruby Princess (Pacific Coastal) 9/16
Azamara Quest (Nice/Southampton) 5/16
Grand Princess (Pacific Coastal) 11/15
Island Princess (Pacific Coastal) 9/14
Royal Princess (Scandinavia/Russia) 7/14
Sapphire Princess (California Costal) 5/12
Star Princess (Greek Isles) 10/11
Crown Princess (Canada/New England) 9/10
Golden Princess (Pacific Coastal) 9/09
Star Princess (Seattle/Vancouver) 9/09
Coral Princess (Alaska) 7/08
Golden Princess (Pacific Coastal) 9/07
Dawn Princess (Mexican Riviera) 10/06

Florida
293 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
they are all being washed on turnaround day - we've made a request to our steward and usually had them sometime the next morning
South Carolina
1,403 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Kidding....right!?! I'm 5'10" and 175 (that's verging on "overweight" according to BMI index). The robe is MORE than big enough! You get as many pats of butter as you want, the pizza is as mediocre as always, you get 2 (or more) entrees as often as you want, the stateroom towels are as good as most hotels, and so on. Princess is still a great experience!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rachel & Jim

MSC Seaside, January 2018

Celebrity Equinox - 11 days Caribbean and New Orleans Mardi Gras- February 20, 2017
Caribbean Princess - 11 Days New England and Canada - Sept 22, 2016
Navigator of the Seas
- 8 Days Caribbean April 16, 2016
Royal Princess -
10 days Caribbean - January 29, 2016
Oasis of the Seas -
7 Days Caribbean - October 31, 2015
Ocean Princess - 8 days United Kingdom - August 9, 2015
Caribbean Princess - 9 days (B2B) Caribbean - March 26, 2015
Ocean Princess - Caribbean 2-week Christmas and New Years - December 19, 2014
Regal Princess - Grand Mediterranean - August 30, 2014
Emerald Princess - Caribbean - January 28, 2014
Ruby Princess - Caribbean - January 23, 2014
Royal Princess - Inaugural Caribbean - October 29, 2013
Island Princess - Panama Canal - February 26, 2013
Celebrity Reflection - Caribbean - January 5, 2013
Coral Princess - ALASKA 15 day land/sea/land - July, 2012
Carnival Dream - Mexico, Belize, Honduras - December 24, 2011
Sapphire Princess - Hawaii (14 days)- November 26, 2011 -b2b-
Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera - November 19, 2011
Grand Princess - Southern Caribbean - January 2011 (14 days)
Enchantment of the Seas - Bermuda - May, 2010
Coral Princess - Alaska - August, 2009
Island Princess - Panama Canal - February, 2009
Caribbean Princess -Southern Caribbean - February, 2008
Carnival Victory -Bahamas - May, 2007
Grandeur of the Seas -Cozumel - February, 2006
Star Princess -Eastern Caribbean - April, 2005
Carnival Victory -Bahamas - May, 2004
Davidson, NC
1,409 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
We had lovely new plush robes on the Royal this past June. They were plenty large even though my granddaughter and I are both pretty small. Just hoping they'll replace the old waffle ones on the Regal before our Baltic cruise in June.
The Stateroom Under The Stairs
387 Posts
Joined Sep 2016
I am so small ..... when I wear a robe i look like a Star Wars Jawa .... and yes after a big night my eyes ARE that red!!

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
If you want me I shall be in my stateroom, or the bar, or the pool, or the pool with the bar, or the stateroom with bar and pool in it but definitely somewhere on board a ship!

Previously:

Castel Felice - Sitmar Line 1969
TSS Fairstar - The Fun Ship - 1985
Sea Princess - 2013
Dawn Princess - 2015

New Cumberland,PA, USA
28,012 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by HRPro
We had lovely new plush robes on the Royal this past June. They were plenty large even though my granddaughter and I are both pretty small. Just hoping they'll replace the old waffle ones on the Regal before our Baltic cruise in June.
We had previously had a nice plush robe (I think it might have been on the Ruby). But what we had on the Regal (last week) were the older waffle robes (lightweight) made for stick figures. Somebody mentioned that they were Elite and go nice plush robes. We have been Elite for a very long time and were not so lucky. I am wondering (out loud) if there are only a limited number of plush robes and its luck of the draw. We did not think it was that big of a deal and never mentioned it to our steward (to try and get nicer robes). But it is one of those little things we save for CC .

Hank
At home
1,267 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
In May this year on the Ruby one robe showed up in the cabin. This was after 9 previous requests with no robe. I had just left the request ride on my personalizer.

So, one day I tried it on and walked out to show the Wife. I was really concerned that she was going to hurt herself laughing. Then when she started to hunt for her phone (has a camera) I beat feet back to the closet area and got dressed.

It was one size fit very small and did not fit me.

Next cruise in Oct, no robe again.
Bob
New Cumberland,PA, USA
28,012 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by elfinmagic
If you do not fit the robes it might be time to lose some weight???
'Hmmmmm "If it doesn't fit, you must quit?" Might be the basis of a new Princess marketing campaign.

Hank
Arizona
3,159 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by Hlitner
We had previously had a nice plush robe (I think it might have been on the Ruby). But what we had on the Regal (last week) were the older waffle robes (lightweight) made for stick figures. Somebody mentioned that they were Elite and go nice plush robes. We have been Elite for a very long time and were not so lucky. I am wondering (out loud) if there are only a limited number of plush robes and its luck of the draw. We did not think it was that big of a deal and never mentioned it to our steward (to try and get nicer robes). But it is one of those little things we save for CC .

Hank
I've never seen "Plush Robes" listed as an Elite perk. If it really was a perk, don't you think Princess would feature it?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Emerald Princess - B2B Norway and Grand Mediterranean - 2016
Ocean Princess Final Voyage - Grand South America 2016; Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera - 2015
Royal Princess - Eastern Caribbean - 2014; Ruby Princess - Canada and Colonial America - 2014;
Ocean Princess - Singapore to Dover around Africa - 2014; Dawn Princess - Australia, Indonesia and New Zealand - 2013
Sapphire Princess - Los Angeles, Hawaii, Samoa, Tahiti, Los Angeles - 2012; Golden Princess - RT from Seattle to Alaska - 2012
Diamond Princess - Singapore to YVR 2012; Emerald Princess - Caribbean 2010-2011
Coral Princess - FLL - YVR plus Alaska RT 2010; Star Princess - South America and Antarctica 2009
Costa Classica - Genoa to Venice 2008; Costa Fortuna - Caribbean 2008
Costa Atlantica - Eastern Med 2006; Norwegian Dream - Baltic 2004
Norwegian Dream - Miami to Rome 2003; Norwegian Wind - HNL to YVR 2002
Norwegian Wind - Caribbean 2001; Celebrity Zenith - Caribbean 1996
Norwegian Windward (now the Wind) - So Cal Coastal 1993; Carnival Jubilee - Mexican Riviera
Carnival Festivale - Eastern Caribbean 1988
PA
2,865 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
after getting our robes i went out to the steward and asked if he had any for fat people. he said no.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
10/16/16 Breakaway Haven Spa Suite, Bermuda. 1st cruise ever and had a blast

12/11/16 Breakaway to Bahamas. I am addicted so had to go again quickly on my 2nd.

10/21/17 Princess Regal to Canada. Celebrating a milestone!

1,292 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by luckyinpa
after getting our robes i went out to the steward and asked if he had any for fat people. he said no.
Too many trips through the buffet line?. You must be overeating at the buffet?
Those robes are enormous.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Over 100 cruises. Then my dementia kicked in. Now I can't remember just how many cruises I've taken.
And God willing, may He grant you good health to live and not die before your next cruise.

1,292 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Oceania has very small robes too. We aren't huge people, XL but these robes barely tied around.
You are XL?
And that is not considered being huge?
Just wondering, who would you consider as being huge? By weight? Or?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Over 100 cruises. Then my dementia kicked in. Now I can't remember just how many cruises I've taken.
And God willing, may He grant you good health to live and not die before your next cruise.