Ladies - lets talk handbags

Sparkles87

Ok ladies.... here's a very important question!

How many handbags to you take on a cruise?

My number is 4.....

To be fair No.1 is my travel bag for on the plane so technically it doesn't count ;)

No.2 is my off ship day bag. Normally a cross body bag big enough for a bottle of water and all the others things ladies like to have in a handbag :)

No.3 is a beach bag or tote bag for days onboard. I recently read on another board that this is a major sign of a 'newbie' cruiser, but to me I want to take my towel, sun cream, book, dailies, sunglasses etc. with me so I can find a sun lounger and that's me set for the day - no need to trudge back to my room every time I need something. Anyone else care to weigh in?

No.4 is my small evening bag. Just big enough to put my sign and sail card in, my camera and maybe a lippy.

Well ladies, what's your number and why?

I think I brought 10 on the last cruise. I like options and to coordinate my purse with my dress that evening. Out of that, 3 purses were for during the day and 7 were for the evenings. It was an 11 day cruise, so at least I didn't bring a different purse for every night. :eek:

Lisa

My tote that goes on the airplane and holds two of my other purses (a bag in a bag???). Not really that bad, as one has all my stuff that I need on the plane, or easy access to, like ID and my Kindle, it is my daily cross body purse. The other one is my evening bag and I pack all my jewelry into that, learned the hard way not to pack jewelry into the carry on, only my tote or purse (carry on gate checked by surprise a couple times). The tote also has my 3-1-1 bag and all my travel docs, plus other things I may need enroute.

The 4th bag is a beach bag, it's fabric and folds down to the size of a T shirt, no structure to it. That's in my checked bag.

Hi, I would have to count but I don't think I even own 10 handbags.

I am not a "Handbag Gal". I should say I may own 10 but use only

a couple on regular basis.

On a cruise? I have a crossbody I use for off the ship during the day.

It is a nylon, light blue with various pockets and is lightweight.

Casual evenings? I have a choice of 2 I normally choose from....they are

both crossbody style...both in black. One is Dooney, the other is

Brighton, just depends on which I feel like bringing. And on formal

nights I use a black dressy clutch.

Oh, I normally leave the purse I use on a regular basis at home and

I use a Lesportsac for flying...it is a crossbody too......very light

weight, mid size, holds what I need.

So I bring maybe 4 total.

I have a large travel (tote) handbag, a Pacsafe cross body for port excursions, a small 'deck' crossbody that holds my cruisecard, a pen, small notebook, lip balm, ipod and earphones, tissues and comb and two evening bags - formal and casual. So, not including the travel bag (which always stays in the cabin once onboard) I take 4.

I bring a small cross body purse for airport/port city through embarkation. I also bring a beach bag for ports/sea days. And probably 3-4 evening bags or wristlets depending on outfits. On embarkation day, I'll put my purse in the safe and put my phone and s&s card in a wristlet and just carry that and my camera case around the ship until dinner.

I bring one big beach tote as my carry-on. I don't really think of it as a handbag, though it seems that others do. I always bring something big enough for a couple towels and plain enough (i.e., not pink and sparkly) so that my husband'll take a turn carrying it.

Then I have a small handbag that I could carry ashore if we were doing a no-water excursion. Or I could carry it around the ship, but I never actually do. When I board, this is inside the big tote.

And I have a tiny clutch just big enough to carry for dinner. After all, I'm always with my husband, and he carries my ID. Since I won't want this 'til dinner, this is in my suitcase.

I have my lug bags, I will take 3, and one fancy evening bag. I collect purses, mostly Coach but on a cruise I find that the lug bags for swim-wear, going on shore are safer for my stuff than a bag that is easy to swipe...lol. When I go to Vegas though, whole different story...lots of bags!!

I don't count the tote I take on the plane with my iPad, documents, kindle, jacket, etc as a purse because it goes into my empty luggage until we are packing to go home.

Other than that:

One medium sized crossbody for shore excursions, which changes according to mood, each trip. My current favorite, that will probably go with me this summer, is a green light canvas bag.

One tiny crossbody for in the ship, which I only use when I want to carry my small camera. This also goes into my airplane tote to keep my wallet, phone, and lip balm corralled.

One evening clutch which is chosen for 1. size (has to fit my small camera), and 2. color (matches or coordinates with my one pair of dressy shoes). I tend to wear silver shoes so my bag is silvery/gray.

So, three.

In fairness, I'm not a purse changer - I use the same day to day purse until it falls apart and then go through the agony of searching for the next perfect bag.

I'm not a purse person. I buy one, carry it until it "dies", buy another, then repeat. I've never carried a purse on board. I have a drawstring backpack I carry during the day for my towel, books, etc. and I usually use my DH's pockets if I need anything carried at night.

After reading everyone's responses, I obviously have an over packing addiction/problem. You don't even want to know how many pairs of shoes, earrings, necklaces, or bracelets I brought with me. :eek:

Lisa

Lol. I'm right there with you. I take at least 10, too, just depends. Among them are bags for boarding, around the ship bags for day (crossbody, wristlet or tote depending on what I'm doing or wearing), evening bags (clutches) and tote/beach bags for port days to match what I'm wearing/doing. I try to coordinate my clothes for the week in 1-2 colors so that I can minimize the bags and hats that I have to take. Same thing with the shoes and jewelry.

Some of those bags are small like the wristlets and the clutches pack flat and pretty much so do the totes so they really aren't taking up much space.

Edited by nodogkisses

that during a 9 night cruise a couple of years ago, I discovered that I had packed 13 handbags. I know- 13- it beggars belief, doesn't it? I put it down to packing too late and too quickly, hence there was an element of dithering involved.

I did, however, use them all during the cruise albeit that on the last evening, I had to go and change bags between courses to get the last one in. Such fun! Last year I restricted myself to a much more sensible ( but more boring) 6.

Rp

In the past I've taken a laptop bag as my carry on with a small packsafe cross body purse inside that I also use on shore. I also take a tiny black camera bag that I use most evenings and around the ship.

Last cruise I took a larger packsafe cross body purse as my carry on and port bag, because DH packed the laptop in a suitcase carry on for once.

A fabric shopping style bag to put our towels and a change of clothes in for snorkeling. Packs smaller than our backpack and holds more.

Also took a small LL Bean style open top tote bag to keep together my e-reader, camera, Funtimes schedule and my refillable water bottle. I started making fresh ice teas to drink all day that cruise.

Some cruises I take an evening bag, some I don't and sometimes I buy one on board.

I usually pack a bag or 3 a day. My carry on does not go into the count because it usually ends up in the suitcase. But I do pack: a tote bag (usually a cosmetic freebie--if it gets destroyed no loss) to haul things from my cabin to and from deck; a small Dooney cross body to use in port; a larger day pack for more active port days that require me to haul gear; and 2 or so wrestlers for evening.

Granted the next cruise is a 14 land-sea Alaska. So all bets are off.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk 2