Premium Package Limit, Drink Prices & Upgrade

jelayne

We just boarded the Eclipse in Dublin. We have the Premium package but stopped to talk with some selling the package. Here’s what is happening- from checking just a few bars looks like drink prices have not increased- Martini Bar price is still $12 for most martinis, checked a few wines we normally drink and they were previously $11-13 and they have not changed.

The upgrade price is $14+ 18%

Have asked 3 different bartenders and all have said the Premium package limit is $15.

Hope this help clear up some of the questions.

We just boarded the Eclipse in Dublin. We have the Premium package but stopped to talk with some selling the package. Here’s what is happening- from checking just a few bars looks like drink prices have not increased- Martini Bar price is still $12 for most martinis, checked a few wines we normally drink and they were previously $11-13 and they have not changed.

Have asked 3 different bartenders and all have said the Premium package limit is $15.

j - Thank you for the update and have a great sailing!

bon voyage

Great news. Thank you for the update and enjoy your cruise.

Last stop tonight was the World Class Bar and that drink menu is also unchanged the most expensive drinks are still $15 and now covered by the Premium Beverage Package.

Unless someone has a question I’m just going to enjoy the new covered options & the cruise:D

Last stop tonight was the World Class Bar and that drink menu is also unchanged the most expensive drinks are still $15 and now covered by the Premium Beverage Package.

Unless someone has a question I’m just going to enjoy the new covered options & the cruise:D

Just wondering if you can check the cost of a shot of Bailey's and a shot of Cointreau. Both were at one time on the Classic package...the Bailey's went onto Premium a year or so ago and now I notice that the Cointreau has very recently also migrated to Premium. Can't imagine paying over $9US for a shot of either but am curious to know how much extra I'll have to pay if I don't upgrade my package. I enjoy a Cointreau straight up so no mix involved.

TIA!! Enjoy your cruise...we'll be there in January!!

Checked and the price of both Bailey’s and Cointreau is $10+gratutity; so upcharge of $1.80.

Thank you so much for taking the time to check this! Def no need for us to upgrade then...we'll just pay the upcharge!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Thanks for the update.

I usually upgrade because I like martinis in the evening. But with the price increase, it might just be cheaper to pay the difference each time I order one.

Laura

You just never know -- they may not charge you the difference, especially if you take care of your favorite bartender,

if you know what I mean. ;)

You just never know -- they may not charge you the difference, especially if you take care of your favorite bartender,

if you know what I mean. ;)

I take care of them very well. By the second day they are calling out my name and saying hi when I walk by. They go get chairs for me to sit at the bar and make people move over so I have room. I bring a list of ingredients for a special martini and they make. So I guess I treat them well and I try to be friendly and they treat me well right back.

Laura

I take care of them very well. By the second day they are calling out my name and saying hi when I walk by. They go get chairs for me to sit at the bar and make people move over so I have room. I bring a list of ingredients for a special martini and they make. So I guess I treat them well and I try to be friendly and they treat me well right back.

Laura

Then you probably shouldn't have to worry about paying any difference. :D

Then you probably shouldn't have to worry about paying any difference. :D

Which could cost them their job if caught!! Just pay the upgrade cost or difference if you want more expensive drinks. Is it really worth it to cheat the system?

Which could cost them their job if caught!! Just pay the upgrade cost or difference if you want more expensive drinks. Is it really worth it to cheat the system?

Cost them their job??? Get real. They know when to comp and when not to comp. Tippers get comp'ed in most cases. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. :rolleyes: Welcome to the real world. ;)

I've been on cruises where they don't even ask you for your card once they know you.

Cost them their job??? Get real. They know when to comp and when not to comp. Tippers get comp'ed in most cases. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. :rolleyes: Welcome to the real world. ;)

I've been on cruises where they don't even ask you for your card once they know you.

Well said by someone who has most likely never owned a business or had employees. What you advocate is to cheat the cruise line by having the bar tender give away expensive drinks in order to line his/her own pocket. That may be the way you live but not the way a honest person does. When you go to a restaurant would you expect a waiter to bring you a steak and charge for a hamburger so they could get a bigger tip?

What you advocate is to cheat the cruise line by having the bar tender give away expensive drinks in order to line his/her own pocket. That may be the way you live but not the way a honest person does.

This argument assumes that management is strict about following every rule and charging for every drop. It’s possible that’s the case, but it’s a big assumption to make. Plenty of businesses allow or even encourage employees to use some discretion to make customers happy. My experience with Celebrity suggests that at least some of their employees do have some authority to make customer-service decisions.

I consider myself an honest person, and I don’t expect to get something I didn’t pay for or am not entitled to, whether I tip or not. But if staff offer me something extra without charge, I assume they’re doing so because they’re allowed to, and I don’t think accepting the offer makes me an unscrupulous cheat.

This argument assumes that management is strict about following every rule and charging for every drop. It’s possible that’s the case, but it’s a big assumption to make.

This is also a big assumption and make no sense. If management wanted this to happen then they would not promote a premium drink package. Why not just pay the upgrade price and go with the program rather than try to cheat the system? This really isn't much different that trying to get a second drink for someone else without having to spend the money for a second package.

Wonder if there is a different price limit on the different ships, rccl has 12 dollar on some ships and 13 on others

Celebrity pricing across the ships is consistent with the exception of when a ship is sailing in Australia or out of the UK. In those places the published prices must include the 18% gratutity. So the price limit on the drink package is increased accordingly.

Celebrity pricing across the ships is consistent with the exception of when a ship is sailing in Australia or out of the UK. In those places the published prices must include the 18% gratutity. So the price limit on the drink package is increased accordingly.

Yes. For the premium package during our AUS/NZ cruise this past February was $16.

We are on the Equinox right now. Drink limit is $15. Price per day is $69. We had premium as a perk so I’m not sure if how the upgrade would cost. Drinks look to be the same prices from months ago based on the research i was doing. The most expensive I’ve seen is $15 in the world class bar. There are beers in the gastropub that wouldn’t be covered but they are huge bottles.

• 2 weeks later...

Clarification question regarding upcharge on drinks....In the past I understood that if the drink/wine ordered was more than the beverage package covered (ie fell into the premium range) that it was not possible to just pay the upcharge...but had to pay the full price for the drink/wine priced higher. I am happy to hear I may be wrong......so can I now conclude that if my package covers up to $9 for a glass of wine and I want the $15 one....I just have to pay $6? Thanks!!