What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I leave this Friday 10/20 I have a mini suite I bid min amount $600pp for a 2 Bedroom. I just got it!!!

Yippie!!

Congratulations. You will love it. We DW and I had the 2 bedroom our last time on breakaway. DS is still mad, since it was just the 2 of us. Minimum bid for us to the 2 bedroom from Balcony was $1000 pp. We will be happy being in the haven in 3 weeks with the Courtyard penthouse.

Have a great cruise.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

Ugh....this morning all 7 H6 cabins were available for my cruise. Now there are only 3 left. I feel my Haven dreams slipping away :-(. Bumped up my bid a bit in a last ditch effort, but not going any higher. If it’s meant to be, it’ll happen. I noticed a lot of Havens missing today...wondering if they were new bookings or they started upgrading some of the higher bids? We’re approx 70 days out.

Anyone on Dawn's Oct 20th get their bid taken by NCL? When and how much. Still waiting on the Oct 27th sailing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Lrobert posted he got his yesterday and they leave this Friday on the dawn. I checked our cruise I see now only 7 available for my upgrade bid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard anything about upgrades being processed for the Dec. 23 cruise out of NO on the Pearl? I bid on a balacony and keep thinking I bid too low.

It is unlikely they would process requests this early. NCL's priority is to try to sell the balconies first until the point it is determined that they will not likely sell at full price.

So I just canceled all of my upgrade bids on my upcoming cruise so I can purchase the haven outright on the cruise I just booked on the breakaway 3/18/17

Well that's one way of getting what you want. Was it much more than your bid? When I called my TA for just paying to upgrade it was 2x what I felt it was worth. So Im leaving my bids and will know within the week. Glad im happy of were we booked, so no problem if not taken.

Well that's one way of getting what you want. Was it much more than your bid? When I called my TA for just paying to upgrade it was 2x what I felt it was worth. So Im leaving my bids and will know within the week. Glad im happy of were we booked, so no problem if not taken.

Because the cruises I take are CAS comped cruises it wasn’t really much more I kept it at a 50% discount on my bid from the actual price

Wow what cruise are you on and what cabin type did you have? The other two in my group have an ID inside and the minimum for a mini suite is only $100.
Lol. He had a mini suite and ended up with a full 2 bedroom suite. They go for 3x/4× his 600.00 pp bid. So for him it's a winner.

Has anyone heard anything about upgrades being processed for the Dec. 23 cruise out of NO on the Pearl? I bid on a balacony and keep thinking I bid too low.

I am on Oct 21 sailing of the Pearl. I have one bid in "GOOD" area. At 4 days till we sail. Still just "pending". My bid is slightly over half of just outright paying for an upgrade.

If you read their upgrade guidelines. Something along these lines. They can pick and choose regardless of bid amount.

So I just canceled all of my upgrade bids on my upcoming cruise so I can purchase the haven outright on the cruise I just booked on the breakaway 3/18/17

2018? I have to look twice as we write it 18/3/18 in UK, that’s why I type in full on here for the majority on here! So 18th March 2018. [emoji51]

2018? I have to look twice as we write it 18/3/18 in UK, that’s why I type in full on here for the majority on here! So 18th March 2018. [emoji51]

Yes it’s 2018 I have to get used to writing 2018

Edited by Mizzori

I leave this Friday 10/20 I have a mini suite I bid min amount $600pp for a 2 Bedroom. I just got it!!!

Yippie!!

WOW, we bid the min too for the Haven Spa suite on the Epic, leaving Nov 5 and we have not heard a thing LOL, well we still have hope. Actually we are taking a back to back so our first cruise is October 29 but if we get upgraded we would have to move from our stateroom.

Congrats MKing. Have a great trip.
Thanks - any cruises on your horizon booked ? Going to have 310 minutes/1GB+ ship WiFi data onboard this time so will probably just do a scaled down "Semi Live" update at sea, as there isn't much new to share/report on this milky run again ... maybe do some Q&A. Will see, any ideas or suggestions.

2018? I have to look twice as we write it 18/3/18 in UK ... So 18th March 2018. [emoji51]
Hmmm, my morning caffeine hasn't kick in yet, but what am I missing here ?? :confused:

How does one possibly cancel or withdrawn any & all upgrade bids 80 days from 18th of March, 2018 ?? - which would be around 28th of December, 2017 and it is still October ... unless there's some sort of special UK or Euro bidding/upgrade options that we aren't aware of ?? I understood that there are special booking terms & provisions via NCL Europe, etc. etc. But, whatever.

-------------------------------------------------

Footnote to our successful balcony upgrade, the silly poor bid of ours was done by late Monday, at 13 days out (completed from "processing" in less than 18 hours) - charges weren't even posted or "pending" on the credit card that we used for making the offer ... a was a long wait from the 80 days mark. Our BIL's got accepted & upgraded almost 2 weeks earlier from Inside to Balcony, they booked around 75 days & right after full payment, got their email offer to upgrade within 24 hours, LOL.

Ours is a "BD" (sleep up to 4) on Deck 9 AFT, almost by the elevators & stairs, super convenient to actions on 6-7-8 ... might be a little noisy in the evening as it's over the Waterfront by Cagney's ... but, we are typically night owls & all the outdoor smokers should be starboard on the opposite side. Cool spot, I think, to be on lookout for pier runners. The OV (IB) that sleep 2 has been released for new booking and/or to be assigned to someone upgrading from an Inside ... prices aren't really dropping either, unless it's a Sail Away - GTY.

For the typical OV, Balcony or even Mini-Suite "UA" bids - if NCL quickly took your offer and accepted it, chances are ... you make them a high bid that they simply couldn't refuse, ran with the money before you changed your mind & lower the $$. Of course, all that matters ... you are happy with moving up in the category, as there is no magical formula to it - the frenzy is for those aiming for Haven.

Thanks - any cruises on your horizon booked ? Going to have 310 minutes/1GB+ ship WiFi data onboard this time so will probably just do a scaled down "Semi Live" update at sea, as there isn't much new to share/report on this milky run again ... maybe do some Q&A. Will see, any ideas or suggestions.

Hmmm, my morning caffeine hasn't kick in yet, but what am I missing here ?? [emoji782]

How does one possibly cancel or withdrawn any & all upgrade bids 80 days from 18th of March, 2018 ?? - which would be around 28th of December, 2017 and it is still October ... unless there's some sort of special UK or Euro bidding/upgrade options that we aren't aware of ?? I understood that there are special booking terms & provisions via NCL Europe, etc. etc. But, whatever.

-------------------------------------------------

Footnote to our successful balcony upgrade, the silly poor bid of ours was done by late Monday, at 13 days out (completed from "processing" in less than 18 hours) - charges weren't even posted or "pending" on the credit card that we used for making the offer ... a was a long wait from the 80 days mark. Our BIL's got accepted & upgraded almost 2 weeks earlier from Inside to Balcony, they booked around 75 days & right after full payment, got their email offer to upgrade within 24 hours, LOL.

Ours is a "BD" (sleep up to 4) on Deck 9 AFT, almost by the elevators & stairs, super convenient to actions on 6-7-8 ... might be a little noisy in the evening as it's over the Waterfront by Cagney's ... but, we are typically night owls & all the outdoor smokers should be starboard on the opposite side. Cool spot, I think, to be on lookout for pier runners. The OV (IB) that sleep 2 has been released for new booking and/or to be assigned to someone upgrading from an Inside ... prices aren't really dropping either, unless it's a Sail Away - GTY.

For the typical OV, Balcony or even Mini-Suite "UA" bids - if NCL quickly took your offer and accepted it, chances are ... you make them a high bid that they simply couldn't refuse, ran with the money before you changed your mind & lower the $$. Of course, all that matters ... you are happy with moving up in the category, as there is no magical formula to it - the frenzy is for those aiming for Haven.

So let me try and make myself clear as I have totally messed up what I was trying to get across. I am sailing out on the dawn on October 27, 2017. I had placed several Haven advantage bids for this cruise. I have since withdrew those bids. Why because I will now use said monies to pay to be in the haven on my upcoming cruise i just booked on the breakaway March 18, 2018.

So let me try and make myself clear as I have totally messed up what I was trying to get across. I am sailing out on the dawn on October 27, 2017. I had placed several Haven advantage bids for this cruise. I have since withdrew those bids. Why because I will now use said monies to pay to be in the haven on my upcoming cruise i just booked on the breakaway March 18, 2018.

On same cruise on NCL Dawn. No Haven on Dawn. Still waiting on my bids for upgrade, was thinking would be easier for This cruise as not a popular date. Might be wrong as looks as not many balcony and mini suite still available. Can only hope a few will open with pax getting their better upgrade, lol. Will now in 7 days. Just printed out my luggage tags, hope to have to reprint.........

I thought so too as this might not be a popular cruise and upgrades would be easier but as I kept looking at the rooms disappearing I said uhm who knows. But I am happy with my mid ship mini suite.

I thought so too as this might not be a popular cruise and upgrades would be easier but as I kept looking at the rooms disappearing I said uhm who knows. But I am happy with my mid ship mini suite.

Glad were happy in OV we booked. In the beginning was thinking would be nice but now really want it,LOL. 9 days to sailing, 7 to know if we get the upgrade.

guess it depends on how cheap they will go I am in a mini suite and there are a few suites still open I think....happy with what I have but...7 days till we hear
Hope you get the upgrade, so I can get your mini suite, lol. One thing im hoping, see a lot of pax saying 1st timers have been getting the upgrades. Keeping my fingers crossed........

I just got the upgrade email to move from an inside to an ocean view or balcony. This is the first time I have been offered the opportunity to bid in three cruises on NCL. I currently put in a bid for both upgrade options but have one question. If an offer is accepted it is automatically processed, correct? I ask because I would be happy with any balcony upgrade but there are some OV rooms I probably don't want. I prefer higher floors, currently booked on 13 forward. I'm not sure I would want an OV if it is on floor 5 or right below a noisy venue. Should I remove that bid and just keep the bid for the balcony upgrade? Thanks!