lunch in Murano?

39august

The restaurants in Murano are very touristy. I would recommend going to the next island (or isola) Burano. There are several great restaurants in and around the main square that serve traditional Venetian cuisine, fish

I think 39august is talking about the Specialty restaurant Murano, not in the City of Murano.

We don't do specialty restaurants, but I somehow seem to remember that they do lunch. Not sure of the cost tho. Anyone??

Yes, Murano serves lunch but usually only 1-2 times per cruise so you'll need to inquire about which day or days. It will always be on a sea day. As I recall, cost was $25 per person. Menu is limited, no the dinner menu. Usually has 2-3 apps, 2-3 entrees and 2 desserts. We found it well worth the cost but we like Murano a lot.

Is there ever a lunch option in Murano, please? If so, cost? Any input about menu would be great also.

Murano was open for one of the sea days. The cost was $25 per person. There was an appetizer, lunch item and dessert. Live music was being played. Portions were light but of high quality. Appetizers included seared scallops, crab salad, celery root soup. Lunch items were lamb chops, lobster tail, loup de mer, and filet mignon. There were tarts and chocolate souffle for dessert.

We are fans of the Murano sea day lunch. I especially liked the string duet that played during the lunch, but on our last cruise (May 5, 2017 Equinox) the string duet was gone. Also Hubby tells me the cost was $35 a person, not $25.

As said above the menu is not the compete evening menu but still delicious and the service has always been excellent. The ambiance is very elegant.

I might add here that Tuscany sometimes has a sea day lunch too on certain cruises.

Most of the specialty restaurants will feature a lunch option on a specific sea day. They are generally 1/2 price ($25 pp). The menu is always a subset of the evening dinner menu. We love this option as we almost never like what is offered in the MDR. Our last cruise, for some reason, we found the lunch options one day to be utterly inedible. Not that they didn't sound appealing, but were prepared awfully and served ice cold.

On a cruise on the Equinox in February, the lunch option was available in Murano twice and the fee was $30 pp. I think they got enough takers ... it was busy ... so didn't have to offer it for $25 pp.

We knew we would be in port the night we went so had a wonderful lunch (very filling), although no table side preparation was available during the day. That was fine with me, though. We thought it was well worth the charge as we had an excellent meal.

Murano was open for one of the sea days. The cost was $25 per person. There was an appetizer, lunch item and dessert. Live music was being played. Portions were light but of high quality. Appetizers included seared scallops, crab salad, celery root soup. Lunch items were lamb chops, lobster tail, loup de mer, and filet mignon. There were tarts and chocolate souffle for dessert.

i was told on the May cruise on Summit, it was not cost effective to serve lunch so they discontinuted the lunch.

i was told on the May cruise on Summit, it was not cost effective to serve lunch so they discontinuted the lunch.

Murano? Murano no longer exists on the Summit since dry dock last year.

So yes, I would say they didn't serve lunch or dinner this May.

Murano? Murano no longer exists on the Summit since dry dock last year.

So yes, I would say they didn't serve lunch or dinner this May.

Muranos never existed on the Summit.

During dry dock last year it was The Normandie that was redone to become The Tuscan Grille.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Silhouette Transatlantic cruise this spring. I don't remember how often Murano served lunch during the TA - possibly three times? We went once, and enjoyed it very much. I ordered the mushroom risotto and a dessert soufflé, and they were easily the best things I ate on the cruise. It was a smaller menu than they offer for dinner, but there were still plenty of choices.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have had lunch in Murano ($25 per person) and it was absolutely fantastic. The lunches are only done on some (not all) sea days and have decent menus. There is usually some live entertainment at the luncheons such as a violinist. The first time we did this we found out from our waiter when we were having dinner in Murano. He asked us if we wanted to come to lunch on a certain day...and we jumped at the opportunity. We would do it again..in a heartbeat.

My advice is that if you are interested just stop by Murano some evening and talk to the person on the door.

Hank

I've done dinner in Murano and loved it but on the Equinox in October I did the lunch with my mom and it was disappointing. There was no music or entertainment. Our appetizers were great, but the soup was room temperature and our main courses were also just room temperature, mine was a but dried out as if it had sat a while. Since I had bargained for a good price, I didn't argue and we left. It wasn't nearly the same experience as dinner - no table side preparation, very limited menu. It was just like ordering in the restaurant without some of my favorite menu items.

When we had lunch in Murano, you needed to get there early for the live music. The food was nicely presented and delicious. The menu was limited but of a wide variety. Service was outstanding. No complaints on this end.

• 4 months later...