How do Coke drinkers manage on NCL ships?

mamasylvia

This is a serious question, honest. 6 of my family members are booked on the Norwegian Pearl next May. It sounds like a wonderful Alaska cruise, but if I had known they only serve Pepsi products and don't allow you to bring your own Coke products on board, I think I would have looked at a different line because 3 of the 6 cruisers are Coke-dependent.

I'm sure they are not the only Coke fanatics who have ever cruised on NCL. If you have experienced this, how did your Coke fanatic manage?

• Like 1

There are more serious issues to be concerned with.

Sincerely,

The Beer Drinkers

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :D

But seriously, OP - I'm a diet Coke gal. I generally have one diet Coke every day, and Jim Beam and Diet Coke has been my go-to drink for years. Have sailed on 6 NCL cruises in the last 3 years, and never once have I brought Coke products on board - even when we could. I survive(d) by a) finding a new favorite NCL drink (Jameson and diet Sierra Mist), b) getting my diet Coke fix on shore when we dock, c) drinking more coffee, and water, and d) not thinking about it once I'm on the ship. You can do it - you just have to get your Coke fix where you can.

This is a serious question, honest. 6 of my family members are booked on the Norwegian Pearl next May. It sounds like a wonderful Alaska cruise, but if I had known they only serve Pepsi products and don't allow you to bring your own Coke products on board, I think I would have looked at a different line because 3 of the 6 cruisers are Coke-dependent.

I'm sure they are not the only Coke fanatics who have ever cruised on NCL. If you have experienced this, how did your Coke fanatic manage?

You are not alone! We are going on our first cruise with ncl this December. When we booked, you could bring your own coke on board (for us it is diet coke). When we found out over this summer that the policy changed we were surprised. The new policy is strange. We are still going on the December cruise but we had booked another cruise for spring break 2017 with ncl that we cancelled and replaced with another line.

I too am Coke dependant but on previous cruises with NCL I found that I could just about put up with Pepsi. When ashore I would usually seek out the nearest establishment selling Coke and get my fix, on board I discovered I quite liked Mountain Dew and could cope with lemonade.

On our last cruise with NCL we had the UBP and I discovered that I really really liked cocktails. I had actually discovered I liked cocktails after a Martini tasting session on my very first cruise but now I could afford them. :D

hmmm...DW is avid Dr Pepper drinker..is Mr Pibb a Pepsi product found on board?

I'll be fine with the myriad of margaritas I hope to discover on the Getaway in

Feb...ESPECIALLY if I can find someone who can produce my favorite...............the jalapeno margarita !

lol and thanks in advance

I would say that they will have to drink a Pepsi product :eek: or or water or some other beverage. I can't believe this is a real topic of discussion. Are they that really dependent on having to have a Coke every day? Man that must be a bigger addiction than cigarettes! lol

Thank goodness you are outside the "cancellation penalty" window and can cancel your May trip and book on a "Coke" line!

All those sugary, fizzy drinks are very fattening and bad for your teeth. Drink water.

Do you know what Fish do in that water????? Drink liquor instead. It will kill a lot of germs. :cool: Or at least make you not care enough if you drink enough.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

You are not alone! We are going on our first cruise with ncl this December. When we booked, you could bring your own coke on board (for us it is diet coke). When we found out over this summer that the policy changed we were surprised. The new policy is strange. We are still going on the December cruise but we had booked another cruise for spring break 2017 with ncl that we cancelled and replaced with another line.

I learn a lot from these boards. I am surprised to read that there are people that are so adamant about getting their Coke that they will cancel their cruise. I guess many people are a lot more dependent than I had thought.

I used to drink a fair amount of Coke/Pepsi. I am definitely dependent on caffeine. But I switched to drinking more iced tea and water and feel healthier. To each their own, I suppose.

It is really hard to believe there are people in the world who would say "I only drink Coke and would never go anywhere they don't serve Coke".

Or "I only eat hamburgers, etc., or I only drink Bacardi Rum.

There are so many alternatives in this world, these people don't know what they are missing. Let your hair down, try a 7up or a Filet Mignon or a Margarita.

This is like saying "I like to cruise to Cozumel so I will never go on a cruise that doesn't go there".

• Like 1

It is really hard to believe there are people in the world who would say "I only drink Coke and would never go anywhere they don't serve Coke".

Or "I only eat hamburgers, etc., or I only drink Bacardi Rum.

There are so many alternatives in this world, these people don't know what they are missing. Let your hair down, try a 7up or a Filet Mignon or a Margarita.

This is like saying "I like to cruise to Cozumel so I will never go on a cruise that doesn't go there".

this