Bad Reviews - Anyone submitted a bad review that was not published?

Lex450

Further to title.

Do cruisecritic publish all reviews or are they selective?

Do they just take a long time to publish reviews?

Submitted a bad review of an owners suite on Rhapsody of the Seas. Resubmitted review after a week incase original review was ‘lost in the post’.

Two weeks have passed and the resubmitted review still not published.

Review was concise, no heresay and did not insult anyone. I just evidenced how Royal Caribbean dealt with a ship wide situation and how they dealt with it in my case.

I am aware that Royal Caribbean et al are a big advertiser and contributor to cruisecritic, so was wondering if this would influence the way they decide on which reviews they publish or am I being suspicious?

Sorry, perhaps too many questions 🙈

Further to title.

Do cruisecritic publish all reviews or are they selective?

Do they just take a long time to publish reviews?

Submitted a bad review of an owners suite on Rhapsody of the Seas. Resubmitted review after a week incase original review was ‘lost in the post’.

Two weeks have passed and the resubmitted review still not published.

Review was concise, no heresay and did not insult anyone. I just evidenced how Royal Caribbean dealt with a ship wide situation and how they dealt with it in my case.

I am aware that Royal Caribbean et al are a big advertiser and contributor to cruisecritic, so was wondering if this would influence the way they decide on which reviews they publish or am I being suspicious?

Sorry, perhaps too many questions 🙈

What was the general "ship wide situation"?

I just read a 2-star review of Allure of the Seas where the author's gripe was all about the lack of options on the in-room television. I had a good chuckle.

On a more serious note, I've seen several negative reviews on Allure here on Cruise Critic - to say they aren't posted just isn't true. But I don't have the slightest idea how long they take to be posted or what would keep them from getting posted.

As a few others have said, if there's an issue with getting it posted through their Review portion of the website, post it here on the boards.

Thanks guys for your response.

I appreciate the time you have taken in responding to this thread.

For information, I got an email from cruisecritic 30 minutes after posting thread. Apparently I needed to post more information as to the entertainment, service and onboard activities on my cruise.

Appartently my 300 word review was not enough, so I elaborated.

Hopefully review will be posted shortly.

Thanks again for your time in looking and responding to this thread.

I truly appreciate it.

Why would I want to post a "bad" review? If I have an issue on a cruise I immediately go to Guest Services and if the issue is not resolved quickly I see the Head of Guest Services. It if is a really annoying issue I go directly to Hotel Director or Food and Beverage manager or Housekeeping manager. Why would I want to stew over a situation and then return home and post about it. In 34 cruises I have never had an issue unresolved to my satisfaction and have on 3 occasions received discounts on future cruises. You might be amazed if you become pro active while on cruise instead of waiting to return home without a suitable soultion to whatever it was that made you unhappy on the cruise. I paid for certain level of service and expect to receive same.

Why would I want to post a "bad" review? If I have an issue on a cruise I immediately go to Guest Services and if the issue is not resolved quickly I see the Head of Guest Services. It if is a really annoying issue I go directly to Hotel Director or Food and Beverage manager or Housekeeping manager. Why would I want to stew over a situation and then return home and post about it. In 34 cruises I have never had an issue unresolved to my satisfaction and have on 3 occasions received discounts on future cruises. You might be amazed if you become pro active while on cruise instead of waiting to return home without a suitable soultion to whatever it was that made you unhappy on the cruise. I paid for certain level of service and expect to receive same.

I just sent Royal a letter about an issue I had. It wouldn't have done me any good to gripe onboard as it was a pre-cruise lack of customer service problem. I decided to enjoy my cruise and deal with the issue once I was at home. The OP could have something similar.

Cruise Critic do not post bad reviews. We've just come back from an NCL cruise, tried to post about our experience and they wouldn't publish it.

Just come back is the key word. This forum has over a million active users. Most people don't publish reviews in the format the forum probably wants we just do live posts. I gave up on their intended system 10 years ago when I worked on a review for an hour, hit submit and it went to an invalid page.

Just come back is the key word. This forum has over a million active users. Most people don't publish reviews in the format the forum probably wants we just do live posts. I gave up on their intended system 10 years ago when I worked on a review for an hour, hit submit and it went to an invalid page.

This.

I don't post those sort of reviews. When I do a review, I post here. Click my name, see my reviews.

Sounds like OP tried to be fair and talk about a bad trip. Can't see any issue with that.

I agree, but my review related to the way the concierge dealt with the initial situation and way the RCCL groundstaff conducted themselves after I left the ship.

Still waiting for my review to be published.

I think there is a big difference between posting a "bad" review and posting a complaint. If someone had a sub-par experience on a ship I would be interested in knowing why the cruise was unsatisfactory and reading that review. If someone had some particular issue go wrong and wants to air their complaint, I don't consider that a review and don't think it should be published in the review section of the boards.

• Administrators

So, let's sort through a few issues together here.

1. There are two separate venues for reviews.

a. You can post your review right here, yourself, on any of our forums. (it's blatantly obvious that it can be negative or positive) It's immediately live for the world to see! or:

b. You can submit your review (using the Write a Review link above) to Cruise Critic for publication to our site.

2. Yes, it may take some time to review and publish your submission. We have real humans reviewing content. We get lots of submissions. It isn't necessary to resubmit.

3. All you have to do is take a few minutes and read some of our PUBLISHED reviews and you'll clearly see that negative (or positive) has absolutely nothing to do with whether we publish reviews. It's all about content. You are writing a review of your cruise -- there are topics that should be covered and those topics are clearly and concisely explained during the submission process.

4. We have a very sophisticated system for our submission system. If your review is missing information, or you haven't met our posted guidelines (there are violations of our community guidelines), we will send the review back to you so that you can add more or edit information. We are one of the very few websites that allow members/users to add or edit their submitted content.

5. Anyone who has submitted a review for publication will receive at least two emails from us. You will know exactly the status of your submission. Actually, I should clarify: we SEND two emails. We take no responsibility if you don't get it (just kinda kidding here, but we know we send them out. Check your spam, update your email with Cruise Critic, etc.)

6. If you have a short snippet of information you'd like to share -- or you want to share about a specific issue you had on board, do it on the forums. That's the beauty of having two separate venues for community content -- if for any reason your review isn't published you are always welcome to post it on the forums (and we say so in our emails).

Actually you are welcome to do both!

7. Any questions about our review process or guidelines for publication on the site can be addressed directly to me at: community@cruisecritic.com

8. The choice is yours; if you want to review your entire cruise (after all you are on board for quite a bit of time, and there are so many aspects to a "cruise") do so by choosing to submit a review for publication via our Write a Review link (on all pages of the site, on the main nav bar). OR, simply share specific snippets of information (or even your whole entire review) right here on the forums.

• Administrators
I agree, but my review related to the way the concierge dealt with the initial situation and way the RCCL groundstaff conducted themselves after I left the ship.

Still waiting for my review to be published.

Hello Lex450: I had a few minutes, reviewed and published your review. You should have received an email earlier to that effect.

I tried to post about problems for someone using a scooter on the Oasis in October. It disappeared or was never posted

I would be interested in reading about problems using a scooter on Oasis. My husband used a scooter for the first time on Oasis in September and did not have any problems. We are going on Oasis again in February, and it would be helpful to know what potential problems he may need to be aware of.

Hope your next experience is better.

Margy

So you would not post a review that might educate less experienced readers?

I take it there is no interest in letting others know of possible issues they might wish to avoid. After all, most of us would rather pick another ship than book knowing discussions with customer service would be likely.

Very public spirited.

So you would not post a review that might educate less experienced readers?

I take it there is no interest in letting others know of possible issues they might wish to avoid. After all, most of us would rather pick another ship than book knowing discussions with customer service would be likely.

Very public spirited.

Would post a positive review and let others know exciting things we enjoyed. Have read to many reviews in past posted by fellow cruisers that in no way resembled experiences we had. At times it appeared we were not on same cruise based on what they posted. Just like restaurant reviews and hotel reviews very subjective and not necessarily informative much less accurate.

The more information the better in my opinion. Two people can have very different experiences on a cruise and both reviews be accurate and informative. And, if by the nature or tone of the review it seems the reviewer is overly critical it is easy enough to discount it.