BLISS Alaska Maiden Voyage Travelogue

Motegi

Today we decided to grab some coffees at the onboard Starbucks before the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet. You CAN use your physical Starbucks Card to purchase drinks. So I would think that you would accrue star rewards with your purchases. Unfortunately, I don’t believe that the phone app will work onboard though.

F9_B1_E61_A-954_A-4_C33-87_FC-_AE2_C33_F08_D65.jpg

ED5_B665_D-_D66_D-4409-86_AD-6_E47_FE799663.jpg

1_E785_BC2-_AD6_F-4212-_A55_F-97_ACD22936_D8.jpg

3082_E849-5_C29-4_D10-9_A14-_CB793_D89_EC23.jpg

E8_B1_D659-9284-49_D9-9_AD7-2_C5_B15_A6_A356.jpg

I havent looked thru all the posts yet, but your original post says 06/30.....we sailed on MAY 30. We were also on the ship.

LOL! Good catch. I meant 5/30. We spent the first 3 days in Seattle.

We are on the ship now. It left on 6/2

Today we decided to grab some coffees at the onboard Starbucks before the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet. You CAN use your physical Starbucks Card to purchase drinks. So I would think that you would accrue star rewards with your purchases. Unfortunately, I don’t believe that the phone app will work onboard though.

Do you know if the physical Starbucks reward card would work? I usually have a few rewards and I also keep a $ balance on it to pay for my drinks and would like to just use my gold reward card to pay. Thanks for your help - you are so kind to keep us all informed!

Do you know if the physical Starbucks reward card would work? I usually have a few rewards and I also keep a $ balance on it to pay for my drinks and would like to just use my gold reward card to pay. Thanks for your help - you are so kind to keep us all informed!

I was on the Panama Canal sailing. You can use your gold reward card to pay (as well as your NCL room card) and you will accrue 'stars' with the reward card but you cannot redeem rewards on the ship.

Yes. The physical Starbucks cards work. We have been using ours.

I “was” going to pull the trigger and get on board last minute for this voyage....man , I wish I had just done it already... looks amazing

You should have!!! Definitely put it on your list for the future!!!

INTERNET ACCESS

The internet on the Bliss is the best I’ve experienced on any cruise ship so far. It’s certainly not the cheapest but definitely the fastest. SpeedTest shows 15 Mbps down and 16.6 Mbps up which is excellent for internet at sea.

6_B4997_DB-52_A0-4_A2_F-8_F4_C-_C8_E9_CC85_BFB8.jpg

EE5198_FC-6_DDB-4_D5_C-9_ED1-8_A86_E6047_F81.jpg

4_F1_CF68_B-_CE34-47_A5-9_AAB-_B38_DDBA26_C58.jpg

If you want to save a little money on the Unlimited packages you can wait to purchase them until Day 2. The first day you will still have cellular data while in port in Seattle.

By waiting until Day 2, you’ll only be paying for 6 days instead of 7 and the prices are correspondingly lower.

However this is only good until Day 2. Afterward it appears that they don’t have the packages available anymore.

I purchased the middle package on Day 2 for $179.94 instead of the $210 it was originally listed at on Day 1.

The other thing to consider is that you should have cellular data while in port in Alaska so the WiFi packages are really only for the days and nights at sea.

Edited by Motegi

This is a wonderful travelogue. Can you confirm whether the extra bedding provided in the sofa drawers includes an extra comforter and not just thin blankets? I have found most hotels do not provide a real extra comforter and would be thrilled if one is included.

Yes. The physical Starbucks cards work. We have been using ours.

Thank you so much - after I posted that I went back and re-read your initial post and IT CLEARLY SAID THAT - my apologies for not reading correctly :o And once again - you are so kind to let us all in on your vacation!!!!

Oh no Starbucks is overcrowded, compared to the panama cruise.

Hopefully the staff can handle so much people at once. :-)

May I have a look to your key card?

Is this a special edition for this cruise or will they go with them in the future?

Thanks for the great First Week Live From and photos, the food pictures are wonderful and makes me wish my cruise was much sooner. :p

This has probably been asked but I have missed it, is the food in Starbucks free or is there a charge like a normal Starbucks? Thanks :)