Just Back From MSC Seaside: First Impressions

LauraS

I don't understand, MSC has been in the North American market for 15 years or so, yet they don't provide coffee at meals? It looks like the cabins are a notch below Divina and current Carnival offerings in Florida. MSC is such a strange company, I would have thought they would do better, with this special new build..

I don't understand, MSC has been in the North American market for 15 years or so, yet they don't provide coffee at meals? It looks like the cabins are a notch below Divina and current Carnival offerings in Florida. MSC is such a strange company, I would have thought they would do better, with this special new build..

Here in North America they serve water and coffee with their meals (only in Europe or sailings from there they do not)

Here in North America they serve water and coffee with their meals (only in Europe or sailings from there they do not)
I'm almost afraid to ask, do they offer free iced tea with dinner on US cruises? What happens if you want plain (free) tap water on a European MSC cruise?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

It does get a bit confusing. MSC does things a bit differently for sailings in the US. They pretty much match other cruise lines with drink availability.

I was concerned when I went on the Divina this past January. Read a lot of posts about water and tea and such. Not to worry.......ask for ice tea and it was there every night afterward when I got to the table. Water, coffee, same thing.

When you read posts for information, make sure you know if it is a US sailing or a European sailing

It's not Seabourn! Fix the script that posts these!!!

I spoke to Adam Coulter, the UK editor of the site, last June on Meraviglia about this very issue. He told me he'd mention it to Laura. If he did, he hasn't had much success. I used to try to draw attention to it in replies to Laura's threads, too. Seems she doesn't read them.

I spoke to Adam Coulter, the UK editor of the site, last June on Meraviglia about this very issue. He told me he'd mention it to Laura. If he did, he hasn't had much success. I used to try to draw attention to it in replies to Laura's threads, too. Seems she doesn't read them.

Seems like lots of stuff is a low priority for them, like fixing the most recent release of their Android app. I've given up emailing their board support since it seems to be a black hole. Just live with it, I guess.

I only posted about the error because I saw someone else do the same in a different thread (perhaps kba1988 based on their response to my post here).

I am on the Seaside now. Got on in Barcelona. Understanding this is a cruise work in progress, many things not going well. They closed the main buffet for dinner for the remainder of the cruise. Lots of maintenance issues, dirty hallways, poor service, etc. Quite a few angry passengers, though we are having a nice cruise, despite all the issues.

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

I am on the Seaside now. Got on in Barcelona. Understanding this is a cruise work in progress, many things not going well. They closed the main buffet for dinner for the remainder of the cruise. Lots of maintenance issues, dirty hallways, poor service, etc. Quite a few angry passengers, though we are having a nice cruise, despite all the issues.

So what's open for dinner, the MDR, specialty restaurants and smaller upstairs buffet? Is the main (deck 8) buffet open after dinner?

Did they say why they had closed the buffet?

PS Thanks for posting, good to hear from someone who's currently on the ship. Is the Internet speed good?

Thanks for posting! I'm going on the Dec 21st naming ceremony night as the plus 1 of a girlfriend who works in the liquor industry supplying to cruise ships and I'm so excited to not only see the ship but the entertainment that is lined up. Since I'll get to watch the ship leave weekly, it's an added bonus!

So what's open for dinner, the MDR, specialty restaurants and smaller upstairs buffet? Is the main (deck 8) buffet open after dinner?

Did they say why they had closed the buffet?

PS Thanks for posting, good to hear from someone who's currently on the ship. Is the Internet speed good?

Deck 8 buffet closed after 4pm till breakfast.

The Seaside offers coffee with all meals.