"Bon voyage" threads

Vict0riann

I suppose this is a silly thing to even bring up, and there are people who are going to tell me that - but I really enjoy the Bon Voyage threads. Thank you, Jacqui!:D

I have a system I follow with them - I try to wait until one slips down lower than mid-way on the page, and then I post my "Bon voyage! :)", so I can boost the thread right up to the top again. Then I remain subscribed until the Bon Voyagee (??) responds and then I unsubscribe. I like it when the person responds, and I try to do it myself, as long as I am not already travelling. That is one reason it is so nice that the "Bon voyage" appears about a week early.

Again - Great job, Jacqui.

That's because you have to "register" on the list of future sailings to get a "Bon voyage". A lot of people on the roll calls never even participate on the HAL forum, just go straight to their particular sailing's roll call. I always do send my name and sailing details to Jacqui, because I like seeing my name in print!!:D

I admitt to never providing my cruise schedule to Jacqui or closely following the BV threads butt think it great she dooes them for those who enjoy them. I rarely read them but in general always wish everyone a Bon Voyage.

I think the Bon Voyage threads are a nice touch but I’ve always wondered how/why only certain screen names are highlighted when there are others on the roll call. I’m not being snarky. I’m just curious.

I like that Jacqui respects each cruiser's right to decide for themselves whether or not they want to have a Bon Voyage. Everybody decides whether they want to announce that they are leaving, or not.

I suppose this is a silly thing to even bring up, and there are people who are going to tell me that - but I really enjoy the Bon Voyage threads. Thank you, Jacqui!:D

I have a system I follow with them - I try to wait until one slips down lower than mid-way on the page, and then I post my "Bon voyage! :)", so I can boost the thread right up to the top again. Then I remain subscribed until the Bon Voyagee (??) responds and then I unsubscribe. I like it when the person responds, and I try to do it myself, as long as I am not already travelling. That is one reason it is so nice that the "Bon voyage" appears about a week early.

oh my heavens, thank you Vict0riann. :)

I think the Bon Voyage threads are a nice touch but I’ve always wondered how/why only certain screen names are highlighted when there are others on the roll call. I’m not being snarky. I’m just curious.

I don't go on roll calls to post Bon Voyages. To be listed for a Bon Voyage thread, you just need to add you name to the Future Cruise Listing - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2572019

the thread is updated each week so the link changes weekly.

I used to go on roll calls to check to make sure no one had cancelled but after eliminating one poster who had cancelled and being chastised by them (and then they subsequently cancelled 2 weeks later) I no longer check roll calls as per Host Walt's advice.

In any case, I will NOT post anyone's name on the Bon Voyage threads unless I KNOW they want it shared in the community. Posting on a roll call and posting on the Future Cruise Listing to be included are two very different things ;) I respect confidentiality and totally understand some people's wishes. :D

Hoping that clarifies it?

I always check to see if any one I know is leaving on a cruise, good way to stay in touch. Thanks for taking the time & effort Jacqui.

Allan[/quote

I agree so much Allen!

Jacqui is very dedicated and I enjoy looking daily to see her wonderful words

To all and to see which friends might be doing a cruise!

Keep up the marvelous work my friend!

Denise:)

I certainly enjoy the Bon Voyage threads to see who's going where. I appreciate all the work Jacqui puts into keeping the updated list of cruisers, then making sure there's a thread for all of them so we can wish them well. Thanks a bunch Jacqui!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Jacqui has been doing this and the Future Cruise Listing for four years now. I have a feeling that there are not many Cruise line threads on CC with such dedicated posters as we have on the HAL forum. Kazu and luvtwotravel, and our "Sailaway" leaders all do a wonderful job for our little community

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy reading the Bon Voyage threads especially to see who is going where (and often wish I was going with them). I don't understand why so few people sign up (although Jacqui is likely not too upset about this:D;):D). We have over three hundred people on our roll call and only three are on the Future Cruisers List.

Yes, thank you, Jacqui, for all the work you do for Future Cruise List and Bon Voyages!

I had my name added to the Future Cruise List about a year ago. I used to scroll down quite a bit to find my name. By habit, I still scroll way down, then remember that my name is closer to the top now and have to scroll back up :)

And I'll be finally getting my von voyage soon! Can't wait!

Totally agree!

Jacqui has been doing this and the Future Cruise Listing for four years now. I have a feeling that there are not many Cruise line threads on CC with such dedicated posters as we have on the HAL forum. Kazu and luvtwotravel, and our "Sailaway" leaders all do a wonderful job for our little community

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are very kind Ann. <3

We have had a number of dedicated CC members on this board. Along with those you listed, One other that comes to mind is CJCruzer who takes care of the charters, drydock thread which is very useful to many.

The Bon Voyage/Future Cruise Listing threads have been a long standing tradition on the HAL boards.

English_in_Spain preceded me and of course let's not forget the many years that Gmapjama (Donna) put into the Bon Voyage and Future Cruise listing threads.

And the help when I have the audacity to go cruising ;)- my back up, rafinmd and those who have been kind enough to fill in when rafinmd's cruises and mine conflicted: Krazy Kruizers (Bon Voyage) & RuthC (Future Cruise Listing) and Gmapjma (who came out of retirement to assist and did both).

And of course, LAFFNVEGAS did the fleet locations prior to luvtwotravel.

I fear I may have left someone out :( but, we are truly a lucky board to have and have had so many helpful CC members :)