MDR Lobster nights?

mnlovesdisney

Good to know. We are just finalizing our specialty restaurant selections and nights so were curious about MDR menus and nights we might want to eat in them. We got all specialty dining setup now. Four days still we sail. Yay!!! :D:cool::tropical-drink::ship:

Good to know. We are just finalizing our specialty restaurant selections and nights so were curious about MDR menus and nights we might want to eat in them. We got all specialty dining setup now. Four days still we sail. Yay!!! :D:cool::tropical-drink::ship:

Have a fantastic cruise..

I like lobster but I think it is a little over rated...especially the small tails that are served by Carnival (and I assume used to be served by NCL). I definitely wouldn't make a cruising decision around it.

Yes, NCL also used small warm water lobster tails. I love cold water lobster but never cared for what was on the ships.

Yes, NCL also used small warm water lobster tails. I love cold water lobster but never cared for what was on the ships.

Warm water lobster tails can be very good, even though they are a different species than cold water lobster. When I lived in Miami Beach, I had friends and neighbors who avidly caught them (during the short legal season). Grilled fresh outdoors with frequent buttering, the tails were very tasty. The frozen, rubbery tails baked aboard ship, not so much.

Warm water lobster tails can be very good, even though they are a different species than cold water lobster. When I lived in Miami Beach, I had friends and neighbors who avidly caught them (during the short legal season). Grilled fresh outdoors with frequent buttering, the tails were very tasty. The frozen, rubbery tails baked aboard ship, not so much.

I'm sure the freezing & reheating process aboard ship had a lot to do with the lackluster taste. Some things just don't translate well at sea.

Have a wonderful cruise!!! Just a few more days.

NCL uses a set of 14 MDR menus that rotate. There is no real way of telling what will be offered the MDR in advance.

Do they have somewhere to check the menu before we go into the MDR? That will help decide weather to go buffet or a specialty rest. This is my first cruise on NCL. I never thought to ask about lobsters so glad to read this question.

There is a freestyle dining display next to Guest Services to make reservations with all the menus. They also have people near the restaurants in the morning and signage to what the nights special theme is at the buffet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a freestyle dining display next to Guest Services to make reservations with all the menus. They also have people near the restaurants in the morning and signage to what the nights special theme is at the buffet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks cefm. I was wondering how we could find out that info.

Until someone reported otherwise, the daily lunch menu in the MDR is the same, each & every day - not even a daily chef specials. What you see on Day 1, Day 2 is what you will get for the rest of the cruise - no rotation.

For variety, we toss up the MDR, O'Sheehan's and OMB, the buffet for lunch - tip: the starter items on the MDR lunch menu was pretty good last year. Keep in mind, food opinions are highly personal & subjective.

Usually by the end of breakfast service, the MDR would've posted that evening's Dinner Menu outside - in the glass display case, at the entrance into the dining & host/ess kiosk/station. It was definitely changed by lunch time so that you can do Plan X as wished. Keep in mind that there are several daily items, a fish, a pasta, a chicken & beef entree ... some tagged as GF - and, those don't rotate or change either.

Ah, yes - Carnival's lobster tails ... nope, not as a complimentary, non up-charged item these days.

Check the next day's Freestyle Dailies, distributed by each early evening & placed in all staterooms as the RS do their round of turndown services ... it will list whether a themed special is being offered in the buffet or O'Sheehan, etc.