Anyone regretted getting Cheers??

Not me!

We don't drink much but still made out on the deal. We only averaged 6 drinks a day.

My husband is a penny pincher and on our last cruise when Cheers wasn't available, he passed on getting drinks a lot because he wanted to keep the bill down.

We had a lot more fun on the cruise with Cheers! And only spent an extra $100 comparing drink tab to cost of cheers.

I did. My wife is not much of a drinker, but we gave it a shot on Dream in January because they added all the other non-alcoholic drinks. I added up the total drinks for the cruise and it worked out to about $11 per drink. We only had a few drinks in the steakhouse that were priced higher than that and many beers, coffees and sodas that were much cheaper. So, for us, it was not a good deal even with the additions.

I regretted it once. But only because I got sick 2 hours after we boarded (I had already had 2 of the funship specials)! I caught some type of bug and didn't feel like drinking for 2 days of a 3 day cruise. Otherwise, we always get Cheers and love it. It's not hard to drink 6 alcoholic drinks and a couple sodas and bottled waters. Plus we love knowing that we have already spent the money and don't worry about the bill at the end.

We got it on our first cruise and we found it wasn't really worth it to us. We realized we will go big 1 or 2 days, but the rest of the cruise we didn't really feel like drinking. We found ourselves ordering drinks and trying to drink them just because we wanted to get our moneys worth.

For our 2nd cruise coming up (in 15 days!!!!) we are going to do cruise the vineyards and have a bottle of vodka delivered to our room. We still plan on partaking in a fruity drink here and there, so I guess we will see how it goes without it this time.

I think Cheers would be totally worth it on the shorter cruises, like 3 days. I would for sure get it on those.

My body did when I woke up on the last sea day...to break even the night before I had 6-7 Alchemy drinks from 6-11 pm...

Seriously though, we learned that Cheers is not going to be cost effective for us on a 7 day cruise. It was nice to try the 3 days out of NYC, but that was enough.

My husband and I regretted it on our Paradise cruise last summer. We felt like we had to drink a lot to get our money's worth and ended up drinking tons of empty calories. On board, we drink about 4-5 drinks so it wasn't too bad on sea days, but it was wasted on port days. We just aren't big drinkers and neither one of us needs the extra calories! I have chocolate lava cake to eat! LOL!

I'm doing on the 21st!! I remember our first cruise and the gigantic shock of how much our bill was from the drinks! My cousin recently did his first two cruises. He did Cheers on the first and said it wasn't worth it so he didn't do it on the second. Somehow he only spent $100 on board!! I have bought Cheers for hubby and me and paid all our excursions and tips too. Now I just wait (impatiently!!!) for the 21st!!!!

I didn't regret it, so much as I don't know if I enjoyed it enough to purchase it again. I felt like I was constantly trying to figure out if I was coming out ahead. I don't think we saved enough to justify purchasing it again, especially on port intensive cruises.

I see tons of posts for why Cheers is worth it but have any of you regretted getting it?

I only got it once, my last cruise which was in September 2016. I think I did better than broke even, maybe, but I was glad that I got it then, because, it meant that my bar bill was prepaid, regardless of whether I made good on it, or not, but still, I think I broke even, or maybe better.

In future I will probably not get it, just because of my health situation, and due to medications that dont mix with alcohol, just my situation, but back 10 years or so ago, I would certainly have done well by purchasing Cheers with my cruise.

We thought about it but spending almost $700 on it seems extensive. I'd probably opt for it on a short cruise, but a 7 day - pass. We will probably drink a lot on embarkation day and the last 2 sea days (and a lot more in port off the ship) but not enough to warrant $700.

Now, I'll be upset if our bill is close to that, though. Haha.

I had it on an eight day cruise and definitely did not get my money's worth. It was before they included the bottled water and the coffee bar. Like others on here have said, the first couple of days I made sure to drink enough to get my money's worth, but by about day four, I'd had enough and really just forced myself to drink at east a couple of drinks each day. Now I am going on a five day cruise tomorrow and I did get it for this one, as it's the shorter cruise duration. I think between the specialty coffees, bottled water and cocktails, I will find that Cheers is worth it this time.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Plus, now I get ultra premium liquor in all my mixed drinks instead of the regular brands.

OK, so we'll get some mixed drinks, what are the "premium" liquor brands we should ask for? (although we like to drink, I'm pretty brand-illiterate and would like to try the "good stuff".) ;p

Also, can you request the premium for frozen drinks, also?