False advertising????

Went on RCI site shopping for a cruise next spring. Found one that looked good; price,itinerary,dates, etc. Price listed started at 548pp interior. Go to book, price shown 595pp interior. What gives???? Price didn't change a penny whether I used C&A, military, or any other "special" rate or not. Thoughts?

Went on RCI site shopping for a cruise next spring. Found one that looked good; price,itinerary,dates, etc. Price listed started at 548pp interior. Go to book, price shown 595pp interior. What gives???? Price didn't change a penny whether I used C&A, military, or any other "special" rate or not. Thoughts?

How many people did you put in for the booking?

This happens to me all the time on their poor excuse for a website. And it's not just them advertising a lower than real price because I see a higher price when mocking booking just as often as I end up seeing a lower price when doing a mock booking. Their sort by price also rarely works for me. Just another example of their website being terrible.

Some other web sites have the same issue - the front/main selection page is not updated with real time pricing. You don't get the real price until further into the booking. You can have pricing go the other way too - first page shows a higher price than the real one.

Not just forums, ships as well.:confused:

Not just ships, but NFL team forums. They’re hard to get through for all the haters. Why would you spend time on something you dislike so much?

Odd people in this world.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is also possible that whatever the lowest category interior is on this ship, has now sold out, so that cabin price is no longer available.

The lower price might only be available on a different sailing.

Both of these apply.

They show the lowest possible price on all sailings. If that price isn't the week you're looking for, or if that price category is sold out, that won't be the lowest option available when you start to price a booking.

If you ONLY want to go in the lowest possible price and have the ability to travel at any time of the year, do a booking inquiry for all available departure months and pick the lowest price. Some online TA sites will show you all possible available prices for all bookings.

Both of these apply.

They show the lowest possible price on all sailings. If that price isn't the week you're looking for, or if that price category is sold out, that won't be the lowest option available when you start to price a booking.

If you ONLY want to go in the lowest possible price and have the ability to travel at any time of the year, do a booking inquiry for all available departure months and pick the lowest price. Some online TA sites will show you all possible available prices for all bookings.

The lowest price might also be a "guarantee." More than once I've seen what I thought was a great price only to find out it was a guarantee and it would cost a couple hundred more to choose the cabin. Not false advertising, just frustrating.

OMG my thoughts exactly including his anarky American references under Coco Cay thread.

Agree. Been on this site for over 20 yrs when it was AOL's Cruise Critic. There is always one guy on here, disappears then reappears, and you swear even though different screen name it's the same guy with same opinions and attitudes...