A good way to annoy people

Maya1234

After telling me that I could make reservations for shows on April 1, I found that I still could not. Ok.

Then today I got a “Meet your Ship” e mail which clearly and explicitly states that “And remember, you can select your dinner times and show times on My NCL right now.” But nope. All shows say “not available to book”. While I can book dinner I really would like to know show dates and times because otherwise I’m just going to have to make changes.

Why send off that email? What is the point of allowing that wording? It tells me NCL isn’t paying attention and that just annoys me.

After telling me that I could make reservations for shows on April 1, I found that I still could not. Ok. Then today I got a “Meet your Ship” e mail which clearly and explicitly states that “And remember, you can select your dinner times and show times on My NCL right now.” But nope. All shows say “not available to book”. While I can book dinner I really would like to know show dates and times because otherwise I’m just going to have to make changes.

Why send off that email? What is the point of allowing that wording? It tells me NCL isn’t paying attention and that just annoys me.

Here's your challenge. You are depending on the on-line booking system. Everyone else on your cruise picked up their phones on April 1st and have now taken all of the prime show and dining times. Booking is open, just not the way you want to do it. Adapt and get your reservations made. This is exactly what happened to us on an upcoming cruise. Had to pick up a phone (gasp) to make reservations.

I got the same EMAIL. I sail in 69 days and still can't book shows. I called today and she said not until we board which isn't true because some people have booked after they asked for a supervisor on the phone. I'm going to call again tomorrow

After telling me that I could make reservations for shows on April 1, I found that I still could not. Ok.

Then today I got a “Meet your Ship” e mail which clearly and explicitly states that “And remember, you can select your dinner times and show times on My NCL right now.” But nope. All shows say “not available to book”. While I can book dinner I really would like to know show dates and times because otherwise I’m just going to have to make changes.

What ship are you trying to make reservations?? If it is The Bliss--being brand new, they are still having problems with the reservation system.

Yes. It's the Bliss. No you cannot make by phone. I can totally understand there being glitches in a new system. I cannot understand allowing that e mail to go out which is tied to the Bliss and not making it accurate. It would have been simple ennough to change the wording to " You can make reservations for shows soon" Or whatever.

But why tell people they can make reservations for shows, when in fact they can't? This just seems like NCL is too lazy to work on their materials being accurate.

well the Bliss just made changes to May 10 itinerary so if you booked shore excursions check into that as well.

Another thread says you have to call for shows for May 10th.

Me thinks their phones lines are gonna wear out with all the traffice

Just because others got there first and booked the dates/times you would have wanted does not mean anyone did anything to make you choose to be annoyed. :)

I think he is annoyed at NCL because they said he could book but did not expressly stated he had to book on the phone.

There are preferred methods of communication or combination of preferred methods of communications.

Some times it’s hard to tell because it’s silent.

When emails are sent, it’s easy to think electronic methods are the pathway to chose to communicate.

Pick up the phone and it’s easy for someone to say hey call me at this number about.

Some things about bookings are actual races about who gets there first. That’s the cruise game for cabins and shows and promotions and perks and other things.

It can be hard to navigate and keep up when the meaningful clues are missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's your challenge. You are depending on the on-line booking system. Everyone else on your cruise picked up their phones on April 1st and have now taken all of the prime show and dining times. Booking is open, just not the way you want to do it. Adapt and get your reservations made. This is exactly what happened to us on an upcoming cruise. Had to pick up a phone (gasp) to make reservations.

I think you are incorrect because what I hear is that one still cannot make show reservations for the Bliss (even over the phone). And even if that were true, it’s 2018, I shouldn’t have to call to make a reservation. If a company can’t get a simple online reservation system working while they could make reservations over the phone, that tells me something about the company.

Annoying ?....how about picking two shows, making reservations, paying for them, and work your itinerary around them, then get an email weeks later that the time slots chosen have been cancelled. I just picked and paid for another show, got my reservation and confirmation....let's see what happens:mad:

I think you are incorrect because what I hear is that one still cannot make show reservations for the Bliss (even over the phone). And even if that were true, it’s 2018, I shouldn’t have to call to make a reservation. If a company can’t get a simple online reservation system working while they could make reservations over the phone, that tells me something about the company.

You are right Moby. And BirdTravels, how about the fact that the email specifically says to make the reservation online! I’m sure if I complained that I had called and couldn’t get a reservation people here would be chiding me that I had failed to follow NCL’s explicit directions to reserve online!

Of course neither method will work as I tried both!

I believe you can make your reservations at 60 days out

The why send an email at about 70 days out that tells me clearly and explicitly that I can make my reservation “ RIGHT NOW” at My NCL.com???

And Manical Cruiser. The issue is that you cannot make reservations by telephone either!!!

Edited by Maya1234

I think that maybe you all need a freestyle cruising experience offered by some other lines where no reservations are needed months out for dining or other entertainment.

One can decide on the ship if they wish to dine in a specialty restaurant and then make reservations. Shows are available for all on a daily basis.

It truly is a relaxing do your own thing way to cruise.

Evolution of a complaint thread:

OP: Why did NCL tell me to do X “right now” and then say that one can’t do X

NCL FAN #1: You need to do Y instead of X

OP: No NCL doesn’t let you do Y either

NCL Fan #2: You are so lazy and a stupid novice , you needed to do Y

OP: Y is not available either.

NCL Fan #3 You can do X but not now, but later

OP: Then why did NCL say I was supposed to do it now?

NCL FAN #4: obviously NCL where you have to make a reservation isn’t for you [despite the fact that the complaint is about inaccurate communication. Not the fact that a reservation needs to be made].

Just call and do it on the phone.

Have you read this thread? Or is this an ironic comment on the inability of others to actually read a thread? I so Bravo. well played.

If not, let me be clear: YOU CANNOT MAKE A RESERVATION BY PHONE EITHER.

I think that maybe you all need a freestyle cruising experience offered by some other lines where no reservations are needed months out for dining or other entertainment.

One can decide on the ship if they wish to dine in a specialty restaurant and then make reservations. Shows are available for all on a daily basis.

It truly is a relaxing do your own thing way to cruise.

The only reason you need to make reservations at specialty restaurants is because they give it away as a perk. We are a family of 7 who has never made MDR reservations, and never waited. Reservations are needed on all the mega ships for shows, not just NCL. Reservations aren’t even available for shows on the regular sized NCL ships, we always walk in right before showtime.

I believe you can make your reservations at 60 days out

I believe the OP is specifically talking about the Bliss. I am currently 53 days out and I still cannot make any entertainment reservations.

I would like to say that I just received a letter in the mail from NCL about my upcoming Bliss cruise and it mentioned nothing about being able to book entertainment. It said to go online to browse the entertainment. I do not know what the OPs email said as I never received such email but at least The letter I received did not have any incorrect information.

I would like to say that I just received a letter in the mail from NCL about my upcoming Bliss cruise and it mentioned nothing about being able to book entertainment. It said to go online to browse the entertainment. I do not know what the OPs email said as I never received such email but at least The letter I received did not have any incorrect information.

Here is the e mail verbatim:

“It's time to get to know your ship. From superb dining choices to spectacular entertainment, explore all of the dazzling experiences on board. And remember, you can select your dinner times and show times on My NCL right now...”

I'm on the Bliss on June 9th to Alaska out of Seattle. This is about 45 days out now, and I cannot reserve any on-board shows. There are a few restaurants that I can reserve, and some shows are listed, but I can't reserve any shows.

Not all that worried about it, just thought it was worth noting! I hope that this just represents them "getting the kinks out" of the system in this newest ship!

I would cancel and book with Princess. You never have to make a reservation for the shows, just show up and sit down. Specialty restaurants always seem to have some openings the day you want to book. You can make a reservation one day at a time if you have anytime dinning, or just show up (sometimes a short wait). I prefer that type of cruise where I am Free to choose the Style I want for that day, rather than being locked into a regimented time schedule like you are forced to do on NCL.