Brickell and MIA news

Host CJSKIDS

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weather/hurricane/article172495761.html

Four Ambassadors is right at the bridge to Brickell Key on the right hand side. The picture of flooded brickell is from the 1060/1080 Brickell area across from the JW Marriott.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weather/hurricane/article172513776.html

The further news coming out of Brickell this morning is not good. Looks like we had a lot of damage.

I have no idea about our building and home yet. Just got an email from a store in Mary Brickell village and they are closed until further notice due to the extensive damage they received.

I'm still sitting in the storm in Orlando.

When I hear more, I will post.

Staff went upstairs. Every single one of my sliding doors and windows are cracked. They are category 5 windows but 43 flights up. It was just too much.

Appreciate, Carolyn, these updates, details and follow-ups. Really major, sad situation. Fortunately, we do not have any upcoming cruises from Florida, but am following with interest these challenges in getting ALL of these aspects of recovery to happen. It will take time, both in Florida, plus at many of these various Caribbean island locations.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Panama Canal? Completed Feb. 28-Mar. 15, 2017, Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco adventure through the Panama Canal with our first stops in Colombia, Central America and Mexico, plus added time in the great Golden Gate City. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! Those visuals start on the second page, post #26. See more at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2465580

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weather/hurricane/article172495761.html

Four Ambassadors is right at the bridge to Brickell Key on the right hand side. The picture of flooded brickell is from the 1060/1080 Brickell area across from the JW Marriott.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weather/hurricane/article172513776.html

I am glad to see you posting. Stay safe. Was thinking about you during the storm.

My category 5 hurricane windows and sliding doors on the 43 floor.... every single window and door is cracked.

Our building staff went up. We are stuck in Orlando at the moment.

Our building has power and water. Brickell has receded. Evidently the smell is horrendous.

My category 5 hurricane windows and sliding doors on the 43 floor.... every single window and door is cracked.

Our building staff went up. We are stuck in Orlando at the moment.

Our building has power and water. Brickell has receded. Evidently the smell is horrendous.

Have been reading your posts on here for years. Thank you for all the info you always provide. So sorry that you have suffered loss.

Four Seasons. I found out by calling them. I'm sure they will be up and running by then. We are booked in FS for Sept 14-15.

Which hotel? We're booked at the Hampton Inn in February. I don't want to assume everything will be okay by then, but...

Im sure it will be up and running by then. We were booked for this Thurs.

Thank you. I just saw video of the Flooding in front of the Marriott and realized it was taken from the area of the Epic and just wondering exactly how many hotels, if any, have sustained some level of damage. Our friends tell us that they've received word that the hotel they've reserved, Marriott, has been flooded.

Have been reading your posts on here for years. Thank you for all the info you always provide. So sorry that you have suffered loss.

THank you. I will be back in Brickell tomorrow and know my building has power. I will check on everything for you.

i have friends in Icon across the way. There was storm surge at epic but it sounds like it's fine.

By the time you come, it should all be great!

Thank you. I just saw video of the Flooding in front of the Marriott and realized it was taken from the area of the Epic and just wondering exactly how many hotels, if any, have sustained some level of damage. Our friends tell us that they've received word that the hotel they've reserved, Marriott, has been flooded.

It actually was taken from the JW Marriott on Brickell not the Marriott marquis actoss from Epic. They were at the 1060/1080 area. They had a lot of storm surge down there but it was more flooded down by the JW.

It actually was taken from the JW Marriott on Brickell not the Marriott marquis actoss from Epic. They were at the 1060/1080 area. They had a lot of storm surge down there but it was more flooded down by the JW.

Thank you for the clarification.

It is good to read that! Miami is bouncing back.

Appreciate reading these details and follow-ups. Hoping for the best in Florida and especially for those in the affected areas of the Caribbean. Keep sharing such information and background.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 187,008 views for this posting.