Regal Stuck In Kristiansand & Passengers Confined to Cabins

Griller

We are on board Regal Princess in Kristiansand Norway.

We can't leave port due to an electrical problem with the ships computer system which has been down for 4 hours.

It happened when we were connected to shore power and we were the first ship to attempt to use their shore power.

Apart from anything else it is not known whether all passengers are on board as the computers maintain that record.

So Capt Stringer has sent us back to our rooms so a manual passenger count may be carried out.

Edited by Griller

We are on board Regal Princess in Kristiansand Norway.

We can't leave port due to an electrical problem with the ships computer system which has been down for 4 hours.

It happened when we were connected to shore power and we were the first ship to attempt to use their shore power.

Apart from anything else it is not known whether all passengers are on board as the computers maintain that record.

So Capt Stringer has sent us back to our rooms so a manual passenger count may be carried out.

Yikes! Hope they get it sorted out soon! :o

Please, keep us posted to the best of your ability!

I hope this all gets properly sorted quickly...

Fortunately although we were given unlimited free ship internet - which is currently off - we also have cellphone internet so can post with that.

It seems with a Medallion ship if the computer is down then everything stops working

Fortunately although we were given unlimited free ship internet - which is currently off - we also have cellphone internet so can post with that.

It seems with a Medallion ship if the computer is down then everything stops working

Our internet Baja mid-ship is working fine.

Lew, are you in a suite? I missed seeing your face in the Concierge Lounge on my last cruise!
Hi Tracie...

We're in a mini suite under the bump out this cruise. We're liking the location and the larger...actually useful...balcony.

We enjoy sailing in a full suite, and still do in the Caribbean, but we feel we don't get much more than a larger space for a lot more $$$. The full suite perks don't approach those offered by other cruise lines.

Hi Tracie...

We're in a mini suite under the bump out this cruise. We're liking the location and the larger...actually useful...balcony.

We enjoy sailing in a full suite, and still do in the Caribbean, but we feel we don't get much more than a larger space for a lot more $$$. The full suite perks don't approach those offered by other cruise lines.

Very true...

I am one to wait for the upsell- and if the price is right, then I will go for it. I have yet to book a suite at the published price.

And you are totally correct about the useless balconies on the Royal Class builds- on the Rivera Deck suites. So tiny.

I had a mini on the bump-out booked on the Regal for a Baltic’s cruise a few years ago, but did not end up going on that sailing.

I love, love, love the minis on the Royal class builds. That curtain is everything!

Enjoy your cruise!

Captain and crew did a great job under difficult circumstances Unfortunately, not everyone pays attention to the announcements

Not surprising as the announcements were only in English at first and eventually in Spanish but never in Mandarin or any other language.

And we have many nationalities on board.

I think the thread title is a little misleading. Being sent to your cabin for a passenger count is hardly being "confined" (unless you're not allowed to leave the room after they count you). ;)

If the cabin count turns up anyone unaccounted for an additional search of public areas of the ship would commence. So not possible to dismiss anyone from the count before it is completed in its entirety. Everyone stays in their cabin until the end.

I think the thread title is a little misleading. Being sent to your cabin for a passenger count is hardly being "confined" (unless you're not allowed to leave the room after they count you). ;)
I am on the ship right now and we were confined to our cabins. We were not allowed to leave until everyone was accounted for. We never lost internet but we did lose TV. It is still out.

Captain Stringer and his staff are FIRST CLASS, I hope he’s still Captain when we board in October. You’re in competent hands. Have a great cruise.

According to my pre-cruise emails, Captain Fabrizio Maresca will be onboard in mid-November. I don’t know when the changeover occurs, though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums