Aqua Class Bottled Water???

JsMom2

When I was on Equinox in February, bottled water came with the Aqua Class verandah. I don't drink tea, so that didn't interest me, but my stateroom attendant must have left me 8 bottles of water a day. I'm booked on Equinox in a few weeks in Aqua class, but now the description only mentions the flavored teas. Can someone who's sailed Aqua class within the last few weeks tell me if they still provide unlimited bottled water? TIA

When I was on Equinox in February, bottled water came with the Aqua Class verandah. I don't drink tea, so that didn't interest me, but my stateroom attendant must have left me 8 bottles of water a day. I'm booked on Equinox in a few weeks in Aqua class, but now the description only mentions the flavored teas. Can someone who's sailed Aqua class within the last few weeks tell me if they still provide unlimited bottled water? TIA

Unlimited bottled water in Aqua Class disappeared as a perk several years ago. You must have had a wonderful cabin attendant who knew that your preference was water and they chose to supply you with an ample supply. My DH drinks a lot of bottled water, and judging by the amount of empty bottles that were in our trash cans, our attendant on the Eclipse left him bottles in the room daily. He appreciated this small service as it saved him having to constantly run up out to a bar to pick up a bottle to have in the room. You are allotted two bottles on the first day, after that you are on your own. We always have them remove the large (extra cost)water bottles and the mini bar contents to make room for the water bottles he brings in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Water is cheap. I buy 24 bottle case of water at my supermarket for about $3-$4. It is often cheaper if you buy 3 or 4 cases at a time. As a large consumer, Celebrity probably pays even less. Why would they only give you one bottle of water for the entire cruise? It seems like a poor way to cutback. Each cutback may save Celebrity some money. It also sends the message that Celebrity is cheap. Why not increase the cost of Aqua class by $10 to cover the cost of the daily bottle of water.

Why not increase the cost of Aqua class by $10 to cover the cost of the daily bottle of water.

Because they can buy a bottle of water for

$.05 and sell it for $2. If people continue to book aqua class without this perk it only cuts into their profits to offer it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unlimited bottled water in Aqua Class disappeared as a perk several years ago. You must have had a wonderful cabin attendant who knew that your preference was water and they chose to supply you with an ample supply. My DH drinks a lot of bottled water, and judging by the amount of empty bottles that were in our trash cans, our attendant on the Eclipse left him bottles in the room daily. He appreciated this small service as it saved him having to constantly run up out to a bar to pick up a bottle to have in the room. You are allotted two bottles on the first day, after that you are on your own. We always have them remove the large (extra cost)water bottles and the mini bar contents to make room for the water bottles he brings in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It wasn’t several years ago, it was about a year, another one of the Presidents cost cutting moves. You should get two bottles when you arrive but make sure you take the free ones.

It wasn’t several years ago, it was about a year, another one of the Presidents cost cutting moves. You should get two bottles when you arrive but make sure you take the free ones.

I thought it was fall of 2016. We were on a B2B2B that fall with the first two legs in Aqua and the final one in a suite.

But I agree with Redtravel -- a cheap move which just annoys folks.

Still a sore subject with us. We bring on a few bottles of our fav water, use our welcome water, and then have to forage...

We do have the drinks package but having to go around to bars etc to get water throughout the day is a pain, esp because we were used to the daily water in AQ...

Modern Luxury rollback thanks to LLP.

I thought it was fall of 2016. We were on a B2B2B that fall with the first two legs in Aqua and the final one in a suite.

But I agree with Redtravel -- a cheap move which just annoys folks.

It

Could be late 16, son and I had unlimited in summer of 16 on the Summit to Bermuda.

I agree with hcat, that was a real cheap move on her part. Ironically, it was reported on here that on one of the President’s cruise people were complaining about the move. She reinstated the unlimited water for that cruise.

It boggles my mind since at our membership big box store we buy a case of 40 16.9oz bottles for about $3.00. We usually have the beverage package, so don't think about it. But on TAs where packages aren't offered as perks it is really annoying, especially since they've jacked up the prices of the class of cabins called Aqua. Since we mostly fly to our embarkation ports, taking our own aboard isn't an option.

For me much ado about nothing for those with a beverage package. Getting 2 bottles a day left us short as we go thru 3+ each a day. We have never had a problem getting 2 each at a bar. We pick up 2 each as we head to the cabin at night and get 1or 2 more at breakfast or as we head ashore.

Now if you don’t have a beverage package that’s a different story.

We were on the Eclipse T/A this past April...and I told our cabin attendant that we wouldn't need the tea but would like bottled water as needed...he was happy to provide it for us. I mainly have a bottle by my bed overnight and I think we only used 3 to 4 bottles...perhaps if we wanted/needed more it would have been a problem for him. LuAnn

It was actually in late 2015 that they cut the bottled water in Aqua class. You can get an attendant who may bend the rules but on our last cruise, I even offered him a nice incentive but he said it was company policy. 2 bottles for the cruise and he could not do anything about it.

On Celebrity Cruises, all categories of staterooms used to receive a water pitcher and ice bucket automatically.

They would be refilled twice daily when the room was serviced, or more frequently upon request.

Just walking down the corridors outside the staterooms, it was common to see carts piled with ice buckets and water pitchers.

But the ice buckets and water pitchers were eliminated in the cutbacks several years ago, along with many of the other nice little features that Celebrity used to provide.

They are still available upon request, with the result being that the passengers who know they are available and request them are the ones who still receive them.

Newcomers to Celebrity may not request them simply because they are unaware that they are available.

Those who get a beverage package may not even care.

Our cabin attendant On our last cruise always made sure we had at least two bottles of water in the cabin at all time, and would restock it if he didn’t see any bottles on the dressing table. I guess we were just lucky.