Birthday signs on cabin doors

becknal

I also vote "tacky". Maybe Regent is becoming an expensive "mainstream" cruise line. Go figure.

I been sailing on Radisson/Regent since 2001. And people were decorating their doors even back then. On the World cruises in the 2,000's there always ship sponsored decorating contests, with arts/crafts instructor on board and lots of supplies.

So if you think that this is a "becoming" thing, your many many years too late.

J

Then try the photos on post 26 of this thread for something more current.

It doesn’t matter to me. It’s seems like bullying of the poster who wishes to decorate the door. What is this HS and the clique wants to make the rules? Life is too short. My friend found out she had cancer and two months later she was gone. A week after she turned 55.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IMO, the TS wants to know if their decoration would be appropriate for Regent as they have not sailed on Regent previously. The response seems be mixed. No one is belittling the TS. I think that regardless of our personal feelings, we can agree that the majority of doors are not decorated (unless it is a world cruise sailing or it is a major holiday.)

IMO, the TS wants to know if their decoration would be appropriate for Regent as they have not sailed on Regent previously. The response seems be mixed. No one is belittling the TS. I think that regardless of our personal feelings, we can agree that the majority of doors are not decorated (unless it is a world cruise sailing or it is a major holiday.)

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got2Cruise,

If you are referring to my posts, I did not mean to bully. I was just trying to respond to someone who seemed to press the issue of wanting to make new rules for Regent.

The answer to the original poster should have just been "do what you want...Regent allows door decorating", with no other responses needed

I apologize if I offended. I got wrapped up in the thread.

I'm pretty sure the TS got belittled as soon as someone came out with the TTFW comment.

The majority of the doors aren't decorated because the majority of the people aren't celebrating a special occasion like a birthday. One day the poor guy wanted to put a sign up. Sheesh.

My wife will be celebrating her Birthday on a cruise . I would like to post a Happy Birthday sign . Do other passengers do this ?

After all the sign drama, the simple answer to this question is "yes" other passengers do this.

And if the ship knows it is your wife's birthday they will have a cake and the waiters will sing Happy Birthday when it is presented in the Compass Rose, just like our local small town Mexican food restaurant does.

after all the sign drama, the simple answer to this question is "yes" other passengers do this.

And if the ship knows it is your wife's birthday they will have a cake and the waiters will sing happy birthday when it is presented in the compass rose, just like our local small town mexican food restaurant does.

++1

You probably would have seen Christmas decorations on some suites but as I mentioned you don’t see many. Some charters or partial charters will have some for their groups and saw this on the Voyager a couple of years ago...nothing political is allowed however.

Was just reading a Regent cruise thread that was back when the recent Presidential Election was taking place and I was a little shocked to read and see that people had taken banners to put on their railings when the ship was in port.

Is this not political?

i'm pretty sure the ts got belittled as soon as someone came out with the ttfw [too tacky for words] comment.

The majority of the doors aren't decorated because the majority of the people aren't celebrating a special occasion like a birthday. one day the poor guy wanted to put a sign up. Sheesh.

++1

Was just reading a Regent cruise thread that was back when the recent Presidential Election was taking place and I was a little shocked to read and see that people had taken banners to put on their railings when the ship was in port.

Is this not political?

The Captain likely did not see the banners. Hard to believe that people could do something so distasteful. We were onboard Explorer the night of the election and did not see anything political - anywhere! Nothing was broadcast other than than in your suites.

Getting back to the topic, I truly don't care if the TS puts a sign up for the day of a birthday. My statements are my feelings in general and I was trying to let the TS know that this is not typical but is done. This thread is so frustrating that I feel like taking photos of every door on the Voyager at Easter and posting them:evilsmile:

It would be interesting if everyone put their political, social, sports, and any other views on their doors so that most doors were decorated and everyone could be equally offended! Think about the most disturbing bumper sticker than you have ever seen and imagine it on the door next to yours.

Well, I guess I upset someone. My message has been deleted. So sorry if I offended anyone. I even had smiley faces on the post. :cool::cool::cool::cool: That was not my intention. But, as I said before--live and let live. Keep on cruising.

Hi Robb

Just happened to me on another thread. It wasn't offensive so I don't know why.

Hope you and Tony are well. Let's play trivia together soon. We were all such great partners (hi to Diana and John also!)

Sheila and Herb

Last year on the second segment of the world cruise there was a trump banner hung across a whole balcony that I first noticed when we were in American Samoa. It was very visible and I’m not sure why that was allowed as we can’t hang towels, clothing, etc. on the balconies.

Any time Sheila...............on the Navigator in May..........and Azamara Journey in August. Come along. Hugs to you both.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Herb and I will be on the Navigator ( Copenhagen -Norway fiords etc ) in August, and again next March. Singapore to Dubai.

But we will keep trying to see you again.

Hugs

Sheila :*

I do hope that some of the unnecessary and OTT vitriol on this thread has not put the OP off their forthcoming Regent cruise or the birthday celebration.

Some people like to announce their partner's birthday on a public forum, some like to share it with their cruise neighbours and others prefer a private celebration. Each to their own; it is a personal decision.

If the OP wishes to place a discrete "Happy Birthday" sign on the outside of their suite door I am sure that neither their neighbours or Regent staff will object. (Magnets being the best form of attachment to avoid any damage to the decor).

becknal, Have a great cruise and I am sure that your wife will thoroughly enjoy her birthday being pampered on a Regent cruise. :)

I'm with the "clean look" crowd (actually not a crowd at all: fewer people than those speaking on the "go for it" side). I'd be real sorry to see decorations on doors. Much more serious things to worry about in the world, obviously, but I'd not like it at all. JMHO.

Absolutely agree. Keep it in your suite, please!