Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

Just saw on the Amsterdam Port website that Brilliance will be there in the summer of 2020. Any ideas what kind of itinerary this will be?

Mostly 12 night Baltic and British Isles roundtrips out of Amsterdam, I'd guess. :)

But I also see her calling in shorter frequencies of 5-7 nights. Maybe she also offers some short cruises and 7 night runs to Norway, as she has done in 2012 as well.

While checking ports around the globe I notice that a lot of them are not showing 2021 Royal Caribbean dates. December 2020 is shown for Royal but Not January 2021.

Could Royal be changing to deployment by the year like Carnival Australia instead of usual Spring Northern Hemisphere Repositionings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SpringAussie,

I have check Brisbane ports for October 2020 for Brisbane multi purpose Fisherman Island wharf and it is showing the Carnival ships loaded for the new BICT. I guess in coming weeks/months we will see the bookings for other lines.

I notice that P&O has every Saturday and Carnival every Sunday. Nothing is booked on a Friday. So if Royal or another operator were going to do weekly departures I assume they would depart on a Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hello all! Any indication yet if Royal will have a ship sailing to the Greek Isles in Summer or Fall 2020? If so, what ship? TIA!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Right now, it’s looking like:

Explorer (7 night cruises from Rome)

Rhapsody (7 night cruises from Venice)

Vision (12 night cruises from Barcelona)

Explorer from Rome would be a nice addition to a stagnant same old ships and sailings we have had here in Europe. Also if she is based in Rome, that might add fuel that she will return to Australia after her 2020 European Season!

And we have to factor in Allure when she is due her 5 year dry dock in Europe in 2020 but more than likely she will be based in Barcelona on a 7 night Western Med route.

Explorer from Rome would be a nice addition to a stagnant same old ships and sailings we have had here in Europe. Also if she is based in Rome, that might add fuel that she will return to Australia after her 2020 European Season!

And we have to factor in Allure when she is due her 5 year dry dock in Europe in 2020 but more than likely she will be based in Barcelona on a 7 night Western Med route.

You get to Florida much? Freedom was in PC 6 or 7 years with the same two itineraries. [emoji6]

And think of all the Brits that love Indy, but hated Anthem.

What ship does Rome now, other than the interporting Symphony? Will Oasis do that next year?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edited by John&LaLa

You get to Florida much? Freedom was in PC 6 or 7 years with the same two itineraries. [emoji6]

And think of all the Brits that love Indy, but hated Anthem.

What ship does Rome now, other than the interporting Symphony? Will Oasis do that next year?

Oh I know Florida have had the same old ships too so it would be great for everyone if there was a change up all around. Look how well Freedom is doing in San Juan.

As I'm Irish and not a Brit it is easier and cheaper for me to fly to Europe or even US to sail rather out of Southampton and I have yet to sail on Indy but would consider Anthem if she is back in 2020 as predicted.

2019 will have Jewel sailing out of Rome with Oasis alternating between Rome and Barcelona.

Oh I know Florida have had the same old ships too so it would be great for everyone if there was a change up all around. Look how well Freedom is doing in San Juan.

As I'm Irish and not a Brit it is easier and cheaper for me to fly to Europe or even US to sail rather out of Southampton and I have yet to sail on Indy but would consider Anthem if she is back in 2020 as predicted.

2019 will have Jewel sailing out of Rome with Oasis alternating between Rome and Barcelona.

Yep Laura did that Jewel route in fall 2016

Not a fan of the San Juan sailings, glad shes well received

Yep Laura did that Jewel route in fall 2016

Not a fan of the San Juan sailings, glad shes well received

Why not a fan of San Juan sailings? We loved our Adventure cruise out of there.

What we are NOT a fan of is JetBlue jacking up their prices to fly from Boston to San Juan.

Why not a fan of San Juan sailings? We loved our Adventure cruise out of there.

What we are NOT a fan of is JetBlue jacking up their prices to fly from Boston to San Juan.

I'd just prefer the 10/11 trips out of Ft Lauderdale

Yes, its looking like Explorer will rotate 7 night Eastern and Western Med sailings from Rome like Jewel is doing in 2019. This is based on French Riviera port schedules. Others have mentioned the Melbourne port schedule showing Explorer turnarounds and I don't see any reason why that wouldn't be accurate as of right now (obviously things can change).

Allure will almost definitely be doing the 7 night Med from Barcelona with interpreting at Rome.

Any views here on the likely response to the ban on ships over 55000 tons entering Venice port by 2021?

https://www.thelocal.it/20171108/venice-to-ban-all-large-ships-from-st-marks--to-protect-historic-buildings

I think Royal would pull out if forced to dock at Marghera. If so, would Royal increase capacity from Rome? Or home port a ship in Athens?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm hoping that they replace a Radiance class for the Vision. Vision has limited # of balconies and price per is out of this world.

I'm hoping that they replace a Radiance class for the Vision. Vision has limited # of balconies and price per is out of this world.

According to the current, most realistic plans Radiance otS herself could be the only possibility for sailing a Med route (either 7 nights from Venice or 12 nights from Barcelona) - and even having her in Europe is not very likely yet. She might be a candidate for Europe in 2020 if she gets replaced by Serenade in Alaska in 2020, and Radiance neither returns to Alaska nor sails Australia/NZ year-round.

But that's too early to clarify yet.

All the other Radiance Class ships seem to have assigned 2020 deployments now:

-Brilliance: 12 night Baltic/British Isles from Amsterdam

-Serenade: 7 night Alaska Vancouver <-> Seward

-Jewel: 7-13 night Baltics/Norwegian Fjords from Copenhagen and Stockholm