How much have you spent at the fun shops?

prestige809

I was speaking with a friend about my past cruise aboard the liberty back in the December, almost all my money went into the fun shops lol, everyone wanted Hennessy white and such so i spent around 1K just in liquor bottles [emoji849]

The bad thing lol: is that you have to wake up at 6 something in the am on the last day to make a line to claim your booze I had to carry all those boxes by myself 🤣 they don’t help lol and pay extra at the airport because I was overweight

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Somewhat hard to believe this one.

I bet you paid a pretty penny at customs if you had $1000 worth of liquor.....that's way past the 1 liter bottle allowed back in the US tax free! Unless you smuggled them in, that is.

Not to mention that you were flying with something like 25 bottles (at minimum) of liquor!!!

I was speaking with a friend about my past cruise aboard the liberty back in the December, almost all my money went into the fun shops lol, everyone wanted Hennessy white and such so i spent around 1K just in liquor bottles [emoji849]

The bad thing lol: is that you have to wake up at 6 something in the am on the last day to make a line to claim your booze I had to carry all those boxes by myself 🤣 they don’t help lol and pay extra at the airport because I was overweight

2 years ago I had to go pick up my alcohol on the last day. The last 2 sailings however they've delivered the alcohol to my stateroom the night before we disembarked. It made sense. If we leave our luggage outside our cabin the night before, we need to have our alcohol to put in it. Don't take our luggage then want us to carry the alcohol off! Glad they changed this.

Usually the only thing I buy in the fun shops is cologne. I wear Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein cologne and they always have it on sale much cheaper than I can buy online anywhere.

Somewhat hard to believe this one.

I bet you paid a pretty penny at customs if you had $1000 worth of liquor.....that's way past the 1 liter bottle allowed back in the US tax free! Unless you smuggled them in, that is.

Not to mention that you were flying with something like 25 bottles (at minimum) of liquor!!!

16 cruises, not once has customs ever checked our bags for liquor. You could bring as much as can fit in your bags.

Like others have said, they now deliver liquor on the last night.

Not last week on the Inspiration they did NOT.

Neither 2 weeks before that on the Imagination they did NOT.

I got stopped by customs and honestly I payed like 25 dollars I think, my girl stood behind and I went ahead they sent me to secondary inspections because they thought I guess I was traveling alone lol. , but yes I’m sailing on the horizon hopefully they deliver to the rooms and this time I don’t have to air travel lol

About $20 or so total across two cruises...

First cruise, $14 for a bottle of lidocaine because we got sunburned at Roatan :D

Most recent cruise, $6 or $7 for a little bottle of Advil for my wife who had a headache.

About $20 or so total across two cruises...

First cruise, $14 for a bottle of lidocaine because we got sunburned at Roatan :D

Most recent cruise, $6 or $7 for a little bottle of Advil for my wife who had a headache.

These are the lessons I've learned, and why I always bring a small first aid kit with a mix of OTC meds and first aid stuff... I had to buy some seasickness pills for a friend on a cruise years ago and they charged her $8.00 for 2 pills!!!

These are the lessons I've learned, and why I always bring a small first aid kit with a mix of OTC meds and first aid stuff... I had to buy some seasickness pills for a friend on a cruise years ago and they charged her $8.00 for 2 pills!!!

I know right... always end up packing things we never actually need, and forgetting things that we DO need! :o

I know right... always end up packing things we never actually need, and forgetting things that we DO need! :o

LOL!

I'm in inveterate overpacker... but DH tries to stump me every cruise and so far I've never forgotten anything he needs! Now for myself, that's a different story!

$40 for 4 ladies Tshirts for myself and a watch for myself, but the next day I returned the watch.....apparently it’s self winding function doesn’t last long enough for me to sleep.

I got stopped by customs and honestly I payed like 25 dollars I think, my girl stood behind and I went ahead they sent me to secondary inspections because they thought I guess I was traveling alone lol. , but yes I’m sailing on the horizon hopefully they deliver to the rooms and this time I don’t have to air travel lol

Hey if you only paid $25 on approximately that many bottles of booze, you did good!

(y)(y)(y)

So you are advising to break the law, and not declare you booze?

I’ve read they do not give you the forms anymore at least they did not at port canaveral but they did provided me a form once I went to secondary inspection I filled it up with no problems did not had to show receipts , they ain’t even had the correct change to return, they’re more interest in catching people bringing drugs tbh, and I asked someone that worked at the shops that only for certain purchases for example if you buy a Rolex or expensive jewelry or more than 150 bottles they have to report it so you can pay the taxes

I am a bit predictable and always buy the same things...a magnet and ornament ( as I do from anywhere we ever go)....a carton of ciggies for my MIL for watching my dog (neither of us smoke) and a few bottles of liquor...usually just one for each of us as my hubby is heavily tattooed and has a long beard and we always find ourselves in secondary with someone going thru our bags.....