weather question

ravluis

Hi! I am looking to book the Conquest October 21-27 cruising to Nassau, Amber Cove, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay. Would we be risking having a lot of rain cruising in October and should we consider the November dates instead for this cruise?

Hi! I am looking to book the Conquest October 21-27 cruising to Nassau, Amber Cove, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay. Would we be risking having a lot of rain cruising in October and should we consider the November dates instead for this cruise?

Rainfall can happen anytime in the Caribbean. Since you already have specific dates in mind, go ahead and book your cruise. About two or three days before you leave for your cruise, go on line and check the forecast for the ports you'll be visiting. If necessary, take some rain ponchos and/or compact umbrellas with you. Be prepared for the possibility that a port or certain excursions may be cancelled if the weather turns ugly. But who knows? You may have near perfect weather for your cruise.

For all of those posting about weather in the Caribbean, the OP's itinerary is the Bahama's and Grand Turk - none of which are in, or anywhere near, the Caribbean. :)

That being said, the weather is unpredictable and as mentioned rain can be present anytime. IMO I would keep the October booking as the overall temperatures will likely be warmer than November given those island's locations.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I understand rain can come at any point. I was more so wondering if it rains more in October seeing how that’s prime hurricane season. But thank you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hurricane season - which runs from June through November - is just the time of year when conditions are most favorable for hurricanes to develop, not a guarantee that they will. This past year was exceptional for storms, but in the 25+ years we have been cruising, we have never had a hurricane or sever storm interrupt any of our itineraries booked in those months. IMO that would not be a reason this far in advance to affect a booking choice if that was the time I wanted to cruise.

Enjoy your cruise - whenever you decide to book it. :)

Hurricane season - which runs from June through November - is just the time of year when conditions are most favorable for hurricanes to develop, not a guarantee that they will. This past year was exceptional for storms, but in the 25+ years we have been cruising, we have never had a hurricane or sever storm interrupt any of our itineraries booked in those months. IMO that would not be a reason this far in advance to affect a booking choice if that was the time I wanted to cruise.

Enjoy your cruise - whenever you decide to book it. :)

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For all of those posting about weather in the Caribbean, the OP's itinerary is the Bahama's and Grand Turk - none of which are in, or anywhere near, the Caribbean. :)

That being said, the weather is unpredictable and as mentioned rain can be present anytime. IMO I would keep the October booking as the overall temperatures will likely be warmer than November given those island's locations.

It's all up to Mother Nature. There is no predicting in the Caribbean.

Again - as per my prior post - the OP is not cruising in the Caribbean. They are cruising to the Bahama's and Grand Turk. Nowhere near each other.

But yet again, how would this apply to the OP who is not cruising to the Caribbean, but to the Bahamas and Grand Turk?

Let me rephrase the answer - It is not unusual to have rain every day in around and over any and all the islands that the OP will be visiting, but those are showers that come and go in a few minutes.

Let me rephrase the answer - It is not unusual to have rain every day in around and over any and all the islands that the OP will be visiting, but those are showers that come and go in a few minutes.

I know and you are correct - and I didn't mean to sound critical. I just thought it interesting that a lot of posters were referring to the Caribbean when the OP was heading to the Bahamas and didn't seem to pick up on that. :)

The ONLY thing that you know at this point is that October is a bit closer to peak hurricane season. But I wouldn't let that impact my decision. Do what works for you.

Hurricane season is typically June through November. So, not so much peak season ... is more towards the end of hurricane season. Usually August/September are peak months. But anything can happen.

It's not a bad question, it's just, who knows. I took my wife and kids on an August cruise and we were right on the edge of a tropical storm. I'm talking the storm line was right over the port. But, it turned out to be one of the best weather trips we ever had. The storm went North and we went South.