How many to a stateroom

wrg11

Good evening,

My dh and I thought it would be nice to take our girls on a cruise to the Bahamas during Spring Break. Can the 4 of us (2 adults, 11 and 13 years old) stay in an interior cabin? If not, what's the least expensive cabin we can get? Thanks in advance.

Good evening,

My dh and I thought it would be nice to take our girls on a cruise to the Bahamas during Spring Break. Can the 4 of us (2 adults, 11 and 13 years old) stay in an interior cabin? If not, what's the least expensive cabin we can get? Thanks in advance.

Sure, there are staterooms than hold 4. I'd look for one with 2 pullmans, or a sofa bed and a pullman.

Also once you get a price on 1 cabin that holds 4 people check out the price of getting 2 cabins holding 2 people each.

As crazy as it sounds we have had instances where the 2 cabins were cheaper than 1 cabin. As there are fewer cabins that hold 4 the price of the first 2 guests is more in these cabins. Also more space and 2 bathrooms.:)

Just priced a 3 day on the Enchantment as an example. 1 inside with 4 people $1875. 2 insides with 2 people each $1900. $25 more for 2 cabins....well worth the extra.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We've done 4 in an inside cabin a few times. It helps if you are an organized person and also don't bring too much stuff. There are additional showers you can use in the gym areas of most ships, which can be a help with just the one bathroom. The trusty clear pocket shoe organizer is also a good way to keep your accessories off the limited counter tops and visible in a crowded cabin. As others have said, choose a cabin with pulmans (the beds that pull down out of the ceiling) rather than the sofa bed.

Good evening,

Someone on CC will correct me if I am wrong but I am not sure whether children can have their own cabin. Definitely was a problem on one of my cruises but it might have been a different cruise line.

So with the above caveat, look at the cost of 2 cabins and the price difference. You are going to seriously compromise on comfort and privacy by having all four in same room.

For us, the minimum was a balcony for 4 to share with the children sharing a balcony. As they are now approaching 20, we have moved onto sharing a suite or having 2 separate cabins.

I wouldn't put 4 people in an interior cabin, or any cabin.

Unless it was a large suite with a separate bedroom.

Also it is a little late to be looking at Spring Break for this year considering the Spring Break season starts in a few weeks.

There might be some availability left, but not much to choose from.

Also prices are going to be $$$$$$$$$$ for anything.

Yes...children CAN have their own cabin....connecting with the parent's room is optimal..but next door or across the hall is fine, too, depending on the age of said kids!

An inside cabin (or any smaller cabin) will be tight with 4, but it is doable. Would I do it? No, but many do!

Have the deck plans in front of you when you book, so you know what you're getting and paying for, regarding beds, location etc....

Someone on CC will correct me if I am wrong but I am not sure whether children can have their own cabin. Definitely was a problem on one of my cruises but it might have been a different cruise line.

So with the above caveat, look at the cost of 2 cabins and the price difference. You are going to seriously compromise on comfort and privacy by having all four in same room.

For us, the minimum was a balcony for 4 to share with the children sharing a balcony. As they are now approaching 20, we have moved onto sharing a suite or having 2 separate cabins.

Royal will allow minor children to have their own cabin as long as it is directly beside or directly across the hall from the adult room.

This cannot be booked on line so you must call in order to do this. Some TA's will tell you it can't be done as they do not like to call. Even the TA's online reservation system will not allow them to process this request online and they too must call.

If it's a vision class, those inside staterooms are very small. I've looked inside them. I think you have bunk beds on the walls. And someone has to climb up them. Not sure they have a ladder. At YMCA of the Rockies, I had those bunk beds. You can't sit up on the bottom bunk, and you have to scramble to the top bunk by stepping onto the bottom bunk. I don't know how my room mate put up with it. But she didn't complain.

I second the vote for two inside rooms, preferably adjoining.

If it's a vision class, those inside staterooms are very small. I've looked inside them. I think you have bunk beds on the walls. And someone has to climb up them. Not sure they have a ladder. At YMCA of the Rockies, I had those bunk beds. You can't sit up on the bottom bunk, and you have to scramble to the top bunk by stepping onto the bottom bunk. I don't know how my room mate put up with it. But she didn't complain.

I second the vote for two inside rooms, preferably adjoining.

I too would vote for two rooms. However, the Pullman beds are not as bad as you describe. They are not really "bunk beds". They are a twin sized bed, with a ladder, that pulls down from the wall. Stewards will make up and pull down each evening. You can have your main bed as two singles, which gives the appearance of bunk beds, or as a regular King/queen.

We did interiors, including the smallest of all on the Majesty, when our kids were in college. Doable, yes, but two rooms is so much better.

Your best way is to book two connecting rooms or across from each together and put one adult with each child. Once you board, ask guest Relations for an extra key for the other room and you sleep in one with the two girls in the other. The extra key will only allow you to open the girls room, your original Sea Pass Card will need to be used for any charges on board.

Book two rooms, with 1 adult and 1 child in each room. Then sleep wherever you want.

Yes, this is the best way to book it as then each cabin will have an adult in it thus 2 bottles of wine will be allowed to be brought onboard for each for a total of four. If all adults are in one cabin then only that cabin will be allowed wine to be brought onboard so that will be only two bottles. :D

Then once onboard just go to guest services and move kids into one cabin and adults into other. ;)

Everyone keeps telling them to get 2 cabins.

They originally said they are looking for inside cabins for 4 people.

So I guess they are going economy style and 2 cabins are probably out of the question.

Finding connecting cabins or anything across the hall is pretty much out of the question on last minute cruises..

Considering most cruises are on a waitlist..

OP if you post the exact cruise you are thinking about, people may be able to give you better advice, if they can see what is available.

Insides usually have pullmans as there is not room for a sofabed. Sometimes, the price difference for 2 people in 2 insides is not that much more than 4 in one inside, so it's always worth checking, even if you are set on one room.

Everyone keeps telling them to get 2 cabins.

They originally said they are looking for inside cabins for 4 people.

So I guess they are going economy style and 2 cabins are probably out of the question.

Finding connecting cabins or anything across the hall is pretty much out of the question on last minute cruises..

Considering most cruises are on a waitlist..

No if you go over the posts they are saying check out the price of getting two cabins with two in each. I was checking out prices for a X Summit cruise to Bermuda for August of this year and the third and fourth person, our grandkids in an inside was more expensive than for the first two, us. Unbelievable but that's what I saw about a month ago.

Also RCI assigns a higher category and typically price, to a cabin that can have more than two in it. It's quite possible that by going with two per cabin, lower category cabins could be booked at a lower price per person. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

No if you go over the posts they are saying check out the price of getting two cabins with two in each. I was checking out prices for a X Summit cruise to Bermuda for August of this year and the third and fourth person, our grandkids in an inside was more expensive than for the first two, us. Unbelievable but that's what I saw about a month ago.

Also RCI assigns a higher category and typically price, to a cabin that can have more than two in it. It's quite possible that by going with two per cabin, lower category cabins could be booked at a lower price per person. ;)

I understand what you are saying and you are correct.

Sometimes it is cheaper or just a little more expensive to get 2 cabins.

However they are trying for Spring Break, which is basically next month.

Your probably not going to find 2 connecting cabins or even 2 cabins near each other.

Most likely anything left is a "guarantee" cabin.

I just checked my Spring Break cruise and it is on a waitlist....

Good evening,

I understand what you are saying and you are correct.

Sometimes it is cheaper or just a little more expensive to get 2 cabins.

However they are trying for Spring Break, which is basically next month.

Your probably not going to find 2 connecting cabins or even 2 cabins near each other.

Most likely anything left is a "guarantee" cabin.

I just checked my Spring Break cruise and it is on a waitlist....

The OP didn't say anywhere in their posts that the Spring Break they were interested in was this year but if that's what they are interested in doing then I agree with your assessment of their possibilities but I would still at least check out the possibility of two cabins. In fact it might be that four in a cabin wouldn't be possible if a cabin for 4 wasn't available or if the ship was nearing its passenger maximum load thus weren't allowing more than two to be booked in any available cabins even those that can accommodate more than two. :D.

In fact it might be that four in a cabin wouldn't be possible if a cabin for 4 wasn't available or if the ship was nearing its passenger maximum load thus weren't allowing more than two to be booked in any available cabins even those that can accommodate more than two. :D.

To explain the reasoning for the above bolded statement, if the ship was nearing its maximum passenger number booking more than 2 in any cabin might result in them having to leave an another available cabin empty because they couldn't have two more passengers onboard but if there were to have only two in each cabin both could be occupied thus sold. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

I recommend two connecting cabins. We did that when my kids were 14, 11, and 2 with them in one room and my husband and I in the other. The rooms are based on double occupancy anyway, so even though you might save money squeezing them in as third and fourth occupancy, it's so not worth it. Inside rooms are tight as it is, but having the connecting rooms made it easier. Plus, you'll have two bathrooms, which is a bonus you won't have in a suite. (I assume; perhaps there are some suites with 2 bathrooms.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app