Updating Preferences


Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:41 AM.
#21
Dorset, UK
8,967 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Using Google Chrome - had to get new password as it didn't recognise it. Got in with new reset p/w and all ok, checked preferences etc, tick Loyalty box, saw cruise history and forthcoming cruises booked - but NO loyalty showing! It's on our Cruise Personaliser but not showing on the account! Holding on the phone as I type!
#22
North Yorkshire, UK
318 Posts
Joined Jun 2015
Originally posted by kruzseeka
Using Google Chrome - had to get new password as it didn't recognise it. Got in with new reset p/w and all ok, checked preferences etc, tick Loyalty box, saw cruise history and forthcoming cruises booked - but NO loyalty showing! It's on our Cruise Personaliser but not showing on the account! Holding on the phone as I type!
I await your result!
#24
Dorset, UK
8,967 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by Goosebear Mum
I await your result!
The lady from P&O said they'd had a few problems but was able to tell me my Loyalty Tier and number of points accrued by checking her system. She said she'd 'Refresh' the details for both myself and husband. We've waited 15 minutes to check both accounts (as though you'd need to!) but no Loyalty showing!!! What a Fred Karno's!
#25
Bristol uk
3 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
We've fallen foul of it because we share an email address and the system won't let us both use it. A lovely lady at P&O is trying to sort it out, but it's a real mess and it looks as though my husband will have to get a separate email address just for this. What a ridiculous state of affairs. Don't want to lose loyalty club benefits after all this time!
#26
Mid Wales
120 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
We had the same problem Redlandpolly. I receive emailings from P&O addressed to me and my husband receives promotions through the post addressed to him. I have a P&O account linked to our email address and changed my preferences on that some time ago (haven't checked since whether it is showing loyalty points or not). My husband received notification through the post about updating his preferences and we did it over the phone yesterday. Hopefully he will still have his loyalty points!

Michele
#27
Dorset, UK
8,967 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by Mewat
We had the same problem Redlandpolly. I receive emailings from P&O addressed to me and my husband receives promotions through the post addressed to him. I have a P&O account linked to our email address and changed my preferences on that some time ago (haven't checked since whether it is showing loyalty points or not). My husband received notification through the post about updating his preferences and we did it over the phone yesterday. Hopefully he will still have his loyalty points!

Michele
I should check to see! The lady at P&O apparently can see mine - but we can't! That's ok as long as the system recognises us and applies the % discount on board but if not I will not be happy!
#28
Mid Wales
120 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
Just been and checked in my account and all my previous cruises and points are showing along with our future cruises booked. So thankfully all seems OK. Only thing is that we can't make sure my husband's points are all OK as he doesn't have an account, so we just have to take the word of the person he spoke to on the phone! We'll have to wait until September to see!

Michele
#30
206 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
My loyalty tier isn't showing either on my account or cruise personaliser. I rang them yesterday evening and was told I have no points! He then went away for what seemed a very long time and when he returned he said they had rebooted the computer and they would show in 24 - 48 hours............I won't be holding my breath
#31
Dorset, UK
8,967 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by Strawberry field
My loyalty tier isn't showing either on my account or cruise personaliser. I rang them yesterday evening and was told I have no points! He then went away for what seemed a very long time and when he returned he said they had rebooted the computer and they would show in 24 - 48 hours............I won't be holding my breath
If a reboot was going to work, wouldn't it sort it straight away? My 'Refresh' certainly didn't. Or am I missing something? I wonder if the 1 - 2 day delay is in the hope that they can get the computer program fixed. It clearly has a glitch!
#32
Co. Durham
52 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
I have the letter here which says "updated preferences may take up to 28 days to take effect". Not sure what to do about o/h as all correspondence is in my name.
#33
Surrey, UK
1,566 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by kruzseeka
If a reboot was going to work, wouldn't it sort it straight away? My 'Refresh' certainly didn't. Or am I missing something? I wonder if the 1 - 2 day delay is in the hope that they can get the computer program fixed. It clearly has a glitch!
My guess would be that the loyalty points are held in a separate database than the marketing information held in My Account and that the link from My Account to the loyalty database is in place for some and not for others. Should be a simple thing for P&O to rectify.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
36 Cruises - 20 Ships - 394 Nights at Sea
P&O (22): Old Arcadia, Arcadia, Aurora(2), Azura(4), Britannia(2),Oceana(2), Oriana(6), Ventura(4)
Celebrity (4): Summit, Solstice, Eclipse, Silhouette Thomson (4): Island Breeze, Emerald(3)
Princess (2): Diamond Princess, Emerald Princess RCI (1): Radiance of the Seas
Holland America (1): Eurodam Premier Cruises (1): Rembrandt Sun Cruises(1): Sunbird
#34
Dorset, UK
8,967 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by bee-ess
My guess would be that the loyalty points are held in a separate database than the marketing information held in My Account and that the link from My Account to the loyalty database is in place for some and not for others. Should be a simple thing for P&O to rectify.
Just been into my account to check it out and under Loyalty it says something to the effect that the page isn't available at the moment but don't worry your loyalty points are safe. That's good to know but it's taking some time to sort. Interestingly the Loyalty tab is the only one I can get to work directing me to the message above. No other tabs eg Your Details etc respond at all!