Westerdam Post Drydock New Fittings Photos

shipcafe

Thanks for posting!

Lovely carpets! Wow!

We've sailed 35 days on the Westerdam and I can't place some of these photos.

Anyone figure them out??

My apologies. I should have labeled them, I suppose. These were taken in the Explorations Café, Pinnacle Bar, the Atrium, and the Explorer's Lounge. Not in that order.

Thanks for posting, Ship Cafe. Your photos are always wonderful. :)

I agree the carpets look wonderful.

Did you notice if they installed a sneeze guard on the sideboard in Neptune Lounge?

We've been waiting for them to restore the service in Westerdam's Neptune to be the same as on the other 14 HAL ships. ;)

Edited by sail7seas

Thanks for posting, Ship Cafe. Your photos are always wonderful. :)

I agree the carpets look wonderful.

Did you notice if they installed a sneeze guard on the sideboard in Neptune Lounge?

We've been waiting for them to restore the service in Westerdam's Neptune to be the same as on the other 14 HAL ships. ;)

Grrr I was even in the Neptune Lounge today and didn't look. I'll be back on board over the course of the Summer, though.

Grrr I was even in the Neptune Lounge today and didn't look. I'll be back on board over the course of the Summer, though.

Shipcafe,

I just now read on another thread someone who sailed June 7 cruise said Westerdam's Neptune Lounge is back to the same self-service, side-board displayed treats as all the other HAL ships. :)

I gave that poster a rousing Hip, Hip Hooray!!! It was so odd they had not refitted that sideboard to be like all the others in the fleet.

Shipcafe,

I just now read on another thread someone who sailed June 7 cruise said Westerdam's Neptune Lounge is back to the same self-service, side-board displayed treats as all the other HAL ships. :)

I gave that poster a rousing Hip, Hip Hooray!!! It was so odd they had not refitted that sideboard to be like all the others in the fleet.

So there are or are not sneeze guards now?

So there are or are not sneeze guards now?

For over a year, Westerdam's Neptune, unlike any other in the fleet, has not offered the same selection on the sideboard as all the other Neptune Lounges. There has been mumbling about USPH having an issue there was no sneeze guard on the sideboard and only permitted the food in the chilled round serving area.

As a Neptune Suite guest of 'always' since Statendam joined the fleet, we are used to the bagels, muffins, croissants, fruit, etc on the sideboard for breakfast from which we can help ourselves. (The first Neptune Lounge, of course, appeared on Rotterdam VI.)

Then we look for the wedges of cheese, crackers, cookies etc for lunch. The chocolates, pound cake and afternoon nibbles either are not available or must be requested and a Pinnacle Steward will go to the service area behind the door of Neptune and bring a piece of candy or whatever. Most of us do not consider that satisfactory and surely in over a year, a solution could be found.

The claims are two fold:

USPH (SUPPOSEDLY) demanded the carpeting which abuts the wooden sideboard must be replaced with tiles like just aside of it and

a sneeze guard over the food offered on that sideboard.

IF, as is the case, they can satisfy USPH on 14 ships, it cannot be such a big deal to do whatever is lacking in Westerdam's Neptune Lounge. I know you are probably sorry you asked given my rant but it is inconceivable to me that in all these months the proper changes could not have been made by the more than able carpenters/crew aboard or certainly could have been ordered from wherever the supplies came for the other 14 Neptune Lounges.

Rant is over but clearly it is a sore subject for me.

I do not like it when given answers that are evasive and obviously less than forthright. That is what we have experienced. The ridiculous delay makes no sense, to me.

For those of us who actually pay for those Neptune Suites, we do not take kindly to having to 'request' a muffin for breakfast when we are able to help ourselves and see what is available on all the other ships. For pete's sake, can't they spare a muffin for a full fare suite guest? :D If we wanted to go to Lido for a muffin, we wouldn't book a Neptune Suite expecting a fully stocked Neptune Lounge. :)

Edited by sail7seas

Thanks for posting the photos, some of the carpets look quite "busy".

I was thinking that if one were tipsy, tired and the ship was rocking - that blue/white carpet just might send you right over the edge. Or rushing to the edge....

My wife likes to be surprised so she usually does not look at these pics before an upcoming cruise. I like them a lot, however. I would be interested in her opinion as she has an AA in art amongst several other degrees. It seems to me to be in the style of "Boardwalk Empire". Or the Roaring 20's. :)

My apologies. I should have labeled them, I suppose. These were taken in the Explorations Café, Pinnacle Bar, the Atrium, and the Explorer's Lounge. Not in that order.

Thanks for the info. Didn't figure out the Pinnacle bar.

So glad that HAL is finally getting some carpeting that is modern and tasteful, instead of dull and boring. I love pictures on a wall, so I also love the same on the floor!

For over a year, Westerdam's Neptune, unlike any other in the fleet, has not offered the same selection on the sideboard as all the other Neptune Lounges. There has been mumbling about USPH having an issue there was no sneeze guard on the sideboard and only permitted the food in the chilled round serving area.

As a Neptune Suite guest of 'always' since Statendam joined the fleet, we are used to the bagels, muffins, croissants, fruit, etc on the sideboard for breakfast from which we can help ourselves. (The first Neptune Lounge, of course, appeared on Rotterdam VI.)

Then we look for the wedges of cheese, crackers, cookies etc for lunch. The chocolates, pound cake and afternoon nibbles either are not available or must be requested and a Pinnacle Steward will go to the service area behind the door of Neptune and bring a piece of candy or whatever. Most of us do not consider that satisfactory and surely in over a year, a solution could be found.

The claims are two fold:

USPH (SUPPOSEDLY) demanded the carpeting which abuts the wooden sideboard must be replaced with tiles like just aside of it and

a sneeze guard over the food offered on that sideboard.

IF, as is the case, they can satisfy USPH on 14 ships, it cannot be such a big deal to do whatever is lacking in Westerdam's Neptune Lounge. I know you are probably sorry you asked given my rant but it is inconceivable to me that in all these months the proper changes could not have been made by the more than able carpenters/crew aboard or certainly could have been ordered from wherever the supplies came for the other 14 Neptune Lounges.

Rant is over but clearly it is a sore subject for me.

I do not like it when given answers that are evasive and obviously less than forthright. That is what we have experienced. The ridiculous delay makes no sense, to me.

For those of us who actually pay for those Neptune Suites, we do not take kindly to having to 'request' a muffin for breakfast when we are able to help ourselves and see what is available on all the other ships. For pete's sake, can't they spare a muffin for a full fare suite guest? :D If we wanted to go to Lido for a muffin, we wouldn't book a Neptune Suite expecting a fully stocked Neptune Lounge. :)

You get an "amen" from this member of the choir. There's no sense that this was a problem on Westerdam for so long. When I look to suites, the thing that always brings me to HAL is the Neptune. I often see Celebrity's comparable suites as cheaper, but the Neptune Lounge is what I want and I want it to be consistent.