RCI Pizza

I love that there are 9 pages of this.

Before I realized that gluten hates me, my family categorized pizza in two groups, regular and ws pizza (wicked *bathroom adjective*). WS pizza is usually found in ballparks, gas stations, school cafeterias and amusement parks. Its edible in context and serves its purpose.

These days I’d love to be able to eat WS pizza. I’ll give anyone a bite of the gluten free pizza on board any cruise ship. It’s absolutely terrible and will make you feel better about what you guys are able to eat.

Its free pizza on a cruise.

Its not "free" by any stretch. :) People are not expecting a gourmet pizza I dont think. Most just would like for Royal to improve theirs. If Carnival, often coined as "Wal Mart" of cruise lines, can make an acceptable, fresh, cooked to order pizza, using hand tossed dough and quality ingredients, why cant Royal? I dont know anyone that cruises specifically for pizza but if they are gonna offer it, it should at least be decent. The last pizza i had on Freedom was bad at any time of the day.

Its not "free" by any stretch. :) People are not expecting a gourmet pizza I dont think. Most just would like for Royal to improve theirs. If Carnival, often coined as "Wal Mart" of cruise lines, can make an acceptable, fresh, cooked to order pizza, using hand tossed dough and quality ingredients, why cant Royal? I dont know anyone that cruises specifically for pizza but if they are gonna offer it, it should at least be decent. The last pizza i had on Freedom was bad at any time of the day.

The free Pizza and cookie one bite and the most throw them in the trash what waste.

Wake up Royal passengers would eat less if they didn’t throw half of it away because it taste BAD

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depends on how hungry you are. If you have been on an island for most of the day and stop by around 3 or 4pm when it is being snatched up as soon as it comes out of the oven, it tastes pretty darn good.

My teenage sons swear by it when they are out and about on the ship late at night dodging the security guys.

I just do not see the big to-do that many make on these boards about how "bad" the pizza is ............ when I am on a cruise ship the pizza is one of the last things that I worry about.

Of the chains, we enjoy Papa John's specialty pizzas. It is not that good. But I do not care for LC's (not much taste and sour sauce) or Domino (way too salty). But I am sure that others feel different.

Also the best bagels and bialys.

Born in Canarsie 1946 and lived on E 87th between K and L. They didn't even have a Pizzeria then and the Canarsie theater wasn't air conditioned. For Pizza you had to go to an Italian restaurant to get one.. LOL.

bosco

I had a girlfriend living on E. 86 between L and M .We went to opening night of the Seaview Theater .

Lenny

I have never been to Italy but in my opinion the best Italian food is in Brooklyn and the Bronx.

Born and raised in Canarsie as well. I lived on e86th. Agree the pizza and bagels were the best. Too bad the bagel places went out and the original pizza is the only decent place in Canarsie. Pizza on royal is ok. Cannot compare to pizzerias anywhere!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Born and raised in Canarsie as well. I lived on e86th. Agree the pizza and bagels were the best. Too bad the bagel places went out and the original pizza is the only decent place in Canarsie. Pizza on royal is ok. Cannot compare to pizzerias anywhere!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bell Bagel from E.80 and Flatlands is now in Long Island.

Canarsie is a shell of what it was years ago,nothing left except Original Pizza and Marty's Pharmacy .

I grew up in Canarsie and hung out in Bensonhurst ,both homes of the best pizza on earth.

Growing up in New Hyde Park, I could walk to Umberto's and was there with high school friends for the opening. Pizza ordered and served at the window facing Jericho Turnpike. Twenty-five cents for a slice and a coke. Astounding pizza. Joe and Pepe became so familiar with us, we coined an ordering expression that caught on - "one aveach" - a regular and Sicilian slice with a Coke.

The free Pizza and cookie one bite and the most throw them in the trash what waste.

Wake up Royal passengers would eat less if they didn’t throw half of it away because it taste BAD

Actually, it suggests they would eat MORE, as it's actually good enough to eat. Instead of throwing half away in disgust...

Actually, it suggests they would eat MORE, as it's actually good enough to eat. Instead of throwing half away in disgust...

Yet passengers will keep grazing until they fill up with something

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good point.. If they made pizza as good as a real pizzeria, that most would think to be very good, I am afraid it would turn out to be one of the busiest places on the ship with lines as long as they have for a 10 dollar watch sale from noon to 2 in the morning..... LOL

bosco

Good point.. If they made pizza as good as a real pizzeria, that most would think to be very good, I am afraid it would turn out to be one of the busiest places on the ship with lines as long as they have for a 10 dollar watch sale from noon to 2 in the morning..... LOL

bosco

I'm happy to make friends with the pizza guy, explain how to make it, and enjoy a passable pizza.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bell Bagel from E.80 and Flatlands is now in Long Island.

Canarsie is a shell of what it was years ago,nothing left except Original Pizza and Marty's Pharmacy .

Original Pizza on Ralph Ave and Franks Pizza on Flatbus Ave are the only really good places for pizza in that area. ( I grew up in Midwood and live half the time there and half inmy apt in Manhattan now). I think they are FAR better than DiFaras. I’m going on Anthem in 2 weeks and know I’ll go through pizza withdrawal over those 9 days based on these onboard pizza quality reviews.

Original Pizza on Ralph Ave and Franks Pizza on Flatbus Ave are the only really good places for pizza in that area. ( I grew up in Midwood and live half the time there and half inmy apt in Manhattan now). I think they are FAR better than DiFaras. I’m going on Anthem in 2 weeks and know I’ll go through pizza withdrawal over those 9 days based on these onboard pizza quality reviews.

I lived in Crown Heights and Canarsie before moving to LI.There was another good pizza place on Ave. P and E. 2 St.

I lived in Crown Heights and Canarsie before moving to LI.There was another good pizza place on Ave. P and E. 2 St.

I just looked it up...its Franks Pizza at 424 Ave P.(different Frank's Pizza than the one on Flatbush Ave I posted about above). I've never been to that Frank's Pizza but now I might have to try it.