RCI Pizza

Yes, I agree. So many people are close minded when it comes to pizza and think it all has to be a certain way. However, if they thought of it as food, then they could fairly say if it was good or bad. In all my years, there's only been one time I've witnessed a New Yorker say how good a Chicago pizzeria was. He was truthful in saying he was biased but wanted to try this popular place. He admitted it was not what NY pizza is like, but as food it was excellent!

I don't think that is the case for most of these reviews though, I think people are actually saying this food is nasty lol.

I know that ketchup could be classified as food but I don't think cardboard can be.

My picky Italian husband liked the pizza on Freedom last week - as did the rest of our party. The crust was not cardboard at all and the sauce was definitely not ketchup. It is a thin crust

Pizza but this was definitely made on the spot and we thought it was good! Maybe not NY pizzeria good, but better than many of the US pizza chains.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you took RCL pizza off the ship and tried to sell it in a shop in any area of the United States you would go broke, it is just awful. But if your drunk and need something before you retire that will soak up the alcohol and fill you up well the red cardboard they serve will do the trick.

Never will you get back home and say sure wish I some of that pizza they served on the ship. These days you can say that for almost everything on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you took RCL pizza off the ship and tried to sell it in a shop in any area of the United States you would go broke

I think that would depend on where in the United States you tried to sell it...Some places would be happy to buy it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji487][emoji487][emoji487]

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

Have to agree with this. Even the most loyal to Royal fans out there would say Carnival's pizza is better than Royal's.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

Several years ago Carnival introduced me to pizza topped with goat cheese.

And, oh boy, was it good!

If their pizza is still that good, they absolutely beat Princess and RCCL.

Hey I’m a foodie that spends a ridiculous amount of time planning my trips around food. I haven’t had the Cafe Promenade Pizza but have had Sorrentos on Allure and Oasis. It was edible. My kids didn’t hate it. I wouldn’t go out of my way to eat it but if the kids wanted to stop to get some I’d probably eat a slice. Both Carnival and Disney had better.

I agree. I'm surprised they don't change the recipe.

I don't know when you had the pizza, but last July when I got a slice of it, I thought it was horrible. It tasted of fake cheese and I took one bite and that was it. In January, I saw some people eating it and it looked like no fake cheese.

I got a slice of it and didn't think it was too bad. It tasted like real cheese and I would eat it again.

The pizza use to be really bad, but on my last few cruises it has been much better. Still not great - but a nice snack indeed.

You may want to try for yourself as some of the opinions expressed may be from folks that had it a long time ago and never tried again.

Only time I saw pizza on Empress was when the children from the kid's club were being served it in the Windjammer. I said something to the the staff if we could have some pizza also. They were nice enough to make some pizza for us as a special request. Seemed delicious to me since there was no pizza anywhere on Empress prior to our request.

If you took RCL pizza off the ship and tried to sell it in a shop in any area of the United States you would go broke, it is just awful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Gas stations and roller skating rinks, or drive in movies could sell it.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not good. However, as others have said, at 2am it's fine. The trick, I think, is to get it hot. It's edible then. However, unlike some pizzas which are still edible after a few minutes of sitting out, Sorrento's pizza congeals into something I wouldn't feed to my worst enemy.