RCI Pizza

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned from 11 days on the Equinox I didn’t think pizza [emoji487] could get any worse than RCL but Celebrity did it, I am going to stop complaining now.[emoji50]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The pizza has been very hit & miss for me over the years. Two cruises ago on Oasis last summer it was so bad on the first day that I didn't even try another slice... until the last night when my picky/opinionated SIL told me she had been eating it and it wasn't terrible. I went and got a slice and it was much better than my first slice. 3 weeks later (on Oasis again) we began asking them to throw a couple slices back in the oven to make them well done (our preference) as well as hot. This helped too.

All that said, Sorrento's is one of the few things I will NOT miss from the bigger ships while on Radiance next month.

I can't speak to all the bad reviews as I have only eaten pizza on one ship. That was in Sorrento's on Harmony. We sailed on her in March this year. I would describe it as "pretty decent". It's not something you want to plan a meal around, but for grabbing a slice in the middle of the day, it was kind of tasty. Each time we grabbed a slice, we got one that came straight out of the oven. If there is a Sorrento's on Allure, I'll grab a slice again next year.

The problem is the crust, the toppings are great! Good quality products! I don’t understand why they can bake fresh rolls daily but they can’t make their own pizza dough! It doesn’t taste remotely fresh, it taste worse than cheap frozen pizza from the grocery store.

Just got off Oasis last week and I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised with the pizza. It definitely isn't top notch but it is far from bad. The high traffic at Sorrentos keeps the pizza hot and fresh no matter what time of the night we visited.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Around here (mid Michigan) I would most compare it to Domino's

I've been perfectly fine with the RCCL pizza. Not incredible, not inedible either.

Dan

Agree 100%. I don't cruise for the pizza but the pizza at Sorrento's on our Oasis sailing was certainly snack worthy. I just miss the ability to select my own toppings (sorry but I'm an anchovy guy).

• 2 weeks later...
In all my years of cruising I never once ordered Room Service . If you are a lover of good pizza and have eater pizza all over the world you will find that RCI pizza is great . You have to try it yourself and form your own opinion.
We've missed you Len.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last July when we sailed on Allure, I thought the pizza was horrible. It didn't taste like real cheese, little sauce and overall horrible. Even the made to order pizza was bad.

In January we sailed on Allure again and I saw some people eating the pizza the first day and it looked better. One afternoon I decided to try it and it was a lot better than it had been. It seemed as though it had real mozzarella and better sauce. They no longer did the small pizzas, but had either salad or small sandwiches where the make your own area was.

I am not saying it was the best pizza, but sure was a whole lot better than last year.