cheers pakage alternative 1/2

lnm6170

They need to have a cheers package that is half 7 drinks per person at half the price of the full cheers program. for those who would not drink 15 drinks in a day each. I think they would sell more packages this way with 2 options available.

They need to have a cheers package that is half 7 drinks per person at half the price of the full cheers program. for those who would not drink 15 drinks in a day each. I think they would sell more packages this way with 2 options available.

Why would they do that ?There are plenty of "lightweights"that currently drink an average of 7 alcohol drinks per day at the regular price..Carnival started offering drink packages to increase profits not as a way to save people money.. I doubt they will ever offer a "Cheers Lite" package..

also , if you drink 7 drinks per day... its actually a good deal to get the Cheers program. The Cheers program is for people that will have about 6 drinks per day (depending on the type of drink) plus water, coffee, etc.

That's why you buy the Cheers program and when you had enough to drink but still have 5 more to go before 15, you sell your drinks! 5 bucks a beer and 7 bucks a mixed drink. You could make back 35 or so dollars a day, which in turns means you will pay 25 bucks a day yourself for your Cheers!

Totally see your point as we also would not drink more than a few alcoholic beverages per day. We are bringing on 2 bottles of wine and will either receive a free bottle from the steakhouse or will purchase a better offering for the 50% off. We may purchase 1-2 fruity drinks from the bar. I don’t know if you like wine but there is a Cruise the Vineyards program that could be an alternative. You could also purchase a bottle in the Fun Shop which would allow you to mix your own drinks, that bottle may cost 3-4xs more than on land...still way less than Cheers and one bottle is probably more than enough for the entire week for light drinkers. Just some options :)

Hi there

As Hftmrock points out if you are willing to drink 6-7 drinks a day, then the Cheers package is a good value.

What you would like is a cheaper package. I just don't think that is likely. For 1/2 the price they might be willing to consider 2 drinks a day as well as the other beverages, but even that would be unlikely.

Your first mistake is assuming pricing is based on each consumer having 15 drinks. Pricing on a program like this is based on the overall average. You are looking for overall profit and it isn't based on each passenger.

It does seem odd Carnival only offers one alcohol beverage package where most other cruise lines offer more.

Hi

Most of those other cruise lines also offer their drink packages as some kind of marketing perk while Carnival never does. I guess they have their reasons.

I doubt that a seven drink max for half price would ever happen, since I am sure their profits are calculated very specifically. Here are two possibilities that may be realistic (ie. preserving CCL's profits).

A) Five drink maximum for $35 before gratuities. Higher price gives the profit motive.

B) Offering Single drinker supplements. Two folks in the room, only one wants Cheers? Give a $25 upcharge so that not both folks need to buy it. That could offset the profits lost due to drink sharers or whatever.

C) 50 Drink coupon for the entire cruise (or more or less, but you get the idea) for a $400 or so. Unused drinks are non-refundable. This would allow couples to "share drinks" while still offering a bulk purchase option.

While I doubt any of these would actually happen, these would be slightly more realistic of ideas.

I doubt that a seven drink max for half price would ever happen, since I am sure their profits are calculated very specifically. Here are two possibilities that may be realistic (ie. preserving CCL's profits).

A) Five drink maximum for $35 before gratuities. Higher price gives the profit motive.

B) Offering Single drinker supplements. Two folks in the room, only one wants Cheers? Give a $25 upcharge so that not both folks need to buy it. That could offset the profits lost due to drink sharers or whatever.

C) 50 Drink coupon for the entire cruise (or more or less, but you get the idea) for a $400 or so. Unused drinks are non-refundable. This would allow couples to "share drinks" while still offering a bulk purchase option.

While I doubt any of these would actually happen, these would be slightly more realistic of ideas.

I can't see many purchasing A unless it includes all the non-alcoholic drinks too. B seems like a somewhat viable option that I haven't seen presented before:) I don't think C would be very popular because it is one more card to carry/lose, although I like it (and Princess does have this for their coffee card).

Another suggestion for those who think Carnival's Cheers price is too high for their drinking habits, but still want the "freedom" of a package: buy cruise bar cash in the amount you are willing to pay (up to $500 per cabin) and use that as "Cheers light."

I'm pretty sure the accountants and the marketing folks have taken a good look at Cheers and decided that the current pricing structure (with no discounts, ever) makes them plenty of money.

Cheers just allows you to prepay for your alcohol, whether you drink 5 a day or the limit Carnival still makes money. In reality no one is going to break even, sure some will spend less than they would buying by the drink. Carnival is going to make at least $5 per beer sold and with mixers factored at least $50 profit on every bottle of booze. Carnival probably pays about .25 per bottle of water, and very few would drink enough coffee, energy drinks or milkshakes to cut into their beer and liquor profits. Cheers is a good value if you consume enough, and only if you would be consuming that much anyway. It would not make sense to get it just so you can drink more than you would normally. Cheers is not for me, I might drink heavy two out of 7 days, but I don't drink every day at home and I won't drink every day on vacation. Now if they were giving it away that would be whole different thing :)

That's why you buy the Cheers program and when you had enough to drink but still have 5 more to go before 15, you sell your drinks! 5 bucks a beer and 7 bucks a mixed drink. You could make back 35 or so dollars a day, which in turns means you will pay 25 bucks a day yourself for your Cheers!

Lol I guess "selling" isn't the same as sharing lol

#loophole

I would be willing to bet that the average cheers customer drinks 5-7 alcoholic drinks a day. So to offer a package with a lower limit would significantly cut their revenue from cheers since almost everyone would take it. What the other lines offer and would be more feasible is the cheers package with up to 15 drinks worth up to $50 per day and a lower level package of up to 15 drinks worth up to $8 per day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

These can be purchased on any cruise on Princess, Royal and Celebrity.

Unless they changed, Princess Soda and More does not cover specialty teas and coffee or any canned beverages (limited to whatever they have for fountain).

• 4 weeks later...
I think they should have one with 20 personally. I hate that point in the night when I'm out of drinks but not tired yet!
If you want to stretch your bang for the buck, factor in Fosters Oil Cans which are 25 oz each or Long Island Iced Teas. Fifteen of either of those will give you a buzz.