Balcony vs Mini-Suite

tanyaewa

I am looking at photos and room descriptions of the Bliss and I can't see what benefit a mini-suite provides? I was under the (mistaken?) assumption that a mini-suite would be larger, better, *something* more than a balcony room but the online photos show the same room...

And a B6 "Large Balcony" shows it having more square footage than a MA mid-ship mini-suite.

Should I change my room to the large balcony?? if it's very similarly priced?

Cabin in a mini-suite is the same size, however, the bathroom is much larger (double sink, large, roomy walk-in shower). We had a mini-suite on our cruise on the Escape last May and really enjoyed the larger bathroom. Some people think it is a waste of $, but it's what you prefer.

Mini suite should be slightly longer with a bigger bathroom. Unless you have a mini suite with a large balcony, it likely will have a similar balcony size to a standard balcony room.

A large balcony room has the same interior size of a regular balcony room, but you get more exterior space.

You may want to look online for photos or video tours from various room types on a comparable ship. Sometimes, the photos and room diagrams on NCL are inaccurate or do not reflect the variations in rooms, even within the same class (some decks or locations may have slightly larger balconies, for example).

The generic cabin photos on the NCL site lack originality aptness and a complete picture of what the

cabins look like.

Best to go to YouTube or Google and put in NCL (ship name and cabin number) i.e. NCL Escape 9122

Note that the BLISS has yet to sail and does not have any actual customer photos - only PR pictures

gleaned from similar class ships - not exact same thing ! Oranges apples and mangos ?

Generally Balcony and Mini-Suite cabins are the same size except for the bathroom. Bedroom Main cabin

space and balcony are almost identical plus or minus an inch square foot here or there.

Mini-suites have a bath tub instead of a shower and may have a vanity dressing area and tad bit more

cabinet storage space. The Large Balcony cabin may be all that a larger balcony - but may carry a premium

fare - check things out to see if that few extra inches is actually worth it - maybe better to have location

over a larger cabin balcony. Read on here at CC we have a lot to offer.

On the Gem we like the Mini Suite over a regular balcony. On Breakaway, we had a Mini on our first trip and it really wasn't that much different than a balcony. So now we book balcony instead of mini. I would think that the Bliss would have a similar set up as Breakaway in the room size

Thx everyone.

I called Norwegian and switch my mini suite 14167 to the large balcony 8710. The price was about $200 less for large balcony and the stats are listed as;

• OccupancyUp to 3 - 4 guests
  • Total Approx. Size331 sq ft
  • Balcony Size155 sq ft

That is quite a bit larger than the listed mini suite I had previously booked.

Looks like they have a very Limited number of this size room on Bliss and when I checked to compare on Escape there aren’t any comparable rooms on deck 8.

I guess we will have to wait for some reviews once Bliss sails...

Lol. I totally got sucked into the marketing of the name Mini Suite! So glad I went back to double check

Good point. We really enjoyed being on deck 8 last time on the Getaway. Easy access to the Wtwerfront and 678 was awesome for us. you would think a larger bathroom would be important since it’s 4 of us sharing but it never seems to bother us

We ended up in a mini-suite on the Epic on one of our sailings when the price dropped and I was given it as an 'upgrade'. I did not feel there was anything difference to the ordinary balcony.

I recall that I used the bathtub when I wanted to wash something. I now cannot recall if we had a shower in addition to the bath. I don't like shower/bathtub combinations because they are slippery when you are getting out.

On Jewel class ships the mini-suites have the larger bathroom with combo tub/shower and separate commode. The cabin also has a significantly deeper balcony than the standard balcony cabins. The cabin has a curtain which divides the bed from the sitting area which converts to a third birth. Since we often cruise with three we really love this choice.

On the newer ships like Breakaway and above the difference is much less. The bathroom is bigger but lacks the tub, and the balcony is the same size the balconies in standard balcony cabins. For us it isn't really worth spending much more for the mini-suite.

Thx everyone.

I called Norwegian and switch my mini suite 14167 to the large balcony 8710. The price was about $200 less for large balcony and the stats are listed as;

• OccupancyUp to 3 - 4 guests
  • Total Approx. Size331 sq ft
  • Balcony Size155 sq ft

That is quite a bit larger than the listed mini suite I had previously booked.

Looks like they have a very Limited number of this size room on Bliss and when I checked to compare on Escape there aren’t any comparable rooms on deck 8.

I guess we will have to wait for some reviews once Bliss sails...

Lol. I totally got sucked into the marketing of the name Mini Suite! So glad I went back to double check

Keep in mind the total square feet includes the balcony. The interior size will be the same as any other balcony cabin and slightly smaller than a mini-suite.