What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

With great sincerity,

I appreciate that explanation and the screen shots. Very helpful.

I just checked the Plusgrade page again and loaded the desktop version... it shows our name at the bottom and instead of giving us the usual upgrade options, it now just says “Not eligible for upgrade”

Does anyone know if you get an email on the upgrade status in your NCL Messages inbox, or is it only sent via email?

Edited by marktwothousand

With great sincerity,

I just checked the Plusgrade page again and loaded the desktop version... it shows our name at the bottom and instead of giving us the usual upgrade options, it now just says “Not eligible for upgrade”

Does anyone know if you get an email on the upgrade status in your NCL Messages inbox, or is it only sent via email?

Sounds to me that you got your upgrade. Once you get your upgrade you will be "no longer eligible to upgrade again" ie from Balcony to Haven as you have already been upgraded from studio to Balcony. Got the same message in Dec for the Epic 4 days out... See ya on the 20th...

Was just upgraded to Spa Mini. I recalculated all my bids and went the minimum on everything but the mini. I just about maxed that because even at bidding full price, I was was happy with the price paid.

Leaving on Escape Jan. 20th. Currently booked in a BF balcony. Paid $2158 for 2 people $2577.78 including service charge(?) Placed a bid of $430 pp on H5 Courtyard Penthouse with balcony, currently showing SOLD OUT. Aft-facing Penthouse H7 $850pp. Forward facing Penthouse $850 pp, SOLD OUT. Haven Spa Suite H9 $850pp, currently SOLD OUT. A mini suite for $125pp, there are about 10 spa mini suites, 1 mini suite with large balcony and 2 midship mini suites with balconies left. The only reason I'm bidding on mini suites is for the spa mini suite. Will update on winning bids or denials. Either way, I've NEVER had a bad cruise. First with NCL.

We just got it... thanks so much for all the advice. We originally paid $1250 USD (total) for an interior and landed ourselves a BF balcony for $150/pp ($300 USD total) upgrade cost.

Check your NCL accounts people! You might have news.

Was just upgraded to Spa Mini. I recalculated all my bids and went the minimum on everything but the mini. I just about maxed that because even at bidding full price, I was was happy with the price paid.

The upsell fairy cometh !!

Congrats :)

Tom

Cool, enjoy your new view outside later this week. Did you get the official email or just logged in & see it. Know your new deck & room # - decent, I guess.

P.S. now you can print out new eDocs & luggage tags. Congrats!

on AT&T 4G, T-Mo/Project Fi or WiFi via Blu R1HD w Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Edited by mking8288

A few weeks ago, The Penthouse Suite was first offered to us as an an upgrade for $1000.00 PP

I counter offered $500.00 PP, and was told they don't negotiate.

A few days later NLC offered the same for $750.00 PP and I again counter offered $500.00. No Deal.

With a few days before our sailing, NCL offered the same Penthouse Suite for $500.00 PP

I told them to shove it. We are happy with the BA we booked months ago.:)

I wanted to bid lower but didn't know how they only would go to $500 per person I wanted to bid $500 for both ??

What are the chances of getting the upgrade with the minimum bid they offer? We were just assigned our guarantee stateroom and we sail march 10. We are on the Epic and got 12299, which appears to be three rooms from the aft of the ship. It seems to be a nice location, but if I could get the Haven Aft stateroom for $200 pp more, I would go for it. I know, I am being greedy now. $200 pp is the minimum that the slider allows. I have always read how wonderful the Haven is and we have always wanted an aft balcony, but I am not sure we can afford $400 or $500 pp more. I guess I could always put in a bid for the lowest amount and if we don't get it, no big deal and we do, surprise my husband :) Or should I just leave well enough alone?

Thanks for any input.

Kathleen

We just got it... thanks so much for all the advice. We originally paid $1250 USD (total) for an interior and landed ourselves a BF balcony for $150/pp ($300 USD total) upgrade cost.

Check your NCL accounts people! You might have news.

When is the cruise ? Might have missed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The aft Haven has a much bigger balcony, a separate living room. Its more similar to the 2 bedroom, but with a much larger balcony

Aft Haven is great, but it's a very long walk to the Haven deck - pool, lounge, restaurant. Didn't use Haven facilities as much because of distance.

With great sincerity,

Where do you find the plusgrade page? Thanks in advance!

What are the chances of getting the upgrade with the minimum bid they offer? We were just assigned our guarantee stateroom and we sail march 10. We are on the Epic and got 12299, which appears to be three rooms from the aft of the ship. It seems to be a nice location, but if I could get the Haven Aft stateroom for $200 pp more, I would go for it. I know, I am being greedy now. $200 pp is the minimum that the slider allows. I have always read how wonderful the Haven is and we have always wanted an aft balcony, but I am not sure we can afford $400 or $500 pp more. I guess I could always put in a bid for the lowest amount and if we don't get it, no big deal and we do, surprise my husband :) Or should I just leave well enough alone?

Thanks for any input.

Kathleen

If you can afford $200 pp then bid, you have ABSOLUTELY nothing to lose... you will only be charged IF YOUR BID IS SUCCESSFUL. At the minimum bid your chances of winning are naturally lower (but still not zero). If your bid is not successful nothing changes, you retain your current cabin and life goes happily on with no additional charge. Seriously... you're going to have a great time either way. $200pp puts you in the running and you have to run to stand a chance of winning but don't put yourself into a $tressful position either. Someone might bid $300 and beat you to it, or your cruise history (or theirs) may factor in and you win, the upgrade Gods are fickle.

If you can afford $200 pp then bid, you have ABSOLUTELY nothing to lose... you will only be charged IF YOUR BID IS SUCCESSFUL. At the minimum bid your chances of winning are naturally lower (but still not zero). If your bid is not successful nothing changes, you retain your current cabin and life goes happily on with no additional charge. Seriously... you're going to have a great time either way. $200pp puts you in the running and you have to run to stand a chance of winning but don't put yourself into a $tressful position either. Someone might bid $300 and beat you to it, or your cruise history (or theirs) may factor in and you win, the upgrade Gods are fickle.

Great advice. Thank you.

I’m booked on Escape sailing out on the 20th (2 days). I’m still able to modify my bids, do you think that means I still have a chance? �� The waiting is driving me nuts! I’d love to know one way or another. I’m bidding on the haven rooms.

I'd agree that you still have a chance and good luck. If you want to increase your chances, add another $5 to your bid just for fun.

Best regards,

Bob

Ship: NCL Gem

Sail Date: 02/03/2018

Original room: Interior Deck 10

Bid for: Balcony

Bid for : Ocean View

Bid amount: $120 for Balcony

$ 60 for Ocean view

RESULT: Balcony - Declined

Ocean View - Accepted I'm solo so $ 30.00 :)

My bad, the correct accepted amount for the Ocean View was 120.00. As a solo I was charged for two.

Not sure if this has been mentioned in a prior post but I called our TA unsure if I had to bid through him. We wanted to upgrade our Haven forward facing to Haven aft. The "good bid" was $750 per person (for first two guests). My TA called Norwegian and upgraded for $600 total. Not sure if that is always the case but glad I called.

So we are 64 days out, and our offer says pending. Does it always say that? Or does that mean they are close to a decision to accept or decline?

No decision has been made. I bid 90 days out and with 44 days to go it’s still pending

hi, it will say "Pending" until it say says processing or..... you get an email, as I did, 48 hours prior to your cruise which indicates your bid was declined.

Good luck, I hope you get your desired cabin. I will add, this should be treated as a game/gamble since it is never a guarantee...

Cheers... here's to you :champagne-toast: