Ultimate Ship Tour

Pension3X

Am planning my 8th Princess Cruise (Ruby) next month and yet I never see the Ultimate Ship Tour featured in my cruise personalizer. Does anyone know if that is something that can be pre-purchased or does one have to wait until getting on the ship to see if it is offered during a sea day?

Can the Ultimate Ship Tour be purchased with onboard credit? Also, where do you go to sign up? Guest relations or excursion desk or???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes it can be payed for using OBC and they have the signup sheet at Guest Relations.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you know by any chance what the current price is of the tour and how long it is?

Its been several years since we did it but looks like the prices is still $150. This is from the Princess website: https://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Ultimate-Ship-Tour.html

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

Do you know by any chance what the current price is of the tour and how long it is?

$150, and I think the stated time in the signup sheet was 2 1/2 hours. However, the tour I took on the Star in November lasted almost 4 hours! There was a little bit of waiting around for the next part of the tour to begin, but not that long.

The info sheet said no cameras, but I had my smart phone in my pocket. Before the tour started, I asked if there would be any areas where pictures could be taken, and I was advised to ask each department head/officer. I didn't sneak any where I wasn't supposed to, and didn't even ask if it was OK on the bridge, but I got some great pictures on the tour.

I am hoping they offer it on my next cruise. I took a 5 day cruise last year. The tour was posted in the Patter. I immediately went to Guest Relations to sign up and was told they decided not to offer the tour. We'll see what happens. Thanks for all of the great information.

Am planning my 8th Princess Cruise (Ruby) next month and yet I never see the Ultimate Ship Tour featured in my cruise personalizer. Does anyone know if that is something that can be pre-purchased or does one have to wait until getting on the ship to see if it is offered during a sea day?

As others have mentioned sign up immediately as soon as you board the ship. I recently took the tour on both the Regal and the Royal and it is $150. You get a bag of goodies at the end including a robe, photos, and a picture frame. The tour lasted three hours and I found looking into their huge refrigerator where they keep all the fresh vegetables and the quality of the food very interesting. You'll visit the medical facility and they will show you the morgue if you ask. The backstage tour, kitchen,laundry, control room and the bridge to meet the captain.

Well worth the money in my opinion.

Howard

Does anyone know about the chefs tabel?

You need to sign up as soon as you board. It was one of the best meals that I ever had. Lasts three and a half hours. Photos below were taken on the Royal.

39316775721_d39e943c6d_z.jpg

38764744401_ffd54d1665_z.jpg

Note the size of the lobster tail. You will not be told in advance what will be served. The chef is going

to surprise you

38764744221_64a2e70aaf_z.jpg

Worth the money in my opinion

Howard

You need to sign up as soon as you board. It was one of the best meals that I ever had. Lasts three and a half hours. Photos below were taken on the Royal.

I'm pretty sure the sous chef in the first picture is catalin something, from romania.

It I think hard enough I can probably come up with his family name.

He used to be friend-of-friend.

I think he is either sous chef, or chef d'cuisine.

As others have mentioned sign up immediately as soon as you board the ship. I recently took the tour on both the Regal and the Royal and it is $150. You get a bag of goodies at the end including a robe, photos, and a picture frame. The tour lasted three hours and I found looking into their huge refrigerator where they keep all the fresh vegetables and the quality of the food very interesting. You'll visit the medical facility and they will show you the morgue if you ask. The backstage tour, kitchen,laundry, control room and the bridge to meet the captain.

Well worth the money in my opinion.

Howard

We love this tour!

Be sure to not only have closed in shoes but also long pants, shorts not permitted.

Also make room in your suitcase for those little extras as the robes and frame can be quite weighty.

We were also allowed to take pictures at different points. My husband especially loved the anchor room and we got some great photos for him.

As others have stressed, get to passenger services quickly and put your name down for a cancellation if they are full. Don't be disheartened if they are full, there may be cancellations because they didn't pack the dress requirements!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

We were hoping to do the ultimate ship tour on our last cruise and went immediately to sign up for it because we heard it fills up fast. But, the day before we were to do the tour we got a notice that it was canceled due to lack of participation. The crazy thing is we never saw it advertised anywhere so no wonder it didn't fill up!

We did the UST last year on the Grand on our Hawaii trip. We had a ton of OBC and I knew we'd never use it all, so we signed up as soon as we boarded.

The tour was held on the last sea day and it was well worth it. We got to see a lot of the behind the scenes areas, laundry, anchor deck, engine control room, backstage, kitchens, and the bridge.

It was REALLY rough that day, heading north along the coast from Mexico to San Francisco. When we got to the bridge, the ship was rising and falling into swells as high and low as 30'. It was a wild ride on the bridge. I don't know how the bridge crew could stand it for any length of time but they seemed unfazed. My poor wife was getting green around the gills and said. "I gotta get out of here", so we left early before she ralphed all over the bridge. It really was a rough ride. The bridge was the last stop on the tour so we didn't miss anything by cutting out early, except the hors'doerves and champagne, which nobody had much of an interest in.

The cost was $150pp, and was well worth it to do once. We'd like to do Chef's Table on our upcoming February cruise.

• Like 1

We were hoping to do the ultimate ship tour on our last cruise and went immediately to sign up for it because we heard it fills up fast. But, the day before we were to do the tour we got a notice that it was canceled due to lack of participation. The crazy thing is we never saw it advertised anywhere so no wonder it didn't fill up!
I'm sorry you did not get to do it this time. That happened the first time we signed up. When we did it in February on the Regal, enough people signed up for them to split us into two groups. We were initially on a waitlist until they had more people sign up. It's something I'm glad we finally got a chance to do. The fact that DH's favorite cruise director's staff member made it even better.