Handicapped junior suite

Accessible cabins are generally 1.5 times the size of a regular cabin of the same category although not the case with the JS on Jewel. The JS on Jewel based on what I have read is 80 more sq. ft than a regular JS for a total of 362. and just about the size of the regular Grand Suite.

It will have a much larger bathroom with a roll in shower that has grab bars and a fold down shower chair.

Do you NEED the accessible cabin?

If you just want the extra room, then shame on you!

Sherry

No, I don't need the accessible cabin. It was the last junior suite available. Not sure i should feel bad about paying extra for a larger cabin. Thanks for your kind words...you don't even know me. Shame on you!

No, I don't need the accessible cabin. It was the last junior suite available. Not sure i should feel bad about paying extra for a larger cabin. Thanks for your kind words...you don't even know me. Shame on you!

Honestly, as a cruiser that NEEDS an accessible cabin myself, I say you are WELL within final payment on this cruise and WELL within your right to book this cabin :)

If the cruise was a year out and you didnt need an accessible cabin but booked it anyway, I would most certainly feel differently but that simply isnt the case here :)

Enjoy it! :)

Edited by ryano

I think Royal Caribbean releases the wchr accessible cabins like 4-6 weeks prior to sailing. Most probably from their data base they know that people who needs such a cabin book way in advance. Don't feel bad about it. Enjoy it!

Sherry

Its past final payment date on the cruise so the cabin is open for anyone to book no matter if they "need" it or not. :) Someone who actually NEEDS this cabin should have booked it months ago.

JMHO

Its past final payment date on the cruise so the cabin is open for anyone to book no matter if they "need" it or not. :) Someone who actually NEEDS this cabin should have booked it months ago.

JMHO

Mine as well. Enjoy the cabin.

There are only 2 HC JSs on each of the Radiance class ships - cabins 1028 & 1528. 1528 has always been my preference.

As others have said, those of us that reserve those cabins know we need to do it as soon as the cruise is released. You are within 60 days - enjoy it - you will love the balcony as much as the cabin.

You should have said your cruise is past final payment date. Then nothing would be said. But many people book them, without needing them, only for the extra space, shutting out a disabled person. Realize that you, as an able bodied person, have the ability to pick from 1000 or more cabins, while a disabled person is lucky to have 30 to choose from. And why should you feel "bad" about paying more? You don't fell bad about booking an accessible cabin, but for paying more????

There are some negatives for able bodied booking an accessible cabin. The shower is a pain in the behind,as it floods the entire bathroom. The rased toilet is uncomfortable if you're a shorter person. The cabin may be without some furniture that you're used to having in a regular cabin.

Ryano, why should a disabled person be forced to book earlier than you? If cruise lines and travel agents refuse to book cabins for able bodied passengers, until after final payments, there wouldn't be a problem. But why should we not be able to have the same advantages as any able bodied person, one of which is booking less than 6 months out.

Sherry

you cannot book am accessiblecabin before final payment unless you prove need. if they were able to book it then it is past FP and open to ANYONE

I agree with you. When I read the response you were given I wondered what kind of judgemental person responded shame on her! The last cruise we were on all they had left was a accessible balcony in the category I had selected that I could afford - this was a last minute cruise I booked 4 days before sailing. I LOVED the room. Do I feel guilty - heck no. I asked my TA to be absolutely sure this was ok to book and was told it was ok. When I filled out my info on line it even asks you to list special needs or says you may have been assigned the cabin because it was available. Enjoy your cabin!!!!

You should have said your cruise is past final payment date. Then nothing would be said. But many people book them, without needing them, only for the extra space, shutting out a disabled person. Realize that you, as an able bodied person, have the ability to pick from 1000 or more cabins, while a disabled person is lucky to have 30 to choose from. And why should you feel "bad" about paying more? You don't fell bad about booking an accessible cabin, but for paying more????

There are some negatives for able bodied booking an accessible cabin. The shower is a pain in the behind,as it floods the entire bathroom. The rased toilet is uncomfortable if you're a shorter person. The cabin may be without some furniture that you're used to having in a regular cabin.

I shouldn't have to have said that at all. I referenced our jewel cruise and have a countdown clock that shows time left before I cruise....hello! I asked a simple question and most responses have been nice. Didn't think a simple question would cause nastiness. Really!

Hi, I hopefully just snagged the last us for our sailing on the jewel. Can anyone tell me what the differences might be?

Thanks!

Basically an Accessible Junior Suite is just a little larger than a Standard Junior Suite. Most of the 80 sq. ft. difference is in the size of the bathroom . Therefore other than having a larger bathroom perhaps a chair missing you really won't notice a difference from a standard junior suite

For those that think the OP shouldn't have booked this cabin it should be noted that I'm disabled absolutely have no issues with the OP having booked this cabin as it's well past the final payment period.

TIP: ask for extra towels. Roll them up and place around the shower parameter as this will minimize the water going all about the bathroom.

Enjoy your cruise !

I agree with you. When I read the response you were given I wondered what kind of judgemental person responded shame on her! The last cruise we were on all they had left was a accessible balcony in the category I had selected that I could afford - this was a last minute cruise I booked 4 days before sailing. I LOVED the room. Do I feel guilty - heck no. I asked my TA to be absolutely sure this was ok to book and was told it was ok. When I filled out my info on line it even asks you to list special needs or says you may have been assigned the cabin because it was available. Enjoy your cabin!!!!

It was a kneejerk response, and not a totally off-base one.

Fortunately for maggieq, the rest of the CC posters read the whole thing and saw the date in her signature before posting.

:)

I agree with you. When I read the response you were given I wondered what kind of judgemental person responded shame on her!

In defense of Sherry, but we've cruised with her and she is the nicest person. She is in a motorized wheel chair so she knows the importance of having that type of cabin available for those that need the extra space.

I'm sure that she didn't even check out the OPs signature, because if she had should would have seen it is past final payment and the cabin is available to anyone at this point in time.

Basically an Accessible Junior Suite is just a little larger than a Standard Junior Suite. Most of the 80 sq. ft. difference is in the size of the bathroom . Therefore other than having a larger bathroom perhaps a chair missing you really won't notice a difference from a standard junior suite

For those that think the OP shouldn't have booked this cabin it should be noted that I'm disabled absolutely have no issues with the OP having booked this cabin as it's well past the final payment period.

TIP: ask for extra towels. Roll them up and place around the shower parameter as this will minimize the water going all about the bathroom.

Enjoy your cruise !

Thank you! I was actually thinking the same on the towels once I read about the shower.

By the way..........

It is an ACCESSIBLE cabin, not a handicapped cabin.

:)

:):) You beat me to it, Merion_Mom.

As a disabled cruiser, I was just about to point out that the cabin isn't disabled or handicapped! :D:D

Yes, my remark was a knee jerk response.

I apologize!

Just the wording that you scored an accessible cabin touched a nerve. I should have asked when you were sailing. There are a lot of people who want the extra room these cabins offer. I NEED the extra space, I can not cruise in a regular cabin. There are so few accessible cabins on each ship!

A favor please, when you check in, tell them if someone needs the cabin, you will move! Say it with a smile and ask for an upgrade, I bet you will get one!

Yes I am a nice person, thanks Patti for confirming it!

Sherry

Yes, my remark was a knee jerk response.

I apologize!

Just the wording that you scored an accessible cabin touched a nerve. I should have asked when you were sailing. There are a lot of people who want the extra room these cabins offer. I NEED the extra space, I can not cruise in a regular cabin. There are so few accessible cabins on each ship!

A favor please, when you check in, tell them if someone needs the cabin, you will move! Say it with a smile and ask for an upgrade, I bet you will get one!

Yes I am a nice person, thanks Patti for confirming it!

Sherry

Sherry, I knew/understood exactly where you were coming from. And there ARE "horrible" people who just want to "game the system."

Happy cruising! :)

Ryano, why should a disabled person be forced to book earlier than you? If cruise lines and travel agents refuse to book cabins for able bodied passengers, until after final payments, there wouldn't be a problem. But why should we not be able to have the same advantages as any able bodied person, one of which is booking less than 6 months out.

I'm sure he will correct me if I am wrong but I have read a lot if his posts and I believe Ryano uses handicapped rooms. With that being said, I'm sure he understands the need to book these rooms as well as how hard it can be to get them.