Why is there so little feedback from Tauck cruisers

mauimary

I have been browsing the River Cruise Boards for awhile now. It's rare that we see a mention from Tauck Cruisers let alone a review. Anyone have an insight as to why this might be.

We will be going on our first river cruise in the fall of 2017. After much research we decided on all inclusive Tauck. We have been on many ocean cruises over the last fifteen years. We did our research and compared the other all inclusive players. What it came down to was dates and itinerary in our selection. We are also planning a land trip in Switzerland prior to this cruise. So the timing worked out well to add a Rhine Cruise that begins in Bern with a two night stay there. The cruise part begins in Basel and ends in Amsterdam

We have gained lots of info from cruisers on the other lines from these boards which we appreciate. We are wondering where all the Tauck cruisers are?

(1) Tauck has very few ships, so there are very few "Tauck cruisers."

(2) If they live up to their reputation, nobody has anything to complain about :D

(3) I see you've already found it, but for the benefit of others reading this -- Cruise Critic has an editor on Tauck right now:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2386991#post50688573

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

We will be taking our 1st Tauck cruise on the Danube (Prague to Budapest) this Spring 2017. After much research, we decided they fit our needs and wants the best. Their reputation seems to be impeccable and you can find many reviews on their website boards.

Have a wonderful trip and I will post about our Tauck cruise when we return.

Tauck is a world wide travel tour company that includes land, small ship and European river cruises. We've had six land tours in the USA and overseas. Also two river cruisers, Belgium and Holland at tulip time and Christmas markets on the Danube. They offer an exquisite product with extremely interesting included tours off the boat each day. We're also booked for Christmas markets on the Rhine this year. We've never been disappointed with the product as we continue to travel with them year after year. One thing we found is that as a whole their travelers tend not to participate much on discussion boards.

njhoo...thank you for your reply. That says a lot that you have found a product that you keep coming back to. We hope to feel the same. Your comment about Taulk cruisers as a whole not participating much in discussion boards was kind of what I was suspecting. Hopefully more will chime in!

We are taking the Bern to Amsterdam Tauck River cruise September 2016. This will be our second river cruise with them. Our first Paris trip was last year. They are wonderful. They go the extra mile and have fewer passenger on their boats. Food great and tours exceptional. What more can you ask for?

We have never traveled with Tauck but we have good friends who book 2 trips a year with them. Some involve cruises, others not but they will not use any other company. Njoo's observation that Tauck travelers don't participate much in travel discussions makes sense. Tauck takes care of all the details so perhaps those who travel with them have no need to research and plan? Even though our friends travel all over the world, they don't do all the research and planning that most of us on CC do. Their TA books their flights and Tauck takes care of the rest. They always have an amazing time!

Met some Tauck cruisers on our Viking Southern France cruise. They loved Tauck. Highly recommended. They are going on another Tauck cruise later this year.

Howdy there Philw1776,

Just a question as I see you did The Viking Southern France cruise. What River The Rhone by chance as we are booked with Scenic and doing What is called The Spectacular South of France with Paris and Monte Carlo.

Looking for Helpful Hints!!

Thanks Gary

Howdy there Philw1776,

Just a question as I see you did The Viking Southern France cruise. What River The Rhone by chance as we are booked with Scenic and doing What is called The Spectacular South of France with Paris and Monte Carlo.

Looking for Helpful Hints!!

Thanks Gary

Same river.

Tour to medieval town of Les Baux was fun.

Our guide had us hit Arles just as the residents dressed up old style for May Day.

Took an afternoon tour to Pont du Gard Roman aqueduct. Beautiful museum explains all (English) and the walking around on and around the aqueduct is special. French families enjoy the surroundings. My favorite.

Tour to a new Roman ruins museum in Vienne was nice as was the Roman temple.

Stayed 2 nights post cruise in Nice. Didn't think it would be my kind of place but loved it. Old town is great. Plentiful good restaurants and old streets are a maze.

Took private tour from Nice to surrounding old towns incl beautiful Eze and St Paul de Vence. Terrific.

You'll have a great time whatever you do.

Rick Steves points out you can take inexpensive and frequent local trains (or busses, train probably better/easier and more scenic) to the seacoast towns surrounding Monte Carlo...Monaco, Nice. Would need a car/tour for nearby Eze. Worth it.

Rick Steves points out you can take inexpensive and frequent local trains (or busses, train probably better/easier and more scenic) to the seacoast towns surrounding Monte Carlo...Monaco, Nice. Would need a car/tour for nearby Eze. Worth it.

You can do Eze from Monte Carlo or Nice by bus. We thought about it, but decided it was too rushed for an ocean cruise shore excursions -- but if staying in the area would be no problem.

You can do Eze from Monte Carlo or Nice by bus. We thought about it, but decided it was too rushed for an ocean cruise shore excursions -- but if staying in the area would be no problem.

A taxi from Monte Carlo to Eze is about $20 US. It is well worth the visit but be prepared to climb many stone steps. There is a Michelin restaurant in the Chateau that is wonderful and if no time for dining, the outside terrace has spectacular views with a glass of champagne.

I've done one land and two river cruises with Tauck since 2011. Except for a couple of personal picky problems I couldn't fault Tauck. I've posted two Tauck river cruise reviews, one in 2011 and the other in 2014. I do however admit that it appears most Tauck customers simply do not post. My guess is that in every aspect Tauck has satisfied every thing they expected. Everyone has their personal favourite river cruise company and Tauck is mine.

Thank you to all who posted on Tauck. Lots of good info. Agnesd I hope you come back and post about your Sept.trip. This is the same itinerary we will be on in Sept 2017. It sounds wonderful.

I particularly like to see posts on cruise critic as I feel they may be more unbiased than those I see on the website. I have however seen the community boards on the Tauck website. All are very helpful.

I have been browsing the River Cruise Boards for awhile now. It's rare that we see a mention from Tauck Cruisers let alone a review. Anyone have an insight as to why this might be.

We have gained lots of info from cruisers on the other lines from these boards which we appreciate. We are wondering where all the Tauck cruisers are?

First problem is that when you go to Cruise Critic Message Board Forums and look for 'Tauck' in the list of cruise lines, it's not there. Some of the other posts here explain why but I'm sure that's put off many people, including myself, from posting a Tauck cruise review.

Personally we have done a south of France river cruise and a Japan small ship cruise and I endorse every one of the positive comments made above.

CanEcosse.....As far as the Message forums I do not see any of the River Cruise Lines listed. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. On the River boards that is where I am finding all the comments and reviews on the different Cruise lines. I see what others are saying that for some reason Tauck Cruisers just do not seem to participate in the cruise forums on these boards.

We will be taking our 1st Tauck cruise on the Danube (Prague to Budapest) this Spring 2017. After much research, we decided they fit our needs and wants the best. Their reputation seems to be impeccable and you can find many reviews on their website boards.

Have a wonderful trip and I will post about our Tauck cruise when we return.

We are booked on the Dec 3 cruise from Basel to Cologne. We have cruised on Viking before, but they were fully booked by the time we decided to do a Christmas cruise. This will be our first trip with Tauck.

Michele