Best Beach Club?

kelseygray

My boyfriend and I will be sailing to the Western Caribbean on the Carnival Glory next week, and will be visiting Cozumel for the first time. Can anyone give any insight on the beach clubs? I’ve looked at Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach, and Nachi-Cocom. I had decided on Paradise beach, but my sister-in-law told me she had visited and it wasn’t worth the price. I have no idea what to do now. I’ve read good and bad reviews about all three. We are “lay on the beach” people. I would just like a clean beach, available chairs, good food and drinks, and restroom facilities. Any advice would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My boyfriend and I will be sailing to the Western Caribbean on the Carnival Glory next week, and will be visiting Cozumel for the first time. Can anyone give any insight on the beach clubs? I’ve looked at Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach, and Nachi-Cocom. I had decided on Paradise beach, but my sister-in-law told me she had visited and it wasn’t worth the price. I have no idea what to do now. I’ve read good and bad reviews about all three. We are “lay on the beach” people. I would just like a clean beach, available chairs, good food and drinks, and restroom facilities. Any advice would be appreciated!

This is a very active board and these three, and others, are discussed over and over. Obviously "best" is very subjective and what is good for one is not good for another person. I suggest you read back a page or two and come to your own personal decision based on what you are looking for. Personally I think the facilities at Paradise are very clean and good.( It doesn't have the atmosphere or space I require when there are only two of us, so isn't generally in my top choice, but I can see that it could be excellent for younger more active people, or families.) Paradise is PAYG so not sure how it can not be worth the price unless you purchase something you don't really use.

If you find a post by Mitsugirly, she has intensive photo reviews of all three places in her signature which may help you decide although some are from a few years ago now

Welcome to the boards! :cool:

Do you want AI? :confused: If so Paradise Beach is not for you

Do you not want AI? :confused: If so Mr. Sanchos and Nachi Cocom are not for you.

Do you want water toys? :confused: If so, Nachi Cocom is not for you

Do you want music and a lively atmosphere? :confused: If so Sanchos and Paradise Beach are not for you

I second the above suggestion to check out the reviews linked in Mitsugirly's signature - you'll need a computer, not a phone, to access them. Good luck with your planning and have a great cruise! :D

Welcome to the boards!

Do you want AI? If so Paradise Beach is not for you

Do you not want AI? If so Mr. Sanchos and Nachi Cocom are not for you.

Do you want water toys? If so, Nachi Cocom is not for you

Do you want music and a lively atmosphere? If so Sanchos and Paradise Beach are not for you

I second the above suggestion to check out the reviews linked in Mitsugirly's signature - you'll need a computer, not a phone, to access them. Good luck with your planning and have a great cruise!

Needs some editing but close.

Corrected:

Do you want AI? If so Paradise Beach is not for you

Do you not want AI? If so Nachi Cocom is not for you.

Do you want water toys? If so, Nachi Cocom is not for you

Do you want music and a lively atmosphere? If so, Nachi Cocom is not for you

Mr Sanchos has AI and Pay as You Go. I believe you had music and lively atmosphere switched.

My opinion: based on the OPs desires I would recommend Nachi Cocom

When I read the recommendations on this forum I am always amazed at the different tastes people have. My wife and I went to Nachi Cocom the last time we were in Cozumel and would not go back. Others like it, so to each his own.:)

We spent 10 days in Cozumel back in July. Based on what you are looking for in your post... grab a cab and go to Playa Palancar. Free to get in. You pay for what you use, eat, or drink. Drinks were strong and food was good. We went out there twice in the five days we spent beach hopping. And there were always taxis there waiting to carry people back to town/ships.

We've been to Nachi-Cocum 4 times and we're going back next February. They have a nice private beach (no vendors), a chlorinated pool with swim up bar, and hot tub. You get a pair of loungers and a small table under your own palapa (once we were under a coconut tree) They're not shy with drinks, or service, and lunch is plentiful and delicious! (Try the coconut ice cream). We've seen families enjoying their day, but without water toys, there's not a big draw for kids, so it's generally quiet and relaxed. Always friendly, always clean (restrooms too). Makes a perfect beach day for us.

We've been to Nachi-Cocum 4 times and we're going back next February. They have a nice private beach (no vendors), a chlorinated pool with swim up bar, and hot tub. You get a pair of loungers and a small table under your own palapa (once we were under a coconut tree) They're not shy with drinks, or service, and lunch is plentiful and delicious! (Try the coconut ice cream). We've seen families enjoying their day, but without water toys, there's not a big draw for kids, so it's generally quiet and relaxed. Always friendly, always clean (restrooms too). Makes a perfect beach day for us.

Thanks Tom. How's Manfred?:D;p

Friends were at NC yesterday as Mr Sanchos was booked. They enjoyed it. But a little too quiet for them.

Subscribing as also looking between the three.

Which has nicest beach? Have heard Nachi has lots of seaweed and think I read the same recently about Paradise Beach . Is sand softer at one vs another? Which is closest to cruise port?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Nachi, Sanchos and PB (and others) are lined up along the same side of the island - if seaweed is affecting one, it will be found at all.

Beach is slightly better at Sanchos compared to PB, and some have complained that the sand at Nachi is "to soft"?

IMHO the sand and see weed issues are minor - focus on if you want AI or not, if you want a lively atmosphere, and if you want water toys, etc. All three are about the same distance from the piers - cab fare to any of the 3 should be about $17 each way.

When I read the recommendations on this forum I am always amazed at the different tastes people have. My wife and I went to Nachi Cocom the last time we were in Cozumel and would not go back. Others like it, so to each his own.:)

I would be grateful if you could share more w/ me as to why. I was looking at maybe booking for December, instead of Mr Sanchos, which we love, but thought we might try something new. Hubs would be happy as a clam going to Sanchos every time. Any insight would be helpful. We like a little lively atmosphere, and AI, we are a couple in our early 50's, btw.

I would be grateful if you could share more w/ me as to why. I was looking at maybe booking for December, instead of Mr Sanchos, which we love, but thought we might try something new. Hubs would be happy as a clam going to Sanchos every time. Any insight would be helpful. We like a little lively atmosphere, and AI, we are a couple in our early 50's, btw.

Nachi will generally be very quiet and have less people there. It is not lively by any means but more serene. If you are happy with Mr. Sanchos then I recommend going back. You don't technically have to try a new place.

I've been to Nachi twice and Mr Sanchos twice and I like both but they are different experiences.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 6:12 PM, kelseygray said:

Just my opinion, 1) Mr Sanchos 2) Nachi Cocom 3) a tie, Paradise Peach and Buccanos (which is Pay as You Go!) We choose Nachi over Mr Sanchos when there are 5 or more ships in port, cause Nachi sets limits!

4 hours ago, AmBear said:

Just my opinion, 1) Mr Sanchos 2) Nachi Cocom 3) a tie, Paradise Peach and Buccanos (which is Pay as You Go!) We choose Nachi over Mr Sanchos when there are 5 or more ships in port, cause Nachi sets limits!

Interested to hear about your experience at Buccanos as a cruiser day pass? Had always heard there is an entrance fee in recent years. Obviously PAYG once you get in.

Edited by c-leg5

8 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Interested to hear about your experience at Buccanos as a cruiser day pass? Had always heard there is an entrance fee in recent years. Obviously PAYG once you get in.

There is an entrance fee, about $10.pp, the food is outstanding, the facilities are extremely clean, they have some really good snorkeling right next to the beach, a very nice 'paygo' north of the downtown area! Another excellent 'paygo' is Palancar Beach, which is south of the ports past Nachi Cocom, a few more dollars in a taxi ride, but they have no entrance fee, the food is very good, and the prices for food and drink is low! If you are adventurous, rent a car, and go to the east side of Cozumel where you have rustic Mezcailito's Last Frontier Bar/Beach, and Coconuts bar/grill!

3 hours ago, AmBear said:

Yes have visited all these locations as a regular cruise and land visitor. $10pp is usualy not available at Buccanos if they think you are  a cruiser unless you pretend to be staying on the island. Did you get the fee back as credit towards food and drink?

perhaps the “security guard”  was missing from the car park?

Edited by c-leg5

22 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Yes have visited all these locations as a regular cruise and land visitor. $10pp is usualy not available at Buccanos if they think you are  a cruiser unless you pretend to be staying on the island. Did you get the fee back as credit towards food and drink?

perhaps the “security guard”  was missing from the car park?

The 2 times we went to Buccanos from a cruise, we arrived by ourselves in a taxi, a guard met us in the parking lot where we paid! In the afternoon, it gets busy there as some excursions end there! There is no credit, the money is to use their beach and pool!

2 hours ago, AmBear said:

The 2 times we went to Buccanos from a cruise, we arrived by ourselves in a taxi, a guard met us in the parking lot where we paid! In the afternoon, it gets busy there as some excursions end there! There is no credit, the money is to use their beach and pool!

Ok . I’ll stick to only going when staying on the island,  where you get it back as credit. $10 is an expensive entry fee for a beach bar on  Cozumel - way too many other options including  Playa Azul next door which doesnt charge an entry.

I realize they contract excursions with the cruiselines for watersports and rock wall and don’t want/need to encourage independent cruisers. 

16 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

We've been to Paradise Beach twice and loved it, although for our December cruise we'd like to try a different spot.  I need a shady spot - is this easily found at Nachi-Cocom or Mr. Sancho's?  Thanks in advance!

Definitely plenty of shade options at Nachi.  As others have said, it is a very nice, quiet relaxing day!