Back To Abyss-ness! Live from Harmony - December 2, 2017

Are we done Rick? Please say it ain't so. Your threads are the definition of living vicariously through others.

I know Bob! Tax Reform has ruined my life! Someone tell my clients to stop calling me!

I will try to finish up with Labadee tonight. I also need to go Christmas shopping. Ugh. If there was a way to get to the mall without driving I would have started drinking already.

I know Bob! Tax Reform has ruined my life! Someone tell my clients to stop calling me!

I will try to finish up with Labadee tonight. I also need to go Christmas shopping. Ugh. If there was a way to get to the mall without driving I would have started drinking already.

I would get nervous if patients stopped calling me.

And... somehow I just know that I'm going to come out on the losing end of tax reform...:rolleyes:

I had a client tell me yesterday and that e and his buddies always get together on December 23rd, drink all morning and uber to the mall and whatever they buy that’s Christmas for everyone.

Sounded like a good plan to me! [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So about Labadee.

Despite my late night of dancing at the Red Party, sleeping fours a night had become the norm this sailing so I popped up early to ensure that I got shots of our sail-in to Labadee.

278df2feaa0715fe75dd2121191a529d.jpg

We had secured a cabana at Barefoot Beach (Hilltop #3 for those that are keeping track) so we got off the ship as soon as we were cleared to maximize our time.

The weather was absolutely amazing, very similar to our stop there in September. In fact, knock on wood, all three of my visits to Labadee this year have been picture perfect.

e8c8619b730bcad34657e303d77e2eee.jpg

Raj (Concierge) had already briefed me the night before to make our way to the end of the pier to catch the golf cart to Barefoot Beach. To be honest the golf cart is a bit of overkill as the walk is very short, but when in Rome...

ca2d19d703e69c9db1ff30db96376530.jpg

Can you tell I’m hungover...or perhaps still drunk?

We were greeted at Barefoot Beach by the infamous Roberto, who truly has an energy about him that is infectious.

db1c7b9821db139a5c86503025ee4ab3.jpg

He showed us to our cabana and we settled in for our beach day.

0d8c08cbab35e92455da28910d6e4ae7.jpg

We spent most of the morning floating on the mats provided and drinking Labadoozies, which all came with the requested extra rum floaters. Thankfully, Antoniu was working the Barefoot Beach Bar. #Hairofthedog

Around noon we enjoyed the enhanced suite buffet, which was very good, but was lacking the lamp chops that we had enjoyed back in September.

5973f06f85cc15f823f510dc4a445eca.jpg

The rest of the afternoon was much of the same, floating on mats and day drinking.

I did take a walk at one point and found a walking path at the far right end of Barefoot Beach. Just to the right of the area in this shot.

79118020dccf0836aaa3f03dea62f925.jpg

It led me to this cool lookout spot.

0d4b1baf6c9ade37cc7cf4311cf57b19.jpg

Fast forward 24 hours and I would notice I had a run-in with Poison Ivy. Oh well. I think the booze and salt water kept it from getting really bad.

A random picture of Adrenaline Beach from my walk.

be4e5ba56001238a52a240bce9fcb5b4.jpg

All aboard wasn’t until 5:30, but I wanted to get back to the ship to shower and enjoy some more time at the Suite Sun Zone Bar. Antoniu bailed on me and headed back to the ship around 2. So around 4, we made our way back to the ship.

d824ec04183010ad6364976c37656989.jpg

86383542297807748083c77d2e62d100.jpg

Edited by CruiseLifeRick

At 5:30, I headed down to the helipad for the Suite Sail-away Party. Much like the bridge tour, I don’t think I will ever get sick of attending this. It really is a treat to be on the helipad of the Oasis Class.

eaa7ee2ad7577b88f8654b3138c9a56d.jpg

I might have been the first one out there! [emoji6]

15 minutes later.

c164d55777722c050bb7c9cd183abdec.jpg

b2416290ac82c4afaa028074547f8130.jpg

Unlike September, the weather was exceptional for sail-away.

8dd679c6ebf74f3e58d294ce9f777b16.jpg

The event was kicked off by a speech from Dru and an introduction of some of the officers and operations crew.

b63502b99387b98c779d5619318aaa4a.jpg

Of course, Raj and Mohammad were also present to ensure we were all enjoying ourselves.

81e6ba98e9e5cf2a99e9cdc8ce1b572e.jpg

Raj will be moving to the Symphony in February for those of you that may be sailing on her for the European Season.

Nice how the cruise directors get to move around to different ships. I'm pretty sure we had Dru on Allure back in 2016.

I had Dru twice before on Anthem as well. He is hoping to get back on her. Dru really is one of my favorites. I also think, from my experience on this sailing, that Jerry will be a great CD one day. Both were very approachable throughout the week and even partied with us at the Solarium Party, which was really unexpected, but awesome.

Damn real world.

I'm trying really hard not to be that guy...but I can't resist. What kind of photo gear did you bring? Looks like maybe a 5D and a 70-200 plus at least an f/2 lens of some sort?? I do realize that it's the photographer not the gear. Reminds me of someone's signature in a photography forum, "That was an excellent meal. What type of pots and pans do you have?"

Damn real world.

I'm trying really hard not to be that guy...but I can't resist. What kind of photo gear did you bring? Looks like maybe a 5D and a 70-200 plus at least an f/2 lens of some sort?? I do realize that it's the photographer not the gear. Reminds me of someone's signature in a photography forum, "That was an excellent meal. What type of pots and pans do you have?"

No worries.

I have five lenses that accompany me on my travels, which is why I refrain from going to down the rabbit hole of answering this question. Photography is a very real hobby of mine and therefore I have spent a decent amount of money investing in my equipment. In addition, as you point out, people aren’t going to just pick up a $5k camera and take amazing photos.

One lady handed me her 5D in Central Park to take a photo of her and her husband. Much to my dismay, she had it set on auto. When asked if I can switch to manual, she stated that she didn’t know what I was referring to. Wasted money. Just buy a good point and shoot and be on your way. I recommend the Canon G7X Mark II.

I do have a 70-200 in my inventory, but I think you would find that most photographers have one in their possession.

At 5:30, I headed down to the helipad for the Suite Sail-away Party. Much like the bridge tour, I don’t think I will ever get sick of attending this. It really is a treat to be on the helipad of the Oasis Class.

eaa7ee2ad7577b88f8654b3138c9a56d.jpg

I might have been the first one out there! [emoji6]

15 minutes later.

c164d55777722c050bb7c9cd183abdec.jpg

b2416290ac82c4afaa028074547f8130.jpg

Unlike September, the weather was exceptional for sail-away.

8dd679c6ebf74f3e58d294ce9f777b16.jpg

The event was kicked off by a speech from Dru and an introduction of some of the officers and operations crew.

b63502b99387b98c779d5619318aaa4a.jpg

Of course, Raj and Mohammad were also present to ensure we were all enjoying ourselves.

81e6ba98e9e5cf2a99e9cdc8ce1b572e.jpg

Raj will be moving to the Symphony in February for those of you that may be sailing on her for the European Season.

Love these shots of Labadee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you and me too! Good thing I’ll be back there in 81 days! #AdventureSquadReunites

I'll be there in 78 days!!! Can you tell me what deck the helipad is on??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

The helipad on the Oasis Class is on Deck 7; however, unlike other Royal Caribbean ships it is a restricted area. So as a perk they open it up for sail-away to the Sky and Star Class suite guests.