Is Liquor by the bottle sold on Princess for consumption in suite?

cmdchiefthom

I'm curious if Princess sells Liquor by the bottle for consumption in a Suite? I know I had three bottles of liquor in my Owners Suite aboard the Gem, but I can't seem to find out if I can purchase liquor for my suite aboard the Star Princess. Anybody got an answer?:)

Usually they put the liquor away until your last day at see when it is delivered to your stateroom. We usually bring a bottle of wine each on board with us and enjoy it in our stateroom. If you have a full suite they do have bar set up for you, the last time we had one it was stocked with small bottles like you get on an airline. It worked for us. I would call Princess to see if they changed their policy about purchasing a bottle on board.

They are much less pricey than some other lines. I went in to order and there was no rum showing, it shows in the order part for gifts to someone on board but not if I sign in with my booking number. Guess I'll have to call and order it that way.

You can pre-order on-line if any of these are to your liking.

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

Spirits

Cognac Courvoisier VSOP 350ml bottleItem #2345$32.20

Bourbon Jim Beam 375ml bottleItem #2335$17.25Crown Royal 375ml bottleItem #2333$23.00Jack Daniel's 375ml bottleItem #2334$27.60

Scotch Cutty Sark (350ml bottle)Item #2341$17.25Johnnie Walker Red Label 375ml bottleItem #2340$25.30

Vodka Skyy 375ml bottleItem #2353$17.25Absolut 375ml bottleItem #2352$20.70

Rum Bacardi White 375ml bottleItem #2359$17.25Cruzan Coconut Rum 375ml bottleItem #2360$17.25

Gin Gordon's 375ml bottleItem #2367$17.25Bombay Sapphire 375ml bottleItem #2366$23.00

You can pre-order on-line if any of these are to your liking.

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

Spirits

Cognac Courvoisier VSOP 350ml bottleItem #2345$32.20

Bourbon Jim Beam 375ml bottleItem #2335$17.25Crown Royal 375ml bottleItem #2333$23.00Jack Daniel's 375ml bottleItem #2334$27.60

Scotch Cutty Sark (350ml bottle)Item #2341$17.25Johnnie Walker Red Label 375ml bottleItem #2340$25.30

Vodka Skyy 375ml bottleItem #2353$17.25Absolut 375ml bottleItem #2352$20.70

Rum Bacardi White 375ml bottleItem #2359$17.25Cruzan Coconut Rum 375ml bottleItem #2360$17.25

Gin Gordon's 375ml bottleItem #2367$17.25Bombay Sapphire 375ml bottleItem #2366$23.00

Princess's prices for 350 ml are equivalent to prices for 750 ml on land. :(

Under bourbon, they list two non-bourbons. Neither Crown Royal not Jack Daniels is bourbon.

While Jack Daniel's bills itself as a "Tennessee Whiskey" it is actually Bourbon for all intents and purposes. I am extremely disappointed in the offerings for in-cabin consumption. The scotch listed is only drinkable if mixed which is not what scotch is about.

Princess's prices for 350 ml are equivalent to prices for 750 ml on land. :(

Worse than that: Bombay Sapphire can usually be found at BevMo or Total Wine for under $30 for a LITER.

IMO: Except for the Sapphire and perhaps the VSOP, everything else on that list is junk.

As for other cruise lines: some (e.g., Oceania) allow you to bring as much spirits or wine on board for cabin consumption as you may want. There's no. "Corkage" fee except for wine you may bring to meals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a neighbor who just returned on the Crown - said that if you are found bringing liquor aboard you pay $15 per bottle and get to keep it.

That's the first time I've read that about liquor. It's usually $15 per bottle for the wine above 1 bottle each and only if they happen to catch it.

Worse than that: Bombay Sapphire can usually be found at BevMo or Total Wine for under $30 for a LITER.

IMO: Except for the Sapphire and perhaps the VSOP, everything else on that list is junk.

As for other cruise lines: some (e.g., Oceania) allow you to bring as much spirits or wine on board for cabin consumption as you may want. There's no. "Corkage" fee except for wine you may bring to meals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And they wonder why some people like to smuggle their own. :')