Best private island?

Caribbean Allan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I loved Harvest Caye! Huge clean beautiful pool with tons of loungers and umbrellas plus a swim up bar. Nice beach with bathwater, lots of loungers, palapas and umbrellas. All in great shape. Used by Regent, Oceania and NCL.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

3 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I loved Harvest Caye! Huge clean beautiful pool with tons of loungers and umbrellas plus a swim up bar. Nice beach with bathwater, lots of loungers, palapas and umbrellas. All in great shape. Used by Regent, Oceania and NCL.

A beach has bathwater?  Not something I have wished for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/23/2019 at 6:54 PM, parrothead0918 said:

Harvest Caye

I agree, Harvest Caye is beautiful!!!

Have you noticed that Harvest Caye does not actually show up within these "Private Island" listings, but instead, is often discussed under the Belize listing?!?!

That is because, unlike NCL's Great Stirrup Cay, (or, like other cruise lines' islands) it is not directly run by NCL itself, but rather by Belize!!!

Too many people expect the on-ship amenities, which are not allowed within the agreement that NCL made in order to move forward with the construction of this island/port.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 11:26 AM, ggTexasGal said:

I agree, Harvest Caye is beautiful!!!

Have you noticed that Harvest Caye does not actually show up within these "Private Island" listings, but instead, is often discussed under the Belize listing?!?!

That is because, unlike NCL's Great Stirrup Cay, (or, like other cruise lines' islands) it is not directly run by NCL itself, but rather by Belize!!!

Too many people expect the on-ship amenities, which are not allowed within the agreement that NCL made in order to move forward with the construction of this island/port.

Stopping there on Oceania Marina in January.  At first I wasn’t thrilled as I didn’t want to be ‘captive’ on a man-made resort with few options.  We rarely do ship’s tours in favor of locals.  But after much research I’ve seen some good reviews, most likely directly related to the above.   I was going to get a ferry off the island but we’ll take a ship’s tour out to a reef and kayak in the lagoon.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catsngoats said:

Stopping there on Oceania Marina in January.  At first I wasn’t thrilled as I didn’t want to be ‘captive’ on a man-made resort with few options.  We rarely do ship’s tours in favor of locals.  But after much research I’ve seen some good reviews, most likely directly related to the above.   I was going to get a ferry off the island but we’ll take a ship’s tour out to a reef and kayak in the lagoon.  

A few weeks ago while at Harvest Caye, I did a Paddle Board. Then DH & I went out on one of the Peddle Boats. Both were good exercise for me and a nice way to see the lagoon area. The swimming pool is gorgeous and was very refreshing after our "work-out."   (Kayaking two years ago was good, also).

We returned to the ship, changed out of our swim-suits, ate lunch, and then went back out to explore the rest of the island for awhile.  It was a great day!